Turkish Airlines Bans Air Hostesses From Wearing Red Lipstick and Nail Polish

Another blow for freedom and choice.

The airline is an employer, there is no freedom for the workers other than following the employer's rules.

You have the choice to look for another employer, simple as that.

My nephew was arrested in Turkey on a layover. He was told to step outside to smoke when he did so they arrested him for braking Turkish law since outside the doors are no longer international laws. My guess is they want the 15,000 dollars in electronics he declared on the flight.

There's smoking-ban in public-areas.
Who the fuck your nephew thinks he is violating local laws?

I don't see a problem with this new rule. if the stewardesses want to play dress up, then they can find another job.

Can't wear rings or jewelry at Burger King either and that is mostly what stewardesses are. Flying waitresses.

Only lipstick in pastel colors are allowed.

Lipstick and nail polish in red, dark pink and similar colors that are not present in the current uniform disrupt the visual coherence.
Red lipstick

You comply or search another employer.

I don't see a problem with this new rule. if the stewardesses want to play dress up, then they can find another job.

Can't wear rings or jewelry at Burger King either and that is mostly what stewardesses are. Flying waitresses.

Only lipstick in pastel colors are allowed.

Lipstick and nail polish in red, dark pink and similar colors that are not present in the current uniform disrupt the visual coherence.
Red lipstick

You comply or search another employer.

You are missing the whole point!

Turkey previously was a strictly secular country but all this has changed dramatically under the present Islamist Government and more rules like these may soon apply.

What we are seeing here with the lipstick and nail polish regulations is a taste of bigger changes which are likely to get even worse and uglier in the future as regards to codes of behaviour and dress. :(

My nephew was arrested in Turkey on a layover. He was told to step outside to smoke when he did so they arrested him for braking Turkish law since outside the doors are no longer international laws. My guess is they want the 15,000 dollars in electronics he declared on the flight.

My nephew was told by airport security he could smoke outside.

Turkish Airlines Bans Air Hostesses From Wearing Red Lipstick and Nail Polish

May 3, 2013
Air hostesses banned from wearing lipstick and nail polish in Turkey sparking row over increasing Islamic influence | Mail Online
[Excerpts]

------------------
"One wrote: ‘Why not just ban stewardesses altogether so we can all breathe a sigh of relief?’
------------------

1974 Photo - Things were more modern back then.

article-2318892-199BF0EF000005DC-156_634x702.jpg

Female flight attendants at Turkey’s national airline have been banned from wearing red lipstick and nail polish, prompting renewed fears from secular Turks the country is becoming more Islamic. But critics say it reflects the creeping influence of the government's Islamic values. ‘This new guideline is totally down to Turkish Airlines management's desire to shape the company to fit its own political and ideological stance,’ Atilay Aycin, the president of Turkish Airlines' worker's union, said.

‘No one can deny that Turkey has become a more conservative, religious country.’ Turkey is 99 per cent Muslim, but the NATO state and European Union candidate has a secular constitution. 'They are objecting to the lipstick and nail polish that we have been using for years,' said Asli Gokmen, 30, a former Turkish Airlines' flight attendant who lost her job with more than 300 others last year during a union protest.

who cares

Yes, if it doesn't tear you up too much, think about the complete anatomy of that region.

I've identified the Mons Pubis

mons_pubis1.png

It doesn't really seem to be in the hot zone.

Think from the inside out, not the outside in.

It is part of the vulva - the external portion of the vagina which includes the labia, mons pubis, clitoris and the vaginal opening. The vulva is laden with pleasure transmitting nereves. Removing 1 part does not destroy functioning in the other parts.

Well, I suppose if one uses one's imagination then the entire epidermis could be considered part of the Vagina.

I know this is what I think whenever Dante begins a thread.

Nice day's haul for them.

Hence the reason why they most likely wanted his possessions to get the hell out of there.
Americans should not travel to countries where they are targets for police and government corruption.

You are missing the whole point!

Turkey previously was a strictly secular country but all this has changed dramatically under the present Islamist Government and more rules like these may soon apply.

What we are seeing here with the lipstick and nail polish regulations is a taste of bigger changes which are likely to get even worse and uglier in the future as regards to codes of behaviour and dress. :(

Instead of talking bullshit, you can list (backed by serious links) in which way the government has interfered in "dress"-code of the people.
Current government is in power for over 10 years. According to what you're impliying there should've been plenty of time to regulate and interfere in peoples' dress-code.

A company telling its employees that they must use pastel colors instead of red/pink as their make-up (in line with uniform color) has nothing to do with secularism.

Last edited:

Yeah, internet-stories.
Maybe on the other side of the internet the same "airport-security official" wrote in a message-board, that he fined someone's nephew for being a fag, but told him that he was fined for smoking.

I've identified the Mons Pubis

mons_pubis1.png

It doesn't really seem to be in the hot zone.

Think from the inside out, not the outside in.

It is part of the vulva - the external portion of the vagina which includes the labia, mons pubis, clitoris and the vaginal opening. The vulva is laden with pleasure transmitting nereves. Removing 1 part does not destroy functioning in the other parts.

Well, I suppose if one uses one's imagination then the entire epidermis could be considered part of the Vagina.

I know this is what I think whenever Dante begins a thread.

Actually, when you are really turned on the entire epidermis feels exactly the same way as the genitals, and even the slightest touch, like the gentle touch of running fingernails across the skin, triggers the feeling. Your whole body is turned on but you have to slow down and get into the finer points of stimulation rather than just getting hot and humping. I have a friend who took a class in massage for various types of things as part of a doctoral program, massage for sexual stimulation was part of the program. Most people don't know that the entire body can get that way, but it does. It's an incredible level of physiological excitement; it's like having your feet tickled, but all over your body and hundreds of times stronger. It is so strong, in fact, that the skin where you are touching will actually spasm.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back