Trump's trade war with China

Perhaps. But maybe those nations will realize, that they have to engage in more equitable and fair trade, or we will won't play with them either.

As has been pointed out many times, it's not the countries, it's the American business that want to exploit their cheap labor.

Countries where the people get paid very little can't afford to buy our products.

1. It is both. I support policy to combat both.

2. If China is incapable of mutually beneficial trade, then let US stop trading with them, or at least dial it back to what they can match.

We already have mutually beneficial trade with China

No one believes that. Everyone knows it is not true.

Anyone that does not let their politics think for them, knows it is true.

The signs are unmistakable, I have given them to you a dozen times.

LOL!!!!

Why do you not want higher wages for American workers?

cnm had admitted that his reasons is that he hates the Americans he think would benefit the most, ie working class whites.

With better trade policy, we can encourage American consumers to buy American, and nurture American employment and wages.

Why do I care where something is made? As a consumer I look for the best quality mixed with the best price, the country of origin is of very little concern to me.

America has a million open position more than people to fill them, what more do you want?
Supply and demand should dictate that a glut in labor supply should lead to higher wages. But do you want to know why it probably won’t? Because idiots are going to accept less than they’re worth, like fucking ALWAYS, and then blame it on the employer.

Are you suggesting they go on strike?
We’re talking about people who aren’t even hired yet. There’s a labor supply shortage in America and it’s the perfect time for workers to take a stand and demand what they’re worth before accepting a job... but they won’t. Because employers will try to offer less, like any market transaction where a buyer tries to negotiate a cheaper price, only for whatever reason workers will simply accept that offer and then bitch about the fact that employers didn’t offer more. You realize your labor is a service you’re selling to a buyer (an employer) the way any other service is, correct? If workers continue to just accept the lower offers from employers then what the fuck do you think is going to happen? Workers have the advantage right now and i guarantee you they won’t come out on top because they have no fucking idea how to negotiate. It’s always someone else’s fault.

People at that end of the equation are not organized or able to miss even one check.

As has been pointed out many times, it's not the countries, it's the American business that want to exploit their cheap labor.

Countries where the people get paid very little can't afford to buy our products.

2. If China is incapable of mutually beneficial trade, then let US stop trading with them, or at least dial it back to what they can match.

Business believes we do. They aren't happy that their previous agreements are coming back to bite them now though.

I dont' think business believe that. I think that they know that they are looking out for themselves while fucking their fellow Americans, and they tell themselves that that is ok, for various bullshit reasons.

You didn't say anything different than I did.

With better trade policy, we can encourage American consumers to buy American, and nurture American employment and wages.

Why do I care where something is made? As a consumer I look for the best quality mixed with the best price, the country of origin is of very little concern to me.

America has a million open position more than people to fill them, what more do you want?
Supply and demand should dictate that a glut in labor supply should lead to higher wages. But do you want to know why it probably won’t? Because idiots are going to accept less than they’re worth, like fucking ALWAYS, and then blame it on the employer.

We’re talking about people who aren’t even hired yet. There’s a labor supply shortage in America and it’s the perfect time for workers to take a stand and demand what they’re worth before accepting a job... but they won’t. Because employers will try to offer less, like any market transaction where a buyer tries to negotiate a cheaper price, only for whatever reason workers will simply accept that offer and then bitch about the fact that employers didn’t offer more. You realize your labor is a service you’re selling to a buyer (an employer) the way any other service is, correct? If workers continue to just accept the lower offers from employers then what the fuck do you think is going to happen? Workers have the advantage right now and i guarantee you they won’t come out on top because they have no fucking idea how to negotiate. It’s always someone else’s fault.

For a long time, the employer had all the cards. Workers might be slow to realize that they have some power now.

What we need to do, is maintain the squeeze on the labor market.

Give people some time. They will catch on.

Business believes we do. They aren't happy that their previous agreements are coming back to bite them now though.

I dont' think business believe that. I think that they know that they are looking out for themselves while fucking their fellow Americans, and they tell themselves that that is ok, for various bullshit reasons.

Big difference between truly believing something, and rationalizing behavior that you know it shitty, for shitty reasons.

And everyone else, knows it is not mutual beneficial trade, no matter what the bullshitters say.

Wages have been going up for a while, they are always the last to catch up and the first to end. It is just the way things are.

Big difference between truly believing something, and rationalizing behavior that you know it shitty, for shitty reasons.

And everyone else, knows it is not mutual beneficial trade, no matter what the bullshitters say.

You know deep down inside it has benefited the country as a whole. While a few might get left behind, that is unavoidable.

People at that end of the equation are not organized or able to miss even one check.
Fucking ridiculous. People organize themselves into hundreds of thousands, even millions of people, over the stupidest most meaningless shit ever but they can’t organize themselves to demand higher wages from their employers? Give me a fucking break it’s just another excuse for people to blame someone else for their problems.

Wages have been going up for a while, they are always the last to catch up and the first to end. It is just the way things are.
I’m just glad to see you admit that wages are rising. I know that correlation doesn’t always equal causation but rising wages after a recent big tax cut sounds pretty damn delicious to me.

Anyone that does not let their politics think for them, knows it is true.

The signs are unmistakable, I have given them to you a dozen times.

LOL!!!!

Why do you not want higher wages for American workers?

cnm had admitted that his reasons is that he hates the Americans he think would benefit the most, ie working class whites.

That is the only string you have left, and you are holding onto it for dear life

Too bad for you wages are up...

Workers at the lower end of the pay scale finally are getting the most benefit from rising wages

US workers see wage increase in the third quarter - CNN

Wages rising: The US economy is now working best for lower-wage workers - AEI

I’m just glad to see you admit that wages are rising. I know that correlation doesn’t always equal causation but rising wages after a recent big tax cut sounds pretty damn delicious to me.

Wages go up when there is a shortage of labor and companies have to fight for those with the skills they need.

I've stated my thoughts.......if Trump ever does that I will support it.

How will you know, if he is doing it? What metric will you look for? Rising wages?

Concentrating on the businesses as opposed to the country. It's easy. Huge taxes on overseas profits.

So, it has to be process with you? No amount of rising wages will convince you that he might be onto something?

Fucking ridiculous. People organize themselves into hundreds of thousands, even millions of people, over the stupidest most meaningless shit ever but they can’t organize themselves to demand higher wages from their employers? Give me a fucking break it’s just another excuse for people to blame someone else for their problems.

Nope, they cannot. Now that Unions have lost their power, it is every man for himself.

People organize themselves into hundreds of thousands, even millions of people for a day or a weekend, not for the long term. in the long term Person A is going to give in because they have a family to feed and 2 bucks an hour less is better than no bucks an hour.

Wages go up when there is a shortage of labor and companies have to fight for those with the skills they need.
Of course they do. Prices on anything go up when there’s a shortage of it. But these rising wages, as modest as they are, are basically just the bare minimum of a growing economy. Lower income workers have a huge opportunity right now but they’re going to ruin it because they’re too stupid not to. Their stupidity is more often than not the very reason why they’re grown adults and still in the lower income bracket.

Business only cares that it benefits them and for them that makes it mutually beneficial.

Nope, they cannot. Now that Unions have lost their power, it is every man for himself.

People organize themselves into hundreds of thousands, even millions of people for a day or a weekend, not for the long term. in the long term Person A is going to give in because they have a family to feed and 2 bucks an hour less is better than no bucks an hour.
Maybe during a labor surplus that makes more sense. But we’re talking about a labor deficit right now, where workers have a chance to average up their salaries. But they won’t. Because negotiation takes skill and it’s something people need to learn how to do but they’d rather not be bothered.

It's difficult to strike when you are easily replaced.

You know deep down inside it has benefited the country as a whole. While a few might get left behind, that is unavoidable.

I live in the Rust Belt. I remember the arguments made in favor of Free Trade.

The results were not what we were promised.

The jobs were supposed to come back, or be replaced. Wages would supposed to resume their climb.

The macro economic numbers have hidden just how large those "few left behind" are, and the damage to American workers, families and communities.

It is time to have policy to serve THEIR interests for a change.

America was never just about the GNP and shareholders.

Forum List

Back