Trump's Wall And Eminent Domain...

Oh good grief, eminent domain happens all the time and if anyone thought it wouldn't be used to build the wall they're being silly

Well no, most probably didn't realize the Government was gonna seize Citizens' lands to build it. I don't think the issue was properly fleshed out during the Campaign. If it was, i think many would have reconsidered support.

I'll say it again....I lived near the border and I hunted on ranches on the border. Trust me the majority of the ranchers want a wall or some form of border protection.

I would personally rather put troops on the border but,that would probably be more disruptive to the ranchers than a wall would be.

I think it's clear to everyone that the OP is a lying leftist that likes t
Are they being given a choice? Doesn't look like it. Trump needs to come up with other options in these areas. Otherwise, i can't support the Wall anymore.

Do you drive on our interstates?

Trump is not a conservative and has a history with eminent domain. OF course people will object to takings.

Report: Texans on Mexico border receive letters threatening eminent domain for Trump's wall

It's legal though.

Yeah, i'm pretty shocked so many Republicans support this. I mean i supported Trump, but i can't support this.
You are full of shit. Back up you claim.

I supported Trump and the Wall. But i won't support forcing Citizens to give up their thelands to build it. In those areas where Citizens don't wanna give up their lands, other options will have to be considered.
Bullshit. You claimed border ranchers were against the wall. You refuse to post the source of this information. You are a fraud.

Oh good grief, eminent domain happens all the time and if anyone thought it wouldn't be used to build the wall they're being silly

Well no, most probably didn't realize the Government was gonna seize Citizens' lands to build it. I don't think the issue was properly fleshed out during the Campaign. If it was, i think many would have reconsidered support.

What did you think they were going to build a wall on, thin air?

Find one Texas rancher on the Mexican border who voted DEM.
These ranchers have already made deals with the Gov. to lease the land.
They are getting a lot more in lease fees than they get from grazing a few head of cattle on the narrow strips of land involved.
Everyone is happy with the deals except the mexican cartels and the DEM party who are watching tens of thousands of illegals, who they assumed are one day going to vote DEM now being kept out of the US.
Maybe the DEMs should be going back to the negro 'well' again.

Did they have a choice? So no, 'Everyone' is definitely not happy. Many don't want to give up their lands for the Wall. They're shocked and angry that it's gonna be done by force.
Who exactly is upset? You obviously have a link to a story. Go ahead and post it. Curious about all the Texans on the border that are pro illegal immigration.

Since when did people react happily to the government taking their land? When Trump is the one doing it?

Does seem to be the Republican mentality on this one. I'm actually pretty shocked.

Find one Texas rancher on the Mexican border who voted DEM.
These ranchers have already made deals with the Gov. to lease the land.
They are getting a lot more in lease fees than they get from grazing a few head of cattle on the narrow strips of land involved.
Everyone is happy with the deals except the mexican cartels and the DEM party who are watching tens of thousands of illegals, who they assumed are one day going to vote DEM now being kept out of the US.
Maybe the DEMs should be going back to the negro 'well' again.

Did they have a choice? So no, 'Everyone' is definitely not happy. Many don't want to give up their lands for the Wall. They're shocked and angry that it's gonna be done by force.
Who exactly is upset? You obviously have a link to a story. Go ahead and post it. Curious about all the Texans on the border that are pro illegal immigration.

Since when did people react happily to the government taking their land? When Trump is the one doing it?
You mean trumpbots may not be conservatives?

Trump is not a conservative and has a history with eminent domain. OF course people will object to takings.

Report: Texans on Mexico border receive letters threatening eminent domain for Trump's wall

It's legal though.

Yeah, i'm pretty shocked so many Republicans support this. I mean i supported Trump, but i can't support this.

I supported Trump and the Wall. But i won't support forcing Citizens to give up their thelands to build it. In those areas where Citizens don't wanna give up their lands, other options will have to be considered.
Bullshit. You claimed border ranchers were against the wall. You refuse to post the source of this information. You are a fraud.

Some don't support the Wall if it means seeing their lands seized by the Government. What are you not getting about that? And what if it were your lands being seized?

As a Texan who's lived near the border,I can tell you with complete confidence that the vast majority want the wall or some kind of protection against the invaders.
They cut their fences releasing cattle,break into their houses and leave garbage everywhere.

I want better border security too. But is seizing Citizens' lands really the answer? I can't support that.

As I've already stated...most will gladly give up a narrow stretch of property.

Are they being given a choice? Doesn't look like it. Trump needs to come up with other options in these areas. Otherwise, i can't support the Wall anymore.

Apples & Oranges. And even in that case, i still have serious problems with Eminent Domain.

The land for those freeways was acquired through eminent domain so it's definitely relevant.
So whats the difference?

I want better border security too. But is seizing Citizens' lands really the answer? I can't support that.

As I've already stated...most will gladly give up a narrow stretch of property.

Apples & Oranges. And even in that case, i still have serious problems with Eminent Domain.

The land for those freeways was acquired through eminent domain so it's definitely relevant.
So whats the difference?

The agenda....

I'll say it again....I lived near the border and I hunted on ranches on the border. Trust me the majority of the ranchers want a wall or some form of border protection.

I would personally rather put troops on the border but,that would probably be more disruptive to the ranchers than a wall would be.

I'm ok with doing what it takes to improve border security. But i draw the line at forcibly seizing Citizens' lands for a Wall. I won't support it.

Most Texans oppose Donald Trump's plan to build a border wall, new poll says | Politics | Dallas News

Texans polling Texans, and Texans dont give two shits what Trump's drones say or do.
Why post a poll that has nothing to with the claims made by the op regarding border ranchers fear of eminent domain? Guess you are trolling like usual.
There are 1200 plus miles of land that will need "taking." And you people doubt there will be objections from people who don't want their land taken, and that in the end the taking will cost a Yuuuuuuge pile of money we don't have and Mexico ain't paying.

And btw, if you google eminent domain trump wall you get bigly hits.

Looks like Trump is planning to seize Citizens' lands to get the Wall built. It's mainly gonna happen in Texas. But are Texans gonna just sit back and allow the Government to take their lands? I wouldn't bet on it. I'm a Trump supporter and fully support revamping and improving our Immigration System. Because i do feel the System is in ruins. It is time to move towards ending Illegal Immigration all-together.

But that being said, i can't support Eminent Domain. I can't support forcing Citizens to give up their lands for the Wall. There has to be other solutions for those areas. And honestly, I actually find Trump's beliefs on Eminent Domain to be pretty disturbing.

What are your thoughts?

Agreed. I support the wall and what President Trump is trying to accomplish. I do not support Eminent Domain. Build around.

I'm ok with doing what it takes to improve border security. But i draw the line at forcibly seizing Citizens' lands for a Wall. I won't support it.

It won't mean a lick if you don't support it.

Just build the damn thing

So you're okay with seizing land for freeways but not border security?

It's legal though.

Some don't support the Wall if it means seeing their lands seized by the Government. What are you not getting about that? And what if it were your lands being seized?
Are the building on your land? Who exactly is pissed? What don't you get, when asked to back up your claims?

What did you think they were going to build a wall on, thin air?

I really don't think most thought Eminent Domain was gonna be part of it. Now that more & more are realizing it will be, they're beginning to think it through a bit more.

you too?

I personally know a rancher who owns 26 sections of land thats not on the river but close. Build a wall between his fence and the 6 miles of highway frontage, and wear plenty of kevlar when you do.

Forum List

Back