Tulsi Gabbard Votes 'Present' on Trump Impeachment, Slams 'Purely Partisan Process'

Based on internet posters including those on this forum there are a lot of middle-of-the-road fence sitters who need a national leader

tulsi could fill that role
Tulsi Whatsherface is way too liberal for me. She nowhere near the middle of the road.

She's a younger version of Bernie Sanders/Elizabeth Warren.

She is running on the same platform Obama initially ran on. The only difference is she doesn't appear to be lying.
Actually, not even Obama ran on reparations. He rejected the idea. And he was one of the most liberal politicians in Congress.

That's how far left Tulsi is.

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D–Hawaii), a candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination, voted "present" on the two articles of impeachment against President Trump on Wednesday. This made her virtually the only the Democrat to effectively vote against sending the president's removal to the Senate.

"I come before you to make a stand for the center," said Gabbard in a statement.

Continued - Tulsi Gabbard Votes 'Present' on Trump Impeachment, Slams 'Purely Partisan Process'

Anyway. Nice to see independent thought versus just towing party lines and acting on emotion alone.

Could be a thread about this already, but I didn't see one. Apologies in advance if that's the case. I dislike a cluttered board as much as the next feller.

Seems like a cowardly move to me. She is being paid to take a stand, not sit on the sidelines and watch. The people of the state that elected her were not heard. No reason to think she could speak for the people and best interests of the United States of America. She's probably out at the end of her term.
she took a stand. not taking a stand is saying YES to something you don't believe in.

Taking a stand would have been voting YES or NO

Voting "present" is by definition NOT "taking a stand".

Obama voted "present" quite a bit.

Obama’s Vote in Illinois Was Often Just ‘Present’

Uh-huh... :yourpointsmile:

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D–Hawaii), a candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination, voted "present" on the two articles of impeachment against President Trump on Wednesday. This made her virtually the only the Democrat to effectively vote against sending the president's removal to the Senate.

"I come before you to make a stand for the center," said Gabbard in a statement.

Continued - Tulsi Gabbard Votes 'Present' on Trump Impeachment, Slams 'Purely Partisan Process'

Anyway. Nice to see independent thought versus just towing party lines and acting on emotion alone.

Could be a thread about this already, but I didn't see one. Apologies in advance if that's the case. I dislike a cluttered board as much as the next feller.

Interesting.

Seems like a cowardly move to me. She is being paid to take a stand, not sit on the sidelines and watch. The people of the state that elected her were not heard. No reason to think she could speak for the people and best interests of the United States of America. She's probably out at the end of her term.
she took a stand. not taking a stand is saying YES to something you don't believe in.

bagging on her is the cowardly move, son.

Opinions vary, Ice. I don't mind. So, your does not matter.

Based on internet posters including those on this forum there are a lot of middle-of-the-road fence sitters who need a national leader

Tulsi Whatsherface is way too liberal for me. She nowhere near the middle of the road.

She is running on the same platform Obama initially ran on. The only difference is she doesn't appear to be lying.
My initial impression is that she would be a better president than any other female libs we have seen so far

but the lib wackos are in control of the primary process and she could never get the dem nomination

What "stand" did she take? Looks to me like she just ducked the question since, if as she claims that she believes this was a "purely partisan process", she should have voted NO.

A potted plant can vote present, too.

Actually, not even Obama ran on reparations. He rejected the idea. And he was one of the most liberal politicians in Congress.

She said she support H.R. 40 as did every other candidate.

My initial impression is that she would be a better president than any other female libs we have seen so far

but the lib wackos are in control of the primary process and she could never get the dem nomination

There are very very few liberals in control of anything.

Yes, gabbert is a sellout on reparations so thats a no-go for me

but I’m a conservative repub and the Tweeners may see it differently

So your opinion is mostly irrelevant.

So your opinion is mostly irrelevant.
True

the final decision rests with Tweeners not me

No. Beto didn't sign on as a co-sponsor. A few no-name presidential candidates in the House did. Swalwell and Sestak and Ryan.

You won't get an argument from me that the Democratic party and Tulsi are very liberal. :lol:

No. Beto didn't sign on as a co-sponsor. A few no-name presidential candidates in the House did. Swalwell and Sestak and Ryan.

You won't get an argument from me that the Democratic party and Tulsi are very liberal. :lol:

Nor did I say he did so why the dishonest reply?

He said that if elected and it passed, he would sign it.

I would think her desire for an "assault weapons" ban, universal health care, and a "green economy" would be bigger no-go's.

It takes more guts to co-sponsor an actual bill. Not to roger up on some hypothetical.

He declined to co-sponsor the reparations bill.

It takes more guts to co-sponsor an actual bill. Not to roger up on some hypothetical.

He declined to co-sponsor the reparations bill.

Argue that but don't reply in a dishonest manner.

I would think her desire for an "assault weapons" ban, universal health care, and a "green economy" would be bigger no-go's.
You have to think like a Tweener

many libs like that stuff but dont like democrats

You have to think like a Tweener

many libs like that stuff but dont like democrats
The point I am making is that I have seen a lot of rabid Trump supporters offer their high opinion of Tulsi, and this confirms what I have long known about them.

Taking a stand would have been voting YES or NO

Voting "present" is by definition NOT "taking a stand".
I think it still sends a message that needs to be sent.

Forum List

Back