Trump's Wall And Eminent Domain...

I'll say it again....I lived near the border and I hunted on ranches on the border. Trust me the majority of the ranchers want a wall or some form of border protection.

I would personally rather put troops on the border but,that would probably be more disruptive to the ranchers than a wall would be.

I'm ok with doing what it takes to improve border security. But i draw the line at forcibly seizing Citizens' lands for a Wall. I won't support it.

So you're okay with seizing land for freeways but not border security?

I didn't say i was ok with seizing land. I pointed out that you're comparing apples with oranges. I oppose Eminent Domain.

Oh good grief, eminent domain happens all the time and if anyone thought it wouldn't be used to build the wall they're being silly

Well no, most probably didn't realize the Government was gonna seize Citizens' lands to build it. I don't think the issue was properly fleshed out during the Campaign. If it was, i think many would have reconsidered support.

What did you think they were going to build a wall on, thin air?

I really don't think most thought Eminent Domain was gonna be part of it. Now that more & more are realizing it will be, they're beginning to think it through a bit more.

Are you really insinuating that these ranchers are so stupid they didn't understand that a wall would be on their property?

Oh good grief, eminent domain happens all the time and if anyone thought it wouldn't be used to build the wall they're being silly

Well no, most probably didn't realize the Government was gonna seize Citizens' lands to build it. I don't think the issue was properly fleshed out during the Campaign. If it was, i think many would have reconsidered support.

I really don't think most thought Eminent Domain was gonna be part of it. Now that more & more are realizing it will be, they're beginning to think it through a bit more.

How the hell did you think they were going to acquire the land?

You don't give two shits about eminent domain, you're just pushing the agenda. Freaking loons think themselves clever....they're not

Looks like Trump is planning to seize Citizens' lands to get the Wall built. It's mainly gonna happen in Texas. But are Texans gonna just sit back and allow the Government to take their lands? I wouldn't bet on it. I'm a Trump supporter and fully support revamping and improving our Immigration System. Because i do feel the System is in ruins. It is time to move towards ending Illegal Immigration all-together.

But that being said, i can't support Eminent Domain. I can't support forcing Citizens to give up their lands for the Wall. There has to be other solutions for those areas. And honestly, I actually find Trump's beliefs on Eminent Domain to be pretty disturbing.

What are your thoughts?

Agreed. I support the wall and what President Trump is trying to accomplish. I do not support Eminent Domain. Build around.

Well said. Thanks.

5D6F2DD5-155D-451F-672A2F5BFDFEE051-large.jpg

Value of riverfront property in Texas is priceless, value of wall front property is next to worthless.

Ranchers want a wall my ass.

I think it's clear to everyone that the OP is a lying leftist that likes t
Yeah, i'm pretty shocked so many Republicans support this. I mean i supported Trump, but i can't support this.
You are full of shit. Back up you claim.

I supported Trump and the Wall. But i won't support forcing Citizens to give up their thelands to build it. In those areas where Citizens don't wanna give up their lands, other options will have to be considered.
Bullshit. You claimed border ranchers were against the wall. You refuse to post the source of this information. You are a fraud.

Some don't support the Wall if it means seeing their lands seized by the Government. What are you not getting about that? And what if it were your lands being seized?
Are the building on your land? Who exactly is pissed? What don't you get, when asked to back up your claims?

Do you really believe no one's upset about the Government forcibly seizing their lands? Boy, that just sounds delusional. Many will fight the Government on this.

Those that live along the border have their livestock killed, their dogs killed, water lines cut, fences cut. They live with break ins and thefts. Many set up watch shifts during the night.

They have asked for protection for years and been ignored. They aren't being ignored any more.

Most Texans oppose Donald Trump's plan to build a border wall, new poll says | Politics | Dallas News

Texans polling Texans, and Texans dont give two shits what Trump's drones say or do.
Why post a poll that has nothing to with the claims made by the op regarding border ranchers fear of eminent domain? Guess you are trolling like usual.
There are 1200 plus miles of land that will need "taking." And you people doubt there will be objections from people who don't want their land taken, and that in the end the taking will cost a Yuuuuuuge pile of money we don't have and Mexico ain't paying.

And btw, if you google eminent domain trump wall you get bigly hits.
You can't just make crap up and pretend it's true. The OP claimed the border ranchers are against the wall. Instead of following his bullshit lead, post the link about all the pissed ranchers.

Those that live along the border have their livestock killed, their dogs killed, water lines cut, fences cut. They live with break ins and thefts. Many set up watch shifts during the night.

They have asked for protection for years and been ignored. They aren't being ignored any more.

you're full of shit.

I'll say it again....I lived near the border and I hunted on ranches on the border. Trust me the majority of the ranchers want a wall or some form of border protection.

I would personally rather put troops on the border but,that would probably be more disruptive to the ranchers than a wall would be.

you too?

I personally know a rancher who owns 26 sections of land thats not on the river but close. Build a wall between his fence and the 6 miles of highway frontage, and wear plenty of kevlar when you do.

Thats a huge hunk of land right there!!!! Over 16'000 acres!!!
The guy that lived across the Llano river from me had 10'000 acres and four miles of riverfront.....Jealous as hell!!

I think it's clear to everyone that the OP is a lying leftist that likes t
You are full of shit. Back up you claim.

I supported Trump and the Wall. But i won't support forcing Citizens to give up their thelands to build it. In those areas where Citizens don't wanna give up their lands, other options will have to be considered.
Bullshit. You claimed border ranchers were against the wall. You refuse to post the source of this information. You are a fraud.

Some don't support the Wall if it means seeing their lands seized by the Government. What are you not getting about that? And what if it were your lands being seized?
Are the building on your land? Who exactly is pissed? What don't you get, when asked to back up your claims?

Do you really believe no one's upset about the Government forcibly seizing their lands? Boy, that just sounds delusional. Many will fight the Government on this.
Where did you get the info to back up your claims regarding the ranchers? Stop making up crap and post your source.

Are you really insinuating that these ranchers are so stupid they didn't understand that a wall would be on their property?
The op is a fraud and a liar.

You don't give two shits about eminent domain, you're just pushing the agenda. Freaking loons think themselves clever....they're not

I supported Trump and the Wall. But i won't support forcibly seizing Citizens' lands to build it. That's how i feel.

I supported Trump and the Wall. But i won't support forcibly seizing Citizens' lands to build it. That's how i feel.

You're just pushing an agenda and I don't believe for one moment you ever supported the wall....or Trump. I've read your comments

Where did you get the info to back up your claims regarding the ranchers? Stop making up crap and post your source.

Again, many are gonna fight the Government on this. You'll have your 'proof' when all the court cases begin. The Wall's a long long way off from becoming a reality.

Total hogwash.

Why is that so hard for you to believe? What if it was your land the Government was seizing?

I'm ok with doing what it takes to improve border security. But i draw the line at forcibly seizing Citizens' lands for a Wall. I won't support it.

So you're okay with seizing land for freeways but not border security?

I didn't say i was ok with seizing land. I pointed out that you're comparing apples with oranges. I oppose Eminent Domain.

So you're on record for opposing all new freeway construction?

JFC, this story has been covered by natl review and the wall st j. It's like what do you guys do. Listen to radio? roflmao. One of the earliest conservative gripes on Trump was he has abused ED his entire biz life, and this is just par for the course (-:

Too funny. Interesting thread though.

Forum List

Back