Turns out that even the skeptics agree, the earth is warming abnormally

I agree 100%. Lots of people say the MWP was really big, and anyone who makes a graph that doesn't make the peak of that period at least as big as the stupid hockey stick is clearly a fraud. We all know the MWP peak was higher, we were born knowing it, its natural. Stupid morons with their hockey sticks that al gore talks about. Al Gore's fucking FAT! DUH!

No, you ignorant silly person. Graphs have NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MWP. You see dear child, we have these anachronistic things called historical documents. I understand your reading comprehension is quite low (did you get out of grade school?) but when you read the history's of oh say northern Germany, the Scandanavian countries, and of course England, you find that it was REALLY warm during that 400 years period. So warm in fact the England was able to compete with France in wine production. Something that England CAN'T do today.

You may choose to remain ignorant (frankly I don't think you're capable of much beyond wiping your own keester) but the rest of the world has realised that you and your AGW cultists are just that a cult. You're no better then religious zealots that plague this world.

I know I know. Everyone knows the temperature of europe during the MWP was the same as the global average temperature. There's no need to consider any other data, that's all we need.

Not the same silly person. We KNOW it was much warmer then then it is now. Poor poor poopy. Trying so hard to be sarcastic but my five year old can use it so much better then you. But then again, she's a hell of a lot smarter than you.

No, you ignorant silly person. Graphs have NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MWP. You see dear child, we have these anachronistic things called historical documents. I understand your reading comprehension is quite low (did you get out of grade school?) but when you read the history's of oh say northern Germany, the Scandanavian countries, and of course England, you find that it was REALLY warm during that 400 years period. So warm in fact the England was able to compete with France in wine production. Something that England CAN'T do today.

You may choose to remain ignorant (frankly I don't think you're capable of much beyond wiping your own keester) but the rest of the world has realised that you and your AGW cultists are just that a cult. You're no better then religious zealots that plague this world.

I know I know. Everyone knows the temperature of europe during the MWP was the same as the global average temperature. There's no need to consider any other data, that's all we need.

Not the same silly person. We KNOW it was much warmer then then it is now. Poor poor poopy. Trying so hard to be sarcastic but my five year old can use it so much better then you. But then again, she's a hell of a lot smarter than you.

I know man, we JUST KNOW. I was born knowing it, I dunno about you.

Al gore hockey sticks!

* What is Global Warming?

When CO2 and other heat-trapping emissions are released into the air, they act like a blanket, holding heat in our atmosphere and warming the planet. Overloading our atmosphere with carbon has far-reaching effects for people everywhere. Learn more
Global Warming Science & Impacts

* What does the science say about global warming and what are the connections between climate data and the changes we see around us—and those we expect to see in the future? Learn more

* Global Warming Contrarians
Why has it been so difficult to achieve meaningful solutions? Media pundits, partisan think tanks, and special interest groups funded by fossil fuel and related industries raise doubts about the truth of global warming. These deniers downplay and distort the evidence of climate change, demand policies that allow industries to continue polluting, and attempt to undercut existing pollution standards. UCS fights misrepresentations of global warming, providing sound, science-based evidence to set the record straight. Learn more

*Global Warming Solutions
Who can reduce global warming emissions? We can—together. Our individual efforts are important, but the biggest impact on climate change will come from large-scale changes—well-reasoned international, national, and regional policies; thoughtful, systematic efforts to reduce polluting fossil fuel energy sources and unsound land use practices; and steady progress toward a green, sustainable future. Learn more

Global Warming | Union of Concerned Scientists

Global Warming Science

Julia Cole, Geologist

There is no longer any doubt in the expert scientific community that the Earth is warming—and it’s now clear that human activity has a significant part in it. UCS continues to support and communicate vital research on climate change, including the human “fingerprints” of its cause, the impending consequences, and the urgent need for realistic solutions.

In the articles listed below explore the latest climate science, the evidence of global warming, and the expert scientific consensus that human activity is the major cause of—and therefore solution to—this urgent global crisis.

BASICS OF GLOBAL WARMING SCIENCE

* Does Snow and Cold Weather Disprove Climate Change?
* Certainty vs. Uncertainty: Understanding Scientific Terms About Climate Change
* Understanding the Urgency of Climate Change
* Global Thermometer Still Climbing
* The Causes of Global Warming: A Global Warming FAQ
* Latest Climate Science (2009) Underscores Urgency
* The Importance of Sound Science in Public Policy
* Findings of the IPCC Fourth Assessment Report: Climate Change Science, Impacts, and Mitigation
* Highlights from the First Section of the IPCC Fourth Assessment Report
* Hurricanes and Climate Change
* Global Warming Human Fingerprints
* What We Do Know About Climate Change
* Science of Global Warming

GLOBAL WARMING SCIENCE IN DEPTH

* America's Climate Choices Webinar Series
* The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
* Past, Present, and Future Temperatures: the Hockeystick FAQ
* The Role of the IPCC on Climate Change
* Abrupt Climate Change
* Consensus in the IPCC- What Does It Mean
* Has the Climate Changed Already?
* Global Warming: Consensus vs. Certainty
* Global Warming: The Need for More Research
* Projections of Climate Change

GLOBAL WARMING SCIENCE CAMPAIGNS

* The Weight of the Evidence: Promoting Climate Science for the Public Good
* Curious for Life Ad Campaign

GLOBAL WARMING SCIENCE TOOLS & RESOURCES

* U.S. Global Change Research Program National Climate Assessment
* Each Country's Share of CO2 Emissions

Global Warming Science | Union of Concerned Scientists

i think the majority of scientists agree that the earth is warming. i, personally, don't know of any scientists who can say, beyond the shadow of a doubt, if it's caused, or not caused, by man.

fact is, we're just not sure yet.

i think the majority of scientists agree that the earth is warming. i, personally, don't know of any scientists who can say, beyond the shadow of a doubt, if it's caused, or not caused, by man.

I don't know any scientists that can say anything beyond a shadow of a doubt.
fact is, we're just not sure yet.
That's what a lot of folks - some with their own websites - have been saying.

Who can reduce global warming? We can.

To address global warming, we need to significantly reduce the amount of heat-trapping emissions. As individuals, we can help by being mindful of our electricity use, driving more efficient cars, reducing the number of miles we drive, and taking other steps to reduce our own consumption of fossil fuels (Read Ten Personal Solutions to Global Warming for more great suggestions).

Global Warming 101 | Union of Concerned Scientists

Ten Personal Solutions to Global Warming

Individual choices can have an impact on global climate change. Reducing your family's heat-trapping emissions does not mean forgoing modern conveniences; it means making smart choices and using energy-efficient products, which may require an additional investment up front, but often pay you back in energy savings within a couple of years.

Since Americans' per capita emissions of heat-trapping gases is 5.6 tons—more than double the amount of western Europeans—we can all make choices that will greatly reduce our families' global warming impact.

Ten Personal Solutions to Global Warming:
Ten Personal Solutions to Global Warming | Union of Concerned Scientists

*Ozone pollution is bad for your health.

Millions of Americans suffer from the harmful effects of ground-level ozone pollution—be they children too sick to go to school, high school football players not allowed to practice outdoors in the summer, 65-year-olds with lung disease unable to take a walk in the park, or farmers at risk when they harvest their fields.

Ground-level ozone pollution exacerbates lung diseases such as asthma and can cause breathing difficulties even in healthy individuals.

*Ozone pollution is expensive.

Not only does ozone pollution cause a number of serious breathing problems, and therefore a great deal of suffering, it also is damaging in monetary terms. Whether tallying up the dollars lost to sick days or the high costs of emergency-room visits, ozone pollution is expensive.

* Climate change could worsen ozone pollution.

And now health professionals have an additional ozone pollution concern—climate change.

Temperatures in the United States have already risen more than two degrees Fahrenheit (2°F) over the past century, largely because of climate change, and are expected to keep rising throughout the next few decades and likely much longer.

* Here’s the connection:

Report: Climate Change Could Worsen Ozone Pollution, Threatening Our Health and Economy | Union of Concerned Scientists

Two Words:- Climate Gate.

Neo-Feudalism is end goal of the Climate Change crowd. One World Government anybody?

Last edited:
*Is Global Warming Linked to Severe Weather?

As Earth warms, powerful storms are becoming the new normal

Overhead, tall, dense clouds are poised to burst, their presence a sign of an imminent deluge.

These cumulonimbus masses are a reminder of the destructive floods that are occurring around the globe, which, taken together, are potent signals of one of the greatest environmental challenges of our time: global warming.

* Powerful rain and snow storms—and, ironically, intense drought periods—are a well-known consequence of a warmer planet.
What is the relationship between global warming, climate, and weather?

Weather is what’s happening outside the door right now; today a thunderstorm is approaching. Climate, on the other hand, is the pattern of weather measured over a number of decades.

* Over the past 30 years there has been a pattern of increasingly higher average temperatures for the whole world. In fact, the first decade of this century (2001–2010) was the hottest decade recorded since reliable records began in the late 1800s.

These rising temperatures—caused primarily by an increase of heat-trapping emissions in the atmosphere created when we burn coal, oil, and gas to generate electricity, drive our cars, and fuel our businesses—are what we refer to as global warming.

* One consequence of global warming is an increase in both ocean evaporation into the atmosphere, and the amount of water vapor the atmosphere can hold. High levels of water vapor in the atmosphere in turn create conditions more favorable for heavier precipitation in the form of intense rain and snow storms.

* The United States is already experiencing more intense rain and snow storms.

As the Earth warms, the amount of rain or snow falling in the heaviest one percent of storms has risen nearly 20 percent on average in the United States—almost three times the rate of increase in total precipitation between 1958 and 2007.

In other words, the heaviest storms have very recently become even heavier.

The Northeast has seen a 67 percent increase in the amount of rain or snow falling in the heaviest storms.
As storms increase in intensity, flooding becomes a larger concern.

Are Severe Rain storms, Snow storms, Drought, and Tornadoes Linked to Global Warming? | Union of Concerned Scientists

Two Words:- Climate Gate.

Neo-Feudalism is end goal of the Climate Change crowd. One World Government anybody?

The existence of a small set of individuals that felt they needed to exaggerate their message to convince people what they believe to be true, is true, does not, in any way, invalidate the actual data pertaining to the subject at hand.

This is a common partisan practice:

1) Find an example of an individual who is in some way untrustworthy. 2) Pretend the individual is representative of the whole side of an argument. 3) Use that individual's lack of credibility to create an argument.

There are thousands of individuals involved with the study of Global Warming.

And there is incontrovertible scientific proof that Global Warming is a real phenomena, as I pointed out in the OP.

Therefore, "Climate Gate" doesn't matter.

The only question left is whether Global Warming is a man-made phenomenon. It appears that the evidence leads in this direction, but there is not a 100% consensus on the matter, as it has not been proved beyond the shadow of a doubt.

Last edited:

Climate gate is everything. If the world is warming due to C02 then why do they need to manipulate and fudge their figures?

I will answer they need to fudge their figures because it is not due to C02. Carbon Dioxide has an 800 year lag behind temperature rise and if the planet were warming then the troposphere would be warming and it is not!

Climate gate is everything. If the world is warming due to C02 then why do they need to manipulate and fudge their figures?

I will answer they need to fudge their figures because it is not due to C02. Carbon Dioxide has an 800 year lag behind temperature rise and if the planet were warming then the troposphere would be warming and it is not!

FactCheck.org : “Climategate”

Summary
In late November 2009, more than 1,000 e-mails between scientists at the Climate Research Unit of the U.K.’s University of East Anglia were stolen and made public by an as-yet-unnamed hacker. Climate skeptics are claiming that they show scientific misconduct that amounts to the complete fabrication of man-made global warming. We find that to be unfounded:

The messages, which span 13 years, show a few scientists in a bad light, being rude or dismissive. An investigation is underway, but there’s still plenty of evidence that the earth is getting warmer and that humans are largely responsible.
Some critics say the e-mails negate the conclusions of a 2007 report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, but the IPCC report relied on data from a large number of sources, of which CRU was only one.
E-mails being cited as "smoking guns" have been misrepresented. For instance, one e-mail that refers to "hiding the decline" isn’t talking about a decline in actual temperatures as measured at weather stations. These have continued to rise, and 2009 may turn out to be the fifth warmest year ever recorded. The "decline" actually refers to a problem with recent data from tree rings.

The e-mails in question do not show that the earth is not warming, or that any of the data involved was made up.

There is in fact clear, incontrovertible evidence that the earth is warming, and there is a great amount of evidence that points to said warming being man-made. The man-made part is not 100% certain, as I said, but "Climategate" does not in any way dispute the findings.

Debunking Misinformation About Stolen Climate Emails in the "Climategate" Manufactured Controversy

The manufactured controversy over emails stolen from the University of East Anglia's Climatic Research Unit has generated a lot more heat than light. The email content being quoted does not indicate that climate data and research have been compromised.

Most importantly, nothing in the content of these stolen emails has any impact on our overall understanding that human activities are driving dangerous levels of global warming. Media reports and contrarian claims that they do are inaccurate.

Investigations Clear Scientists of Wrongdoing

Six official investigations have cleared scientists of accusations of wrongdoing.

* A three-part Penn State University cleared scientist Michael Mann of wrongdoing.
* Two reviews commissioned by the University of East Anglia"supported the honesty and integrity of scientists in the Climatic Research Unit."
* A UK Parliament report concluded that the emails have no bearing on our understanding of climate science and that claims against UEA scientists are misleading.
* The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Inspector General's office concluded there was no evidence of wrongdoing on behalf of their employees.
* The National Science Foundation's Inspector General's office concluded, "Lacking any direct evidence of research misconduct...we are closing this investigation with no further action."

Other agencies and media outlets have investigated the substance of the emails.

* The Environmental Protection Agency, in response to petitions against action to curb heat-trapping emissions, dismissed attacks on the science rooted in the stolen emails.
* Factcheck.org debunked claims that the emails put the conclusions of climate science into question.
* Politifact.com rated claims that the emails falsify climate science as "false."
* An Associated Press review of the emails found that they "don't undercut the vast body of evidence showing the world is warming because of man-made greenhouse gas emissions."

Debunking Misinformation About Stolen Climate Emails in the "Climategate" Manufactured Controversy | Union of Concerned Scientists

Forum List

Back