Trump's trade war with China

I have got good news, and I have got bad news. The good news is the Dow is up 373 points. We finally have surpassed where we were in January 2018.

The bad news is, the reason for the leap forward is that Chinese officials agreed to resume talks. Meaning, thanks to Trump, Wall Street is dependent upon what China does.

Thank you, Mr. President.

American corporations have adjusted to the reality of the US being the world's bitch on trade.

If Trump manages to fix that, it will upset their current business models.

Seems worth it, and I speak as someone heavily invested in stocks.
What is the fix? We start paying more? That's a win?

Pointing out the negative impact of such trade policy is legitimate
Blaming China for it is not.

So, you admit that pointing out the negative impact of such trade policy is legitimate?

Then when did you act like it was not? Just being a dick for the sole joy of being a dick?

ALso, not sure what you mean about "blaming China for it".

China has a trade policy designed to serve Chinese interests. One can hardly blame them for that.

They are cheaters and assholes, but at least they are pursuing the interests of their nation, as they see it.

Which is more than I can say for the vast majority of our political and/or business class(s).

I have got good news, and I have got bad news. The good news is the Dow is up 373 points. We finally have surpassed where we were in January 2018.

The bad news is, the reason for the leap forward is that Chinese officials agreed to resume talks. Meaning, thanks to Trump, Wall Street is dependent upon what China does.

yes that is indeed good news for America and is extremely bad news for liberals !! the dem leaders must be wringing there hands a gnashing their teeth !

American corporations have adjusted to the reality of the US being the world's bitch on trade.

The fix is jobs and trade balance moving back to US.

Even if it means paying more.

And yes, that would be a win. Obviously.

Jobs? Jobs are moving to other countries. Your guy seems to be failing. Does the trade balance matter? Remember when we had a similar situation with Japan? How they doing now?

Jobs? Jobs are moving to other countries. Your guy seems to be failing. Does the trade balance matter? Remember when we had a similar situation with Japan? How they doing now?

I've been asking though this whole thread. If the trade balance does not matter, then why is Xi fighting to maintain the current trade balance?

Page 39, and no one has been able to really explain that.

I've been asking though this whole thread. If the trade balance does not matter, then why is Xi fighting to maintain the current trade balance?

The answer is obvious. Tariffs are a tax. Xi wants the tax dollars. His country is full of low income people.

You really need to listen to this.

The answer is obvious. Tariffs are a tax. Xi wants the tax dollars. His country is full of low income people.

Tariffs go to the country that is importing, not to the exporter.

If Xi wants to put taxes on his nation's exports, I fully support him, and I would bet money that Trump would too.

Your answer makes no sense, what so ever.

Yeah we tried that. It did not work out the way it was supposed to. The Chinese got a lot of our dollars, and yet do NOT spend them in our country.

We lost jobs for the steel makers, and did not get the other jobs promised.

And when we did, they went to younger immigrants who worked cheaper, not to out of work Americans.

Tariffs go to the country that is importing, not to the exporter.

If Xi wants to put taxes on his nation's exports, I fully support him, and I would bet money that Trump would too.

Your answer makes no sense, what so ever.
Aren't you trying to get them to lower tariffs on our exports to them? What is it you think you are tryin to do?

Yeah we tried that. It did not work out the way it was supposed to. The Chinese got a lot of our dollars, and yet do NOT spend them in our country.

We lost jobs for the steel makers, and did not get the other jobs promised.

And when we did, they went to younger immigrants who worked cheaper, not to out of work Americans.

We have the largest economy in the world and our unemployment rate is very low. What are you talking about?

In fact 2/3 of Americans are saying, Thank you Mr. President for standing up to China.

More than two-thirds of American voters want the U.S. to confront Beijing over its trade policies despite believing that they are suffering more from tariffs than China, a Harvard CAPS/Harris Poll survey released exclusively to The Hill found.

The poll showed 63 percent of registered voters said that tariffs imposed on Chinese products ultimately hurt the U.S. more than China, while 74 percent said that American consumers are shouldering most of the burden of those tariffs.

But 67 percent said that it is necessary to confront China over its trade practices, which President Trump and his allies have deemed unfair to the U.S.

Poll: Voters want US to confront China over trade

Hopefully, the Democrats will continue banging away on this issue right through the election.

Which is more than I can say for the vast majority of our political and/or business class(s).
They are pursuing their private interests, which is supposedly what America is all about. After all, you have the best politicians money can buy. Rather you than me.

I have not seen that to be the case. He is retaliating against arbitrary tariffs imposed by the US. The trade balance is Trump's, and your, fantasy.

Forum List

Back