Trump's promised Free Speech Executive Order

I have read that President Trump is very concerned with the violence on American campuses and he is vowing to issue an Executive Order saying that colleges will have their federal funding withheld if they violate free speech on campus. This looks very promising.

Trump vows executive order requiring 'free speech' at colleges | Reuters

"If universities do not comply “it will be very costly,” he said. The U.S. government awards universities more than $30 billion annually in research funds."

In other words - Trump wants to make college students as dumb as his base. Why not just put Betsy DeVos or David Duke in charge of all the colleges.
not at all but you and the left that keep pushing YOUR mindset as if it's the only valid one need to sit the fuck down and give other people a chance to be heard.

don't really give a shit you don't like it.

When has that obese orange fool not been given the chance to be heard?

Ummm, I believe the topic is about marxists that arw trying to shut down any speech that doesn't go along with their commie agenda.

You mean like having SNL investigated because they made Trump jokes?
more like obama shutting down journalists he doesn't like.
or anti-fa and colleges shutting down conservative speakers
or maybe facebook, twitter, google and many other tech giants shutting down right wing based sites.

but hey - get mad at trump for saying something stupid - of which it was - but show me any real effort to investigate SNL and prove it was anything more than a passing stupid comment you put away to take out in moments like this to be an ass you've always wanted to be.

Great idea. The audience will just have to let it be known if they like what the speaker is saying or not. I fear it will result in unprecedented violence, but if that's what Trump wants.......
if you don't like what the speaker is saying - don't go.

only an asshole would make their choices my problem.

I have read that President Trump is very concerned with the violence on American campuses and he is vowing to issue an Executive Order saying that colleges will have their federal funding withheld if they violate free speech on campus. This looks very promising.

"If universities do not comply “it will be very costly,” he said. The U.S. government awards universities more than $30 billion annually in research funds."

In other words - Trump wants to make college students as dumb as his base. Why not just put Betsy DeVos or David Duke in charge of all the colleges.
not at all but you and the left that keep pushing YOUR mindset as if it's the only valid one need to sit the fuck down and give other people a chance to be heard.

who said it was about him?

seems like you wish to exersize your right to sound 12 years old and terminally pissed off and hey - i support you in that right; even if i think it's ass-nugget stupid.

it's your right to be ass-nugget stupid. have fun.

but it is not your or anyone elses right to prevent others from using open forums in order to do the same.

My mistake. I just assumed his executive order might have something to do with him or his childish whims. Please explain how it doesn't.

Ummm, I believe the topic is about marxists that arw trying to shut down any speech that doesn't go along with their commie agenda.

or maybe facebook, twitter, google and many other tech giants shutting down right wing based sites.

but hey - get mad at trump for saying something stupid - of which it was - but show me any real effort to investigate SNL and prove it was anything more than a passing stupid comment you put away to take out in moments like this to be an ass you've always wanted to be.

That's really scary. Every word the POTUS utters has world attention and impact. Has for a long time. Our current president's remarks are seen as nothing more than a passing stupid comment. Is that what you goofy trump supporters hoped for?.

Great idea. The audience will just have to let it be known if they like what the speaker is saying or not. I fear it will result in unprecedented violence, but if that's what Trump wants.......
if you don't like what the speaker is saying - don't go.

only an asshole would make their choices my problem.

People have a right to go where they want to go, unless you and the Trumpbotts want to end that right too.

That's really scary. Every word the POTUS utters has world attention and impact. Has for a long time. Our current president's remarks are seen as nothing more than a passing stupid comment. Is that what you goofy trump supporters hoped for?.
yet the words of previous POTUS's never seemed to bother you.

not playing your one way street pom pom waving ass bullshit. you should know this by now. should the day ever arise you wish to talk intelligently and without bias, hit me up.

til then you're a useless jr high jr varsity cheerleader 4th string substitute.

wave your pom poms high.

not playing your one way street pom pom waving ass bullshit. you should know this by now. should the day ever arise you wish to talk intelligently and without bias, hit me up.

wave your pom poms high.

Never knew a previous POTUS to lie as often or say as many really dumb things. Trump has taken those things to a whole nuther level.

wave your pom poms high.

Never knew a previous POTUS to lie as often or say as many really dumb things. Trump has taken those things to a whole nuther level.
the media lies at least as much about trump has he "lies"

where's your equal opportunity rage?

oh yea - POM POM bitches don't do that.

trump is concerned with violence so he says he will withhold federal funds if colleges don't allow free speech?

Do you see how illogical that is?

What does violence have to do with having or not having a speaker on a campus?

Trump can't do this via executive order. If federal funds are to be withheld, Congress has to be the one to do it.

Trump Can’t Cut Off Berkeley’s Funds by Himself. His Threat Still Raised Alarm.

Yes, the federal government has the authority to withhold federal funds like financial aid from colleges that engage in certain activities, Mr. Hartle said. And it has the authority to attach conditions to the money it gives out. The Solomon Amendment, for instance, requires colleges to admit ROTC or military recruiters to their campus or risk losing money.

But Congress would have to act to give the government the ability to take away federal funds for controversies involving the First Amendment, Mr. Hartle said.

The government also couldn’t pull funding from Berkeley by retroactively saying the institution’s federal money is contingent on protecting free speech, said Alexander (Sasha) Volokh, an associate professor of law at Emory University.

"If the funding comes explicitly with strings attached, which is that you must adequately protect free speech on your campus if you want these funds, and if the university takes these funds knowing the condition, that’s one thing," he said.

The U.S. Supreme Court has weighed in several times on strings attached to federal funding, Mr. Volokh said, and has determined that such conditions must be clearly stated in advance and related to the matter being funded.

wave your pom poms high.

the media lies at least as much about trump has he "lies"

where's your equal opportunity rage?

oh yea - POM POM bitches don't do that.

You keep stretching. You'll get that straw yet.

I find it funny as hell when Trump says that he's gonna do something that he clearly can't, and his minions follow him blindly, saying how good Trump is.

Hey................Trumpettes..................read post 52 and you will see WHY Trump can't withhold federal funds by EO. He's gotta have help from a Congressional vote in order to be able to do so, he can't do it via EO alone.

I find it funny as hell when Trump says that he's gonna do something that he clearly can't, and his minions follow him blindly, saying how good Trump is.

Hey................Trumpettes..................read post 52 and you will see WHY Trump can't withhold federal funds by EO. He's gotta have help from a Congressional vote in order to be able to do so, he can't do it via EO alone.

He sure pushed you loon's button over it.

The question begs...why would anyone not want free speech. That's sorta Fascist

Hey, I'm all for free speech, even if I don't agree with it. That isn't the point though, the point was that Trump said he was going to do something via EO that he clearly can't. That shows that neither Trump nor his supporters know much about how government works.

Hey, I'm all for free speech, even if I don't agree with it. That isn't the point though, the point was that Trump said he was going to do something via EO that he clearly can't. That shows that neither Trump nor his supporters know much about how government works.

Yeah you've posted that three times now....zzzzzzz

Yeah you've posted that three times now....zzzzzzz

Wow, I'm impressed. Keep it up, and pretty soon you will be using your other hand to count even higher.

trump is concerned with violence so he says he will withhold federal funds if colleges don't allow free speech?

How is that illegal?

How is that illegal?

In order to withhold federal funds from either a city or a college, either (a) it must be clearly stipulated at the beginning of the funding, or (b) Congress has to pass a bill cutting off funding. It cannot be done via EO. Post 52 refers.

Forum List

Back