Truth Social Accused of Stiffing Internet Hosting Firm Out of $1.6 Million

How could anyone be surprised by this. Trump has always screwed his suppliers, workers, investors, even college students.

Trump is a cheesy grifter. That's how he'll be remembered.

Donald Trump’s Truth Social is in a battle with RightForge over $1.6 million the conservative internet-hosting vendor says it’s owed, according to a Fox Business report Thursday.

Three sources told Fox Business that Truth Social stopped making payments in March, just a month after launching in February. According to these sources, RightForge is threatening legal action over the money owed for setting up Truth Social’s infrastructure.

When will people learn that he never pays his bills?

Trump doesn't pay people who dont finish the job. Truth Social is a S/ware disaster. It's terrible navigation and organization and doesn't play well on mobile.

But -- the whole story IS -- they haven't made money either. Same boat as Twitter actually. Except that the ad revenue model is even HARDER for a "right wing" public forum.

Trump doesn't pay people who dont finish the job. Truth Social is a S/ware disaster. It's terrible navigation and organization and doesn't play well on mobile.

But -- the whole story IS -- they haven't made money either. Same boat as Twitter actually. Except that the ad revenue model is even HARDER for a "right wing" public forum.

What? Are you defending Trump for not paying a bill that he owes? Sorry, but that dog won't hunt. If you contract a business to do a job for you, or you buy something from a company that turns out to be crap, you STILL have to pay them. The only thing you can do is pay them (they are owed the money), and then if the service was dissatisfactory, or the product didn't live up to the advertisement, you can ask for a refund (the vendor can refuse btw), or you can sue to get your money back, but you STILL have to pay for services rendered. And it's not Truth Social that is owed money, it is RightForge that is owed the money.

Donald Trump’s Truth Social is in a battle with RightForge over $1.6 million the conservative internet-hosting vendor says it’s owed, according to a Fox Business report Thursday.

Three sources told Fox Business that Truth Social stopped making payments in March, just a month after launching in February. According to these sources, RightForge is threatening legal action over the money owed for setting up Truth Social’s infrastructure.

When will people learn that he never pays his bills?

You are correct, it does not matter if it is true, you all will still worship him no matter what.

You are who he was talking about when he said he could shoot someone on 5th ave and his voters would still vote for him

And even FoxNews is on it...yall are fucked! :banana: :banana:

Every president this century has made that promise and they all have done everything in their power to further the divide.
Hahaha…poor Golfing Gator and Mac1958 are still seeking credit mentors while all good legit real Americans just want their capable real leader back.

f you contract a business to do a job for you, or you buy something from a company that turns out to be crap, you STILL have to pay them.

You're confused. You talk as if this was a "product" purchase with suggestions of "refunds" or "not up to the advertising". It was not. It was a GROUND up -- start from ZERO design CONTRACT.

There are benchmarks and performance goals ALL OVER contracts like those. I wrote them and I PERFORMED by those contracts in 35 years of engineering/scientific consulting.

We dont KNOW if the contract was "fixed price" or "not to exceed". It just MIGHT BE that the company RAN OVER the amount allocated and just turned over crap. In WHICH CASE -- payments SHOULD be withheld. Whenever I bid a fixed price contract -- I HONORED any over-runs and finished the job. But it cost the customer MORE up front.

From the details I hear -- the company is SUING TRUMP for breach of contract. THAT could be because the company DEFERRED some fraction of the contract COST to acquire an "on-going interest" in Truth Social income. So -- suddenly the company has no excess income to pay out.

In which case -- you'd need the CONTRACT to determine if these "acquired interest" payments were guaranteed or not. Or whether the company TOOK A RISK in getting some reimbursement in terms of off-setting their billings for something structured as "licensing fees" or royalties.

Media reporting on this SUCKS. But it's NOT a "product sale". It's a DEVELOPMENT from SCRATCH contract and you are WAY OVERSIMPLIFYING this comparing to a plumbing or electrical job or buying something "off the shelf".

Of course the ad revenue model is HARDER for a "right wing" public forum. They are all too busy trying to SCREW each other. That's what happens when crooks go into business togeather.

Truth Social is up and running, thus they need to pay for the web servers it is on.

not having made any money yet is no excuse not to pay your bills.

You're confused. You talk as if this was a "product" purchase with suggestions of "refunds" or "not up to the advertising". It was not. It was a GROUND up -- start from ZERO design CONTRACT.

There are benchmarks and performance goals ALL OVER contracts like those. I wrote them and I PERFORMED by those contracts in 35 years of engineering/scientific consulting.

We dont KNOW if the contract was "fixed price" or "not to exceed". It just MIGHT BE that the company RAN OVER the amount allocated and just turned over crap. In WHICH CASE -- payments SHOULD be withheld. Whenever I bid a fixed price contract -- I HONORED any over-runs and finished the job. But it cost the customer MORE up front.

From the details I hear -- the company is SUING TRUMP for breach of contract. THAT could be because the company DEFERRED some fraction of the contract COST to acquire an "on-going interest" in Truth Social income. So -- suddenly the company has no excess income to pay out.

In which case -- you'd need the CONTRACT to determine if these "acquired interest" payments were guaranteed or not. Or whether the company TOOK A RISK in getting some reimbursement in terms of off-setting their billings for something structured as "licensing fees" or royalties.

Media reporting on this SUCKS. But it's NOT a "product sale". It's a DEVELOPMENT from SCRATCH contract and you are WAY OVERSIMPLIFYING this comparing to a plumbing or electrical job or buying something "off the shelf".

This is not about the company that did the software, this is the hosting company that has been stiffed. If you contract out for a ballroom for a party and the party ends up being shitty you still have to pay for the ballroom.

The mental gymnastics you people go through to defend this man is just insane some days.

And even FoxNews is on it...yall are fucked! :banana: :banana:

Yes, this is a bombshell. The walls are closing in. This time it's the real deal. Trump can't recover from this one. Etc.
It must be since you people keep voting for them.
Only Trump. He united people who think the American president should work for America. The other politicians, Republican or Democrat, thrive on the partisan division. Trump like to raise funds as a measure of his own popularity, not because he needs the money. The corporate donor class has never owned him, which is one of several reasons their media has spent seven years obsessively trying to bring him down.

Yes, this is a bombshell. The walls are closing in. This time it's the real deal. Trump can't recover from this one. Etc.

Did I say it was a bombshell?

Did I say anything of the sort?

It really just pisses you off to have anyone say anything negative about your god.

Well, sucks to be you.

Only Trump. He united people who think the American president should work for America. The other politicians, Republican or Democrat, thrive on the partisan division. Trump like to raise funds as a measure of his own popularity, not because he needs the money. The corporate donor class has never owned him, which is one of several reasons their media has spent seven years obsessively trying to bring him down.

And come Nov you will vote strict party line like you always do.

Question. If the Hosting Facility shuts down Truth website and services for nonpayment of bills. Is that a result of a grand conspiracy of the Left trying to silence Trump? Or is it the normal business practice in the real world where people expect payment for services rendered?

Did I say it was a bombshell?

Did I say anything of the sort?

It really just pisses you off to have anyone say anything negative about your god.

Well, sucks to be you.
I must have misinterpreted your happy banana dance, and the words "y'all are fucked." Jesus, Golfing . . . how long do your periods last, anyway?

I must have misinterpreted your happy banana dance, and the words "y'all are fucked." Jesus, Golfing . . . how long do your periods last, anyway?

Sarcasm takes a certain level of intellect to grasp.

Sorry that you are just shit out of luck on this.

They got him.
No, they really got him now!

TBH, I bet "Truth Social" crashes and burns because it poorly implemented and only available

for Apple users. As to the poorly implemented, somebody took Trump's money. $1.6 million for

3 months of web hosting? Were they supposed to be implementing the network, too?

3 months of web hosting used to be $60. The servers should have been privately owned, too.

IMO, somebody took advantage of Trump's ignorance of how things work on the internet.

I still have friends that run their own servers and have their own domains.

Forum List

Back