Turns out that even the skeptics agree, the earth is warming abnormally

Therefore, "Climate Gate" doesn't matter.

Climate gate is everything. If the world is warming due to C02 then why do they need to manipulate and fudge their figures?

No shit. Everyone knows proxy tree ring data is more accurate than thermometers. That they would pretend otherwise is FRAUD hockey sticks!

I will answer they need to fudge their figures because it is not due to C02. Carbon Dioxide has an 800 year lag behind temperature rise and if the planet were warming then

I know. exactly 800 year lag. all the time. They don't know that. We were born knowing it but they weren't stupit libruls.
the troposphere would be warming and it is not!
Take your stupid thermometers libruls and stuff them! They are wrong!

Exxon Paid $16 Million to Fund "Debunk" Global Warming

"ExxonMobil has manufactured uncertainty about the human causes of global warming just as tobacco companies denied their product caused lung cancer," said Alden Meyer, the Union of Concerned Scientists' Director of Strategy & Policy. "

A modest but effective investment has allowed the oil giant to fuel doubt about global warming to delay government action just as Big Tobacco did for over 40 years."

Smoke, Mirrors & Hot Air: How ExxonMobil Uses Big Tobacco's Tactics to "Manufacture Uncertainty" on Climate Change details how the oil company, like the tobacco industry in previous decades, has

* raised doubts about even the most indisputable scientific evidence
* funded an array of front organizations to create the appearance of a broad platform for a tight-knit group of vocal climate change contrarians who misrepresent peer-reviewed scientific findings
* attempted to portray its opposition to action as a positive quest for "sound science" rather than business self-interest
* used its access to the Bush administration to block federal policies and shape government communications on global warming

ExxonMobil-funded organizations consist of an overlapping collection of individuals serving as staff, board members, and scientific advisors that publish and re-publish the works of a small group of climate change contrarians.

The George C. Marshall Institute, for instance, which has received $630,000 from ExxonMobil, recently touted a book edited by Patrick Michaels, a long-time climate change contrarian who is affiliated with at least 11 organizations funded by ExxonMobil.

Similarly, ExxonMobil funds a number of lesser-known groups such as the Annapolis Center for Science-Based Public Policy and Committee for a Constructive Tomorrow.

Both groups promote the work of several climate change contrarians, including Sallie Baliunas, an astrophysicist who is affiliated with at least nine ExxonMobil-funded groups.

LiveLeak.com - Exxon Paid $16 Million to Fund "Debunk" Global Warming

Only a moron would say that. LOTS of people - some with very nice websites - say that climategate 1 and 2 are proof of widespread fraud and conspiracy and these fucking Al Gore hockey stick criminals need to PAY!

Yes, there are lots of people with "very nice websites" out there.

And there are lots of people with "very nice websites" that do nothing but spout moronic talking points all day.

If you had included the talking points you listed above in some kind of coherent argument, filled with factual data and evidence, then my response would have been quite different.

But instead, you listed a few short catch-phrases, or "talking points".

Climate skeptics perform independent analysis, finally convinced Earth is getting warmer

Climate skeptics perform independent analysis, finally convinced Earth is getting warmer

Yep, even skeptics like Richard Muller and Anthony Watts are now admitting that Global Warming is in fact a real phenomena.

Although, in a move that would be funny if it weren't so sad, Global Warming doubter Anthony Watts is claiming that's what he said all along...

Berkely Earth?...Yer kidding right?
This bastion of liberalism is in your assumption capable of an unbiased study that produces facts absent of passion or prejudice?
Look, NASA did a study on the Earth's climate. The study concluded through extensive research that Earth indeed had warmed by an average temperature of 1.8*C. That study covered about 100 years of climate records.
The study also was specific in stating that the cause of the increase could not be determined.
The global warming crowd originally cheered the NASA study. Then jeered NASA for not concluding that human activity was the cause. In other words, NASA did not say what the global warming crowd wanted to hear.

No shit. Everyone knows proxy tree ring data is more accurate than thermometers. That they would pretend otherwise is FRAUD hockey sticks!

I know. exactly 800 year lag. all the time. They don't know that. We were born knowing it but they weren't stupit libruls.

Take your stupid thermometers libruls and stuff them! They are wrong!

Obviously, everyone else, including the skeptics who previously refuted Global Warming claims, are "wrong" and you are right.

Is this really your argument, or are you just someone who is intentionally trying to make Global Warming deniers look bad as a joke?

Berkely Earth?...Yer kidding right?
This bastion of liberalism is in your assumption capable of an unbiased study that produces facts absent of passion or prejudice?
Look, NASA did a study on the Earth's climate. The study concluded through extensive research that Earth indeed had warmed by an average temperature of 1.8*C. That study covered about 100 years of climate records.
The study also was specific in stating that the cause of the increase could not be determined.
The global warming crowd originally cheered the NASA study. Then jeered NASA for not concluding that human activity was the cause. In other words, NASA did not say what the global warming crowd wanted to hear.

Apparently, you didn't read anything that was said in the thread.

My point was that the people that were denying Global Warming was actually occurring in the first place, are now convinced that it is occurring.

I did not say that the cause had been determined 100%, mainly because I do not believe that to be the case. I just believe that there is strong evidence that leans that way.

Last edited:
Only a moron would say that. LOTS of people - some with very nice websites - say that climategate 1 and 2 are proof of widespread fraud and conspiracy and these fucking Al Gore hockey stick criminals need to PAY!

Yes, there are lots of people with "very nice websites" out there.

And there are lots of people with "very nice websites" that do nothing but spout moronic talking points all day.

If you had included the talking points you listed above in some kind of coherent argument, filled with factual data and evidence, then my response would have been quite different.

But instead, you listed a few short catch-phrases, or "talking points".

Its all out there. You just need to educate yourself.

Anybody that ever doubted Global Warming has some serious psychological issues.

The same is true of people that believed that the President was not born in the U.S.A.

Also, of those that do not believe that there is a serious problem with wealth distribution.

Not surprising that these nut cases are all the same people!
Oh yes.....anyone that does not toe the liberal line needs their head examined. I get it!!!!

All I am stating with this thread is that there were formerly a bunch of folks who claimed that the data was somehow falsified, and that the earth was not in fact warming.

There are still many who continue to spread this falsehood.

My point was that the warming data was not falsified, and now even the most vocal of the warming doubters have been convinced.

I personally believe from the data presented, that even though there have in fact been periods of warming in the past, the current period of warming seems to be accelerating at an abnormal rate even relative to those warming periods.

But that was not what was proven here.

What was proven here was that the data being used to back up the current theories surrounding Global Warming was in fact completely correct, at least as far as the actual temperature data is concerned.
Ok, let's cut to the chase. What can be done about it..Assuming that global warming does exist.
And please don't spew nonsense about oil or fossil fuels. Because that isn't happening.

Ooopsie!

January 19, 2012 : Coldest Day Globally In At Least 10 Years

January 19, 2012 : Coldest Day Globally In At Least 10 Years | Real Science

Complete with pretty colored charts that the warmist Chicken Littles are so fond of.

I'm here to serve. :D

Wow. That totally disproves AGW.
The way you wackadoodles play it, it's prolly more "proof" of it. :lol:

Too hot?...Global warming.
Too cold?...Global warming.
Drought?...Global warming.
Deluge?...Global warming.
Depression?...Global warming.
Flying toads?...Global warming.
Loch Ness Monster dead?...Global warming.
Ran out of gas?...Global warming.
Have a flat tire?...Global warming.
Didn't have enough cab fare?...Global warming.
Tux didn't come back from the cleaners?...Global warming.
Old friend came in from out of town?...Global warming.
Someone stole your car?...Global warming.
Earthquake?...Global warming.
A terrible flood?...Global warming.
LOCUSTS?...Global warming.

A complete list of things caused by global warming

Ooopsie!

Complete with pretty colored charts that the warmist Chicken Littles are so fond of.

:badgrin:

Touche!

All the leading figures of the global warming cult are involved in the Climategate scandal, not just a few non-entities. These are the people who decide what gets into the IPCC reports every four years.

Your argument is a colossal fail

Two Words:- Climate Gate.

Neo-Feudalism is end goal of the Climate Change crowd. One World Government anybody?

The existence of a small set of individuals that felt they needed to exaggerate their message to convince people what they believe to be true, is true, does not, in any way, invalidate the actual data pertaining to the subject at hand.

This is a common partisan practice:

1) Find an example of an individual who is in some way untrustworthy. 2) Pretend the individual is representative of the whole side of an argument. 3) Use that individual's lack of credibility to create an argument.

There are thousands of individuals involved with the study of Global Warming.

And there is incontrovertible scientific proof that Global Warming is a real phenomena, as I pointed out in the OP.

The only question left is whether Global Warming is a man-made phenomenon. It appears that the evidence leads in this direction, but there is not a 100% consensus on the matter, as it has not been proved beyond the shadow of a doubt.

A few more

ClimateGATE 2.0

hockey stick

Al Gore

NO EVIDENCE

stupit libruls!

A few last words:

Moronic talking points.

Not only is climategate proof that AGW is a fraud - it's proof of a globalist conspiracy...

All the leading figures of the global warming cult are involved in the Climategate scandal, not just a few non-entities. These are the people who decide what gets into the IPCC reports every four years.

Your argument is a colossal fail

Two Words:- Climate Gate.

Neo-Feudalism is end goal of the Climate Change crowd. One World Government anybody?

The existence of a small set of individuals that felt they needed to exaggerate their message to convince people what they believe to be true, is true, does not, in any way, invalidate the actual data pertaining to the subject at hand.

This is a common partisan practice:

1) Find an example of an individual who is in some way untrustworthy. 2) Pretend the individual is representative of the whole side of an argument. 3) Use that individual's lack of credibility to create an argument.

There are thousands of individuals involved with the study of Global Warming.

And there is incontrovertible scientific proof that Global Warming is a real phenomena, as I pointed out in the OP.

The only question left is whether Global Warming is a man-made phenomenon. It appears that the evidence leads in this direction, but there is not a 100% consensus on the matter, as it has not been proved beyond the shadow of a doubt.
The United Nations seems to think so...

Global Taxes Are Back, Watch Your Wallet

A tax on fossil fuels like gasoline, coal, oil and natural gas. This plan, usually called a Carbon Tax, would drive up the price of gas for cars and trucks, home heating fuels, plastics, and countless other products. Proponents argue that such a tax would combat global warming by discouraging the use of fossil fuels while the revenue from such a tax could be redistributed to poorer nations. One U.N. paper suggested that such a tax would yield $125 billion per year with U.S. taxpayers stuck for more than $25 billion of that tab. But even supporters acknowledge that the modest tax that they would initially propose would not reduce greenhouse gasses or even slow the use of fossil fuels. In order to achieve that policy goal, the tax rate would have to be very high — enough to generate $750 billion per year, of which U.S. taxpayers would pay more $150 billion.​

Ooopsie!

I've seen the list.

And I agree with your assessment. One of the first things they taught me in graduate school is that if there's a website with a list of things a theory might explain, that theory is wrong. Good theories explain nothing.

Thus far no conclusive proof that Global Warming is not real.

A number of attempts without foundation or links for that matter. Politicians are among the most uninformed paid for by special interest contributions.

A number of attempts without foundation or links for that matter. Politicians are among the most uninformed paid for by special interest contributions.

Here is the proof:

The Earth is not warming

BUT if it IS, just in case,

We aren't the cause

BUT - just in case we ARE

Global warming is actually beneficial

AND - JUST IN CASE it isn't

we can't do anything about it at this point anyway

THEREFORE

DO NOTHING

As I said...

A number of attempts without foundation or links for that matter.

Politicians are among the most uninformed paid for by special interest contributions therefore misleading the nation.

Forum List

Back