Trump's unemployment rate drops to lowest in 50 years !

There are jobs out there, but you can't make bums work as long as you keep enabling them.
Who wants to work when you can get on the city rolls and smoke cigarettes and pal around with your other buddies all day with a nice safety net to fall back on?

There are jobs out there, but you can't make bums work as long as you keep enabling them.
Who wants to work when you can get on the city rolls and smoke cigarettes and pal around with your other buddies all day
with a nice safety net to fall back on?

As long as liberal enablers are out there, these people will never have any motivation to change.

Funny thing, developing and running your own business is not "working?" So no self-employed folks "work?"

Sure we do. I'm one of them myself.

I don't follow.
You said Trump has never had a job. Has never worked. Just because he has never had a boss, it's not a real job? I am the one that does not follow.

Yes, that's correct. That's why I said "meet somebody else's expectations". All of us (well most of us) have had the familiar experience of looking for employment, finding a lead, putting on our best face and carrying our best résumé, interviewing with somebody who wants to know why he/she should hire us, not knowing if we'd pass muster and if we did, knowing that that employer would be giving us orders whether we liked the orders or not, and that if we didn't follow them somebody else could and would replace us.

Rump never had any of that. Daddy handed him umpteen million bucks and told him he was the king and could "do anything". Obviously Rump got that message. Pushing money around that Daddy handed you doesn't count as meeting somebody else's expectations just because it involves money. Military service would do the same thing, meeting some superior's expectations. Even a baseball player has to follow the manager's orders.

I work freelance (self-employment). I still have to meet the parameters of that assignment. If I don't, somebody else can and will replace me. Meeting somebody else's expectations.

Rump has never met anyone's expectations but his own self-infatuated fantasies.
And yet unemployment is at 49 year lows, Trump's run up less debt over his presidency than Obama did on his exit and economic optimism is the highest that CNN has ever recorded.

Wasn't aware that CNN was the entity recording economic optimism, but we were just noting yesterday in another thread that the silver lining in Rump may be that he's so busy gazing at himself in the mirror that he forgets to start a war like a real Merkin president. Besides which, that would take the attention off Numero Uno and we can't have THAT. :eek:
I couldn't care less why he doesn't start wars and is doing so well on the economy. I care that he has started no wars and is doing a great job with the US Economy!

Last edited:

I don't follow.
You said Trump has never had a job. Has never worked. Just because he has never had a boss, it's not a real job? I am the one that does not follow.

Yes, that's correct. That's why I said "meet somebody else's expectations". All of us (well most of us) have had the familiar experience of looking for employment, finding a lead, putting on our best face and carrying our best résumé, interviewing with somebody who wants to know why he/she should hire us, not knowing if we'd pass muster and if we did, knowing that that employer would be giving us orders whether we liked the orders or not, and that if we didn't follow them somebody else could and would replace us.

Rump never had any of that. Daddy handed him umpteen million bucks and told him he was the king and could "do anything". Obviously Rump got that message. Pushing money around that Daddy handed you doesn't count as meeting somebody else's expectations just because it involves money. Military service would do the same thing, meeting some superior's expectations. Even a baseball player has to follow the manager's orders.

I work freelance (self-employment). I still have to meet the parameters of that assignment. If I don't, somebody else can and will replace me. Meeting somebody else's expectations.

And yet unemployment is at 49 year lows, Trump's run up less debt over his presidency than Obama did on his exit and economic optimism is the highest that CNN has ever recorded.

Wasn't aware that CNN was the entity recording economic optimism, but we were just noting yesterday in another thread that the silver lining in Rump may be that he's so busy gazing at himself in the mirror that he forgets to start a war like a real Merkin president. Besides which, that would take the attention off Numero Uno and we can't have THAT. :eek:
I could care less why he doesn't start wars and is doing so well on the economy. I care that he has started no wars and is doing a great job with the US Economy!

Yuh huh.

What has he "done"?

Shall we presume that when you say you "could care less" you mean the opposite?

As long as liberal enablers are out there, these people will never have any motivation to change.
Leftists would rather see an ocean of cardboard boxes and shopping carts fill their city streets than do anything about this epidemic. We are more like Calcutta or the favellas of Brazil in Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro than leftists will admit.
Liberalism becomes dystopic when it is unchecked.

I could care less why he doesn't start wars and is doing so well on the economy. I care that he has started no wars and is doing a great job with the US Economy!

Yuh huh.

What has he "done"?...
Not started any wars and freed the American People to pursue Economic Greatness.

Yuh huh.

What has he "done"?...
Not started any wars and freed the American People to pursue Economic Greatness.

Can you uh, be more specific?

Actually, since he previously had never held a job in his life, Rump's unemployment rate went from zero to 100 in January two years ago.

It's always astounded me that anyone would vote a sponge who's never had a job or any kind of position of responsibility in his life at all, into the most responsible job in the world.

Yeah like Obama.

Mmmmmm nnnnno, don't think being a Senator, a state senator before that, and a lawyer count as never having held a job or position of responsibility, not to mention a stable marriage and family.

Matter of fact I can't think of a single POTUS ever, in any century, that didn't previously have a job, a position, a military stint, SOME damn thing where they had to meet somebody else's expectations. Until now.
Funny thing, developing and running your own business is not "working?" So no self-employed folks "work?"

I don't follow.
Now how the fuck would Pogo now what a "real job" is?

Trump's job creation is average at best. Maybe below average.

Is this so-so job creation worth the 1.5 trillion Trump borrowed to get it?

263,000 jobs added in April ! :5_1_12024:

U.S. Added 263,000 Jobs in April; Unemployment Rate at 3.6%

U.S. Added 263,000 Jobs in April; Unemployment Rate at 3.6%
The economy produced another strong month of growth, and the jobless rate fell to the lowest level of the recovery.

Another person who obviously has NO IDEA what the numbers mean. But don’t feel bad, most of the MSM apparently doesn’t either.

The unemployment rate dropped ONLY because a WHOPPING 490,000 people left the labor force.

There were - according to the Household survey (which the unemployment rate is based on) - actually 103,000 LESS people employed in April.

And average weekly earnings dropped.

Employment Situation Summary Table A. Household data, seasonally adjusted
Employment Situation Summary Table B. Establishment data, seasonally adjusted

When will the masses learn that the 263,000 number is from a TOTALLY DIFFERENT SURVEY (the Establishment survey) THAN THE UNEMPLOYMENT NUMBER IS FROM.
Plus, this ‘establishment survey’ is ridiculously skewed by their ‘Birth Death model’.
CES Net Birth/Death Model

April was actually a lousy month for employment in America.

Always look past the headlines.
Yeah. OK.

Yuh huh.

What has he "done"?...

He has not started any wars and he has freed the American People to pursue Economic Greatness.

What would you like more specifics on?

An economic renaissance under Trump....and the democrats are still neck deep in their illegal jihad to remove the president from office.
It really puts them in perspective, doesn't it.
Where did all the homeless people come from, if things are so great? They can't afford to pay rent?

Living in a tent or a cardboard box and being forced to poop on the street is NOT enabling anyone I know.

No one forces those folks to do that. That’s the life they choose.

Yeah like Obama.

Mmmmmm nnnnno, don't think being a Senator, a state senator before that, and a lawyer count as never having held a job or position of responsibility, not to mention a stable marriage and family.

Matter of fact I can't think of a single POTUS ever, in any century, that didn't previously have a job, a position, a military stint, SOME damn thing where they had to meet somebody else's expectations. Until now.

I don't follow.

I’m to busy to worry how someone else’s daddy did what for them. That’s likely why I’m a pretty happy person. Don’t know.

Actually, since he previously had never held a job in his life, Rump's unemployment rate went from zero to 100 in January two years ago.

It's always astounded me that anyone would vote a sponge who's never had a job or any kind of position of responsibility in his life at all, into the most responsible job in the world.

Yeah like Obama.

Yuh huh.

What has he "done"?...

He has not started any wars and he has freed the American People to pursue Economic Greatness.

You gonna keep stalling all day on this question?

Because I have things to do. Why don't you go ahead and post your next half-dozen stalls and I'll catch up later.

Yeah like Obama.

Who had been a state and federal senator and holds a degree in Constitutional law. Yea like Pres Obama. Smfh.

Yuh huh.

What has he "done"?...

You gonna keep stalling all day on this question?

Because I have things to do. Why don't you go ahead and post your next half-dozen stalls and I'll catch up later.
If you can't formulate a specific question, I have no further obligation.

Forum List

Back