Trumps Support is Likely 6-9 Points HIGHER Than Polls Show.

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
"People are slightly less likely to say that they support him when they’re talking to a live human” than when they are in the “anonymous environment” of an online survey, Dropp said.

The most telling part of the experiment, however, was that not all types of people responded the same way. Among blue-collar Republicans, who have formed the core of Trump's support, the polls were about the same regardless of method. But among college-educated Republicans, a bigger difference appeared, with Trump scoring 9 points better in the online poll.

Social-desirability bias -- the well-known tendency of people to hesitate to confess certain unpopular views to a pollster -- provides the most likely explanation for that education gap, Dropp and his colleagues believe.

Polls may actually underestimate Trump's support, study finds

And he has hardly spent a dime, the media gives him free publicity.

I wouldn't doubt this. People are afraid to say they support him in real life (IRL) I don't care, if people ask I tell them. I've gotten the "are you serious?" a few times :) People have confided in me that they are afraid to say it when they find out I support him.

A lot of my friends regularly dismiss Trump supporters as idiots, never realizing that I am a Trump supporter now.

Forum List

Back