Trump's Next Move Towards a Fascist State: Take Away Licensing of T.V. Networks

If there is no other way to force the press to stop lying, then so be it. It has to be. This latest lie, that Trump demanded a ten fold increase in our nuclear arsenal was just about beyond the pale. Next it might be that Trump has secretly ordered a first strike on Iran and North Korea. The press has shown that their Trump hate has no boundaries. They will see the nation burn if it hurts Trump.

They are abusing the First Amendment not using it. That cannot be allowed to continue.
Birthers. Obama is s Muslim. MB infiltrated thr WH. Seth Rich. Bla blah blah.

Who gets to decide what legitimate "truth" is pravda the state?
When did networks report on birthers as true or a fact?
people made those claims, like they do now with Russia, but with zero evidence, the networks report every negative thing as fact, even hookers peeing on a bed.
the networks report every negative thing as fact, even hookers peeing on a bed.

Liar.

Trump suggests challenging NBC's broadcast license

Well, it looks like trump has had enough of liberal propoganda.

Hopefully this will be the end of MSNBC. NBC, CNN et al.

Once we shut down the propoganda networks, i bet our country will be stronger than ever before!

Country might be stronger if posters knew the def of liberal.
Latin, free, for the individual and small gov.
How can a country be strong when it is populated by ignorant rubes?
America has always been populated by an element or demographic of ignorant rubes. Our Constitution and the institutions we have created since we became a nation keep the so-called "ignorant rubes" in check. The "ignorant rubes" are a weakness of Democracy. We have to put up with the negative impacts they may have on our society, but it is a cost we must pay to maintain our freedoms.
Well we are a nation founded by convicts, aggressive faction, religious nuts so what do we expect?
Pretty. Uneducated though.
No wonder the average Muslim here has better education, earns more than our locals

Haha, the average Muslim in the U.S comes from the crème of the crop of their countries.

If there is no other way to force the press to stop lying, then so be it. It has to be. This latest lie, that Trump demanded a ten fold increase in our nuclear arsenal was just about beyond the pale. Next it might be that Trump has secretly ordered a first strike on Iran and North Korea. The press has shown that their Trump hate has no boundaries. They will see the nation burn if it hurts Trump.

They are abusing the First Amendment not using it. That cannot be allowed to continue.

people made those claims, like they do now with Russia, but with zero evidence, the networks report every negative thing as fact, even hookers peeing on a bed.

Liar.

Ooooo, good defense.

This is not a situation where we had a fair and free press that was working, and Trump is throwing a monkey wrench in the works. The so called 'press' is broken, its corrupted, biased. Trump is simply trying to correct this situation.
So....you support the government taking away the licenses of news networks that say things it doesn't like?

NBC lied and their lie caused our allies and other countries around the world grave concern. FACT!

It's not a fact. NBC stands by their story and their three sources. What is your proof? The word of a moron?

Calm down Maddow.

Post up your evidence, liar.

Liar.

Ooooo, good defense.

Defense?

It's a straight up lie. Post up one MSM source that reported that as fact.

Left or right, it is utterly wrong and dangerous for the President to make this comment:
“With all the Fake News coming out of NBC and the Networks, at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? Bad for the country!”

The answer is never! It is absolutely imperative we have a free press. I agree the press is hopeless biased and leftist, but a President should not talk about censoring his critics. If you want to make sure Media companies don’t get too big like then fine have that discussion. But a President should never speak censoring his critics.

Most of his media problems are self-inflicted. His tweets are generally outrageous and impossible to defend. His childish and public fights with people are immature and yes unpresidential.

You are the source of your own problem.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
The majority of the press stopped being "free" the moment they consigned their reporting and journalistic integrity to advancing the leftist point of view. A free press should devote itself to objectivity, independent reporting, not acting as a mouthpiece for one party or another.
it's their right to do so. it's our right to ignore them and not keep them relevant.

Trump isn't taking away anyone's license to broadcast. Relax, Nancy.

And that's how it starts. Ignore what he says because there is no way he'll follow through right? Until he does...

But he could shoot a person in the middle of the street and you'd still support him. He already said that didn't he?
No he didn't.
Yes, he did. He said that. Are you really that poorly informed?

Left or right, it is utterly wrong and dangerous for the President to make this comment:
“With all the Fake News coming out of NBC and the Networks, at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? Bad for the country!”

The answer is never! It is absolutely imperative we have a free press. I agree the press is hopeless biased and leftist, but a President should not talk about censoring his critics. If you want to make sure Media companies don’t get too big like then fine have that discussion. But a President should never speak censoring his critics.

Most of his media problems are self-inflicted. His tweets are generally outrageous and impossible to defend. His childish and public fights with people are immature and yes unpresidential.

You are the source of your own problem.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
The majority of the press stopped being "free" the moment they consigned their reporting and journalistic integrity to advancing the leftist point of view. A free press should devote itself to objectivity, independent reporting, not acting as a mouthpiece for one party or another.
it's their right to do so. it's our right to ignore them and not keep them relevant.

I likened the media to someone who willingly sells themself into ideological slavery. I never said they didn't have the right to.

How can people continue to support this guy? Can you think of any other historical figures that wanted to silence anyone that talked ill of them...?

""With all of the Fake News coming out of NBC and the Networks, at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? Bad for country!" Mr Trump wrote in a tweet."

Donald Trump threatens to shut down NBC and other TV news networks that criticise him

James Madison and Thomas Jefferson said that the free press was a key element in having a true democracy.

"I am... for freedom of the press, and against all violations of the Constitution to silence by force and not by reason the complaints or criticisms, just or unjust, of our citizens against the conduct of their agents." --Thomas Jefferson to Elbridge Gerry, 1799. ME 10:78

Jefferson on Politics & Government: Freedom of the Press
More fearmongering.

Trump doesn't have the power to do this, nor would the American people permit it.

How can people continue to support this guy? Can you think of any other historical figures that wanted to silence anyone that talked ill of them...?

""With all of the Fake News coming out of NBC and the Networks, at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? Bad for country!" Mr Trump wrote in a tweet."

Donald Trump threatens to shut down NBC and other TV news networks that criticise him

James Madison and Thomas Jefferson said that the free press was a key element in having a true democracy.

"I am... for freedom of the press, and against all violations of the Constitution to silence by force and not by reason the complaints or criticisms, just or unjust, of our citizens against the conduct of their agents." --Thomas Jefferson to Elbridge Gerry, 1799. ME 10:78

More fearmongering.

Trump doesn't have the power to do this, nor would the American people permit it.

Sadly, the OP has allowed the Democrat Fake Newsters to get to him. He doesn't realize that he's being worn down into accepting even the most ridiculous Anti-Trump Democrat fantasies. They desperately count on folks like him.

More fearmongering.

That's the point. The moron doesn't know he shouldn't say such things.

More fearmongering.

He can say whatever the fuck he wants, just like you can.

It isn't his, or My problem, that the moronic left can't distinguish between his opinion and his actual abuse of power.

More fearmongering.

He can say whatever the fuck he wants, just like you can.

It isn't his, or My problem, that the moronic left can't distinguish between his opinion and his actual abuse of power.

He can say what he wants and he does. Of course the consequence of doing so has ruined any credibility he could have had and further reinforces the belief that he's a complete moron.

Trump suggests challenging NBC's broadcast license

Well, it looks like trump has had enough of liberal propoganda.

Hopefully this will be the end of MSNBC. NBC, CNN et al.

Once we shut down the propoganda networks, i bet our country will be stronger than ever before!

The market and the Internet are already punishing the LMSM. Trump is making a mistake here
Trump is doing what he does best, stepping on his own dick.
He needs to FOCUS but he's having to much fun trolling to do it. He is acting like all of us.

Three years from now, people will still be saying he needs to stop lying, needs to stop twitting, needs to get on message, needs to play less golf and go on fewer vacations, stop stealing money from the taxpayers and on and on.

He is what he is. He's not going to get better, not going to suddenly grow up and act like adult. Not going to learn his job.

He really is not all that bright. Okay, so he really is moron. He believes he can lie, cheat and steal and sure nuff, with the Repub congress, he can.
Stealing from the taxpayers? Goddamn son, he works for zero salary!

More fearmongering.

Exactly why it is not fear mongering. Without the checks in place of his power, he would be a horrible authoritarian. Exactly why he must be checked.

Forum List

Back