Trying to beat todays forcasted heat and tomorrow's rain.

View attachment 504684

I'm pretty much screwed lol

How did you learn to do so much?

I try. read, watch Youtube. But still fuck things up.

Never goes easy.
Nature of the beast when you create and work with your hands, but the satisfaction is priceless.

Agreed. And you learn by mistakes and trying. And then you build a skill set, experience (confidence), tools, and material stockpile.

Youtube is awesome. To see somebody else do it.

View attachment 504684

I'm pretty much screwed lol

How did you learn to do so much?

I try. read, watch Youtube. But still fuck things up.

Never goes easy.
Nature of the beast when you create and work with your hands, but the satisfaction is priceless.

Agreed. And you learn by mistakes and trying. And then you build a skill set, experience (confidence), tools, and material stockpile.

Youtube is awesome. To see somebody else do it.
I'm a youtube certified auto mechanic lol. Has saved me thousands over the years!

All he does is take pictures he hires people to actually do the work.

He aint putting that mortar down, unless he has green hair.
My daughter

That is a great way to learn working with an experienced person who is willing to take time to teach you.

And when you are doing it at your place for yourself you do it right. Sweat the details. The best way to learn.

Better than for a customer where there is an element of minimization and what you can get away with.

My daughter

That is a great way to learn working with an experienced person who is willing to take time to teach you.

And when you are doing it at your place for yourself you do it right. Sweat the details. The best way to learn.

Better than for a customer where there is an element of minimization and what you can get away with.
Most customers have no idea how it is done properly..

The only thing I like about the new tile is it is bigger and therefore faster to lay in large open areas..I loved doing commercial tile laying, you could slap down and make a lot of dough, I hated doing bathrooms and homes, but they use more tile now than they did twenty-thirty years ago.

The only thing I like about the new tile is it is bigger and therefore faster to lay in large open areas..I loved doing commercial tile laying, you could slap down and make a lot of dough, I hated doing bathrooms and homes, but they use more tile now than they did twenty-thirty years ago.
I make on average between 7 & 10k profit per bathroom. Much prefer them over anything else. Commercial is easy money but dealing with other sloppy contractors drove me out of it.

My daughter

Awesome, that woman will know more about home remodeling than most men.
Yup, she already knows all the basics of framing, plumbing & electrical. Sadly everytime I ask for help on the vehicles she's mysteriously busy lol

be greatful your in the shade and not out in the middle of an open area,,
20210623_142009.jpg

100% shade but 20 mph wind blowing shit in my mortar every 30 seconds lol

Forum List

Back