Trump's Next Move Towards a Fascist State: Take Away Licensing of T.V. Networks

How can people continue to support this guy? Can you think of any other historical figures that wanted to silence anyone that talked ill of them...?

""With all of the Fake News coming out of NBC and the Networks, at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? Bad for country!" Mr Trump wrote in a tweet."

Donald Trump threatens to shut down NBC and other TV news networks that criticise him

James Madison and Thomas Jefferson said that the free press was a key element in having a true democracy.

"I am... for freedom of the press, and against all violations of the Constitution to silence by force and not by reason the complaints or criticisms, just or unjust, of our citizens against the conduct of their agents." --Thomas Jefferson to Elbridge Gerry, 1799. ME 10:78

Jefferson on Politics & Government: Freedom of the Press
More fearmongering.

Trump doesn't have the power to do this, nor would the American people permit it.

That's the point. The moron doesn't know he shouldn't say such things.
He can say whatever the fuck he wants, just like you can.

It isn't his, or My problem, that the moronic left can't distinguish between his opinion and his actual abuse of power.

He can say what he wants and he does. Of course the consequence of doing so has ruined any credibility he could have had and further reinforces the belief that he's a complete moron.
Credibility by whom? This kind of statement cracks Me up. I am no Trump supporter, but those who hate anything right of Stalin wouldn't believe or accept anything that the right has to say, regardless. To say something like this is to say that the left would have given him some credibility if he did things they agree with, which they won't.

It is just an asinine way to look at things.

How can people continue to support this guy? Can you think of any other historical figures that wanted to silence anyone that talked ill of them...?

""With all of the Fake News coming out of NBC and the Networks, at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? Bad for country!" Mr Trump wrote in a tweet."

Donald Trump threatens to shut down NBC and other TV news networks that criticise him

James Madison and Thomas Jefferson said that the free press was a key element in having a true democracy.

"I am... for freedom of the press, and against all violations of the Constitution to silence by force and not by reason the complaints or criticisms, just or unjust, of our citizens against the conduct of their agents." --Thomas Jefferson to Elbridge Gerry, 1799. ME 10:78

More fearmongering.

Trump doesn't have the power to do this, nor would the American people permit it.
Exactly why it is not fear mongering. Without the checks in place of his power, he would be a horrible authoritarian. Exactly why he must be checked.
Checked for what? Voicing an Opinion?

More fearmongering.

Exactly why it is not fear mongering. Without the checks in place of his power, he would be a horrible authoritarian. Exactly why he must be checked.
Checked for what? Voicing an Opinion?
yes, you are so smart, that is exactly what I meant, thank you for blessing me with your insight.

This is not a situation where we had a fair and free press that was working, and Trump is throwing a monkey wrench in the works. The so called 'press' is broken, its corrupted, biased. Trump is simply trying to correct this situation.
So....you support the government taking away the licenses of news networks that say things it doesn't like?

NBC lied and their lie caused our allies and other countries around the world grave concern. FACT!

It's not a fact. NBC stands by their story and their three sources. What is your proof? The word of a moron?
NBC stood by Dan Rather and his fake memos until the they were shamed into admitted the truth.

Left or right, it is utterly wrong and dangerous for the President to make this comment:
“With all the Fake News coming out of NBC and the Networks, at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? Bad for the country!”

The answer is never! It is absolutely imperative we have a free press. I agree the press is hopeless biased and leftist, but a President should not talk about censoring his critics. If you want to make sure Media companies don’t get too big like then fine have that discussion. But a President should never speak censoring his critics.

Most of his media problems are self-inflicted. His tweets are generally outrageous and impossible to defend. His childish and public fights with people are immature and yes unpresidential.

You are the source of your own problem.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
The majority of the press stopped being "free" the moment they consigned their reporting and journalistic integrity to advancing the leftist point of view. A free press should devote itself to objectivity, independent reporting, not acting as a mouthpiece for one party or another.

That happened shortly after WW II.

Create diffetent categoroes of Licenses.

News agencies that continually report fake news or that refuses to report news should have their 'NEWS' broadcasting licenses revoked and be given an 'ENTERTAINMENT' broadcasting license isdued, allowing themto continue to broadcast the same way but losing their 'official' 'News Agency' designation.

News agencies that continually report fake news or that refuses to report news should have their 'NEWS' broadcasting licenses revoked and be given an 'ENTERTAINMENT' broadcasting license isdued, allowing themto continue to broadcast the same way but losing their 'official' 'News Agency' designation.
I would simply bar them from attending White House press conferences. That pretty much does the same thing.

I wonder how these media folks will feel after they cause this thin skinned President to have a stroke or something? NBC and the others need to cut back on gossip and get back to real news.

This is not a situation where we had a fair and free press that was working, and Trump is throwing a monkey wrench in the works. The so called 'press' is broken, its corrupted, biased. Trump is simply trying to correct this situation.
So....you support the government taking away the licenses of news networks that say things it doesn't like?

NBC lied and their lie caused our allies and other countries around the world grave concern. FACT!

It's not a fact. NBC stands by their story and their three sources. What is your proof? The word of a moron?
NBC stood by Dan Rather and his fake memos until the they were shamed into admitted the truth.

Time will tell. I'm confident. It's you fools who get taken every time.

If there is no other way to force the press to stop lying, then so be it. It has to be. This latest lie, that Trump demanded a ten fold increase in our nuclear arsenal was just about beyond the pale. Next it might be that Trump has secretly ordered a first strike on Iran and North Korea. The press has shown that their Trump hate has no boundaries. They will see the nation burn if it hurts Trump.

They are abusing the First Amendment not using it. That cannot be allowed to continue.
Birthers. Obama is s Muslim. MB infiltrated thr WH. Seth Rich. Bla blah blah.

Who gets to decide what legitimate "truth" is pravda the state?
When did networks report on birthers as true or a fact?
people made those claims, like they do now with Russia, but with zero evidence, the networks report every negative thing as fact, even hookers peeing on a bed.
the networks report every negative thing as fact, even hookers peeing on a bed.

Liar.

Ooooo, good defense.

Defense?

It's a straight up lie. Post up one MSM source that reported that as fact.

You want an article of hookers peeing on a bed....let me check with some Democrats down the street.

Time will tell. I'm confident. It's you fools who get taken every time.

Least we didn't get taken away like good ol Danny.

I wonder how these media folks will feel after they cause this thin skinned President to have a stroke or something? NBC and the others need to cut back on gossip and get back to real news.
That would be a tragedy........................

I would simply bar them from attending White House press conferences. That pretty much does the same thing.
Well, yes. That would show how afraid he is of them. Good plan.

Birthers. Obama is s Muslim. MB infiltrated thr WH. Seth Rich. Bla blah blah.

Who gets to decide what legitimate "truth" is pravda the state?
people made those claims, like they do now with Russia, but with zero evidence, the networks report every negative thing as fact, even hookers peeing on a bed.

Liar.

Ooooo, good defense.

Defense?

You want an article of hookers peeing on a bed....let me check with some Democrats down the street.

You don't have it?

Left or right, it is utterly wrong and dangerous for the President to make this comment:
“With all the Fake News coming out of NBC and the Networks, at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? Bad for the country!”

The answer is never! It is absolutely imperative we have a free press. I agree the press is hopeless biased and leftist, but a President should not talk about censoring his critics. If you want to make sure Media companies don’t get too big like then fine have that discussion. But a President should never speak censoring his critics.

Most of his media problems are self-inflicted. His tweets are generally outrageous and impossible to defend. His childish and public fights with people are immature and yes unpresidential.

You are the source of your own problem.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
The majority of the press stopped being "free" the moment they consigned their reporting and journalistic integrity to advancing the leftist point of view. A free press should devote itself to objectivity, independent reporting, not acting as a mouthpiece for one party or another.

So, if you're not part of a cookie cutter press, you're not "free".

Do you really want to say that rw press is "objective, independent" and not a "mouthpiece for the gop?

C'mon, that's utter nonsense.

Liar.

Ooooo, good defense.

Defense?

You don't have it?

Hutch Starskey

Someone need to tell Thinker101 it wasn't and isn't the Dems who reported that the cheeto likes to watch hookers pee on a bed.

Yep. If you don't like what the press says, don't let them be heard.

How terribly anti-constitution you are.

Suggest you take a long look at who is allowed into press conferences. Its a real eye opener.

Who decides what is "fake"?

Forum List

Back