Two-Thirds Of College Grads Regret Their Diploma, Costs And Major

Most satisfied were majors in math, science, tech and especially engineering. More than a third of computer science grads and four-in-ten engineering grads had no regrets about their area choice of studies.

I did a double major in math & computer science at the University of Alaska Fairbanks, and accumulated enough credits to graduate with two B.S. degrees, but I never got along with the sorry girls & frat boys, and consequently I became jobless and unemployable for life.

“Books are closed!” I was told. It's a mobster catch phrase, whether in reference to exams or financial books. I am permamently shut out of any profession that requires an exam, because such exams are so dishonestly proctored and administered, that I will never be allowed to "pass."

Which is also a transgender hate thing, also from the Mafia.

I can't say I "regret" my choice of studies, because that is what I was interested in and did well in — and what I wanted to study at the time.

It's just that I can't work for the Mob or an organized crime cartel without risking prison myself, and the sorry girls & frat boys left me no other options in this life except for poverty or organized crime.
You sound like a loser making excuses for why you failed in life
Except I'm not exactly a loser or a failure, because I'm still basically alive & well & not in prison, and I don't do the marijuana, drugs, alcohol, sex, or any of that loser shit other people do & continually try to blame on me or get me to take the fall for.

I am simply not willing to work for a drug-sex-alcohol Establishment, and until that organized criminal Establishment is brought down, it will remain necessary for me to keep fighting and waging war on the Establishment of the Left.
If you are unemployable for life because you did not get along, you are not only a loser, but a quitter
I was driven out of college for being a heartless asshole, ie Republican. But I managed to scratch out a living without a college degree. A lot of these colleges grade you based on your politics not on your ability.
What a cop out

If you can’t cut it, it is on you

So................

The RW myth that today’s College students get worthless degrees is Bullshit
Masters in English, Art appreciation, Women's Studies, etc are worthless if you consider that the purpose of a degree is to get a better job.
Don’t know about that. Depends on your goals. Neighbor girl landed a $45k teaching job with an English major right out of college. She won’t get rich but that is what she wants to do with her life.

I helped a girl land a job making 60 grand a year with just a high school education a few years ago..

So what's your point?
I see what you did there.

It was a mistake..did it on accident.

The responses on here are a joke. You guys should have gone to college to study probability and expected outcomes.

Why?
Your best outcome is going to college and getting any degree. Yes there are some college grads who do worse than some tradesmen. Those are outlets and not the reality of your outcome if you decide to skip college. The trades are in demand and a great second option.
The trades are a great first option for many people but we don't tell them that we say everyone has to go to college
Only 1/3 of adults have graduated from college. There are millions and millions of people who need non-college jobs. Everyone should go to college if they can but if they can’t, of course they should look at the best options available to them.

Most satisfied were majors in math, science, tech and especially engineering. More than a third of computer science grads and four-in-ten engineering grads had no regrets about their area choice of studies.

I did a double major in math & computer science at the University of Alaska Fairbanks, and accumulated enough credits to graduate with two B.S. degrees, but I never got along with the sorry girls & frat boys, and consequently I became jobless and unemployable for life.

“Books are closed!” I was told. It's a mobster catch phrase, whether in reference to exams or financial books. I am permamently shut out of any profession that requires an exam, because such exams are so dishonestly proctored and administered, that I will never be allowed to "pass."

I can't say I "regret" my choice of studies, because that is what I was interested in and did well in — and what I wanted to study at the time.

It's just that I can't work for the Mob or an organized crime cartel without risking prison myself, and the sorry girls & frat boys left me no other options in this life except for poverty or organized crime.
Except I'm not exactly a loser or a failure, because I'm still basically alive & well & not in prison, and I don't do the marijuana, drugs, alcohol, sex, or any of that loser shit other people do & continually try to blame on me or get me to take the fall for.

I am simply not willing to work for a drug-sex-alcohol Establishment, and until that organized criminal Establishment is brought down, it will remain necessary for me to keep fighting and waging war on the Establishment of the Left.
If you are unemployable for life because you did not get along, you are not only a loser, but a quitter
I was driven out of college for being a heartless asshole, ie Republican. But I managed to scratch out a living without a college degree. A lot of these colleges grade you based on your politics not on your ability.
That is not true. #1 reason people fail out of college is that they don’t study, don’t attend class, or dont do the work. The number who fail out while trying is small. The number that fail out trying because of politics is zero.

That is not true. #1 reason people fail out of college is that they don’t study, don’t attend class, or dont do the work. The number who fail out while trying is small. The number that fail out trying because of politics is zero.
You are wrong. I was given F's on my book reports because she didn't like my opinion, not because she didn't like my ability to write. Those F's led to me flunking her class. I'm not the only one driven out of College because of politics. More recently I was fired because of a political point of view I posted on FB. It had nothing to do with work but some fellow employee demanded they fire me, or else, and they did. They are trying to make it so that we can't express Conservative points of view without being boycotted, fired, driven out of Restaurants and other businesses etc. And they harass conservatives in College and effect their grades until they drop out. or, antifa throws a cement shake on them and beats them up.

The responses on here are a joke. You guys should have gone to college to study probability and expected outcomes.

Why?
Your best outcome is going to college and getting any degree. Yes there are some college grads who do worse than some tradesmen. Those are outlets and not the reality of your outcome if you decide to skip college. The trades are in demand and a great second option.
The trades are a great first option for many people but we don't tell them that we say everyone has to go to college

No we don't.

We have an everyone needs to go to college attitude in this country don't say we don't

You are wrong. I was given F's on my book reports because she didn't like my opinion, not because she didn't like my ability to write. Those F's led to me flunking her class. I'm not the only one driven out of College because of politics. More recently I was fired because of a political point of view I posted on FB. It had nothing to do with work but some fellow employee demanded they fire me, or else, and they did. They are trying to make it so that we can't express Conservative points of view without being boycotted, fired, driven out of Restaurants and other businesses etc. And they harass conservatives in College and effect their grades until they drop out. or, antifa throws a cement shake on them and beats them up.
Looks like your biggest problem is that you are an asshole

Why?

No we don't.

We have an everyone needs to go to college attitude in this country don't say we don't
We don’t.

My one son became an architect, the other a welder
Both are doing well

No we don't.

We don’t.

Both are doing well

Of course we do.

Since WWII more and more people have been pushed into going to college the severe shortage of skilled tradesman in this country is proof of that

No we don't.

We don’t.

Both are doing well

Of course we do.

Since WWII more and more people have been pushed into going to college the severe shortage of skilled tradesman in this country is proof of that
The job market has shifted

Why?

No we don't.

I’ll say we don’t.

No we don't.

We don’t.

Both are doing well

Of course we do.

The job market has shifted

And we are still sending more people to college than into the trades

No we don't.

I’ll say we don’t.

Denial

No we don't.

I’ll say we don’t.

Denial

Knowledge

Everyone should go to college if they can but if they can’t, of course they should look at the best options available to them.

You're full of shit again. If that's what you want to study, and there are employment options in that field, great.

But college isn't always "better" than a non-college option or trade apprenticeship somewhere.

People have delusions of "one corporate job for life" or bust and they don't allow people to move on to a different career if the economic demand for their labor changes.

Everyone should go to college if they can but if they can’t, of course they should look at the best options available to them.

You're full of shit again. If that's what you want to study, and there are employment options in that field, great.

But college isn't always "better" than a non-college option or trade apprenticeship somewhere.

People have delusions of "one corporate job for life" or bust and they don't allow people to move on to a different career if the economic demand for their labor changes.
Both College and a good trade school can provide a rewarding career

That’s why we need to ensure they are available to all

And I’m sure they wince every time they get a bill for what they owe in loans.

Not surprisingly perhaps, the new survey found the top regret was incurring immense debts for that higher education, a debt whose payments run on for many years, causing postponed marriages and families. An estimated 70 percent of college graduates this year finished school with loans to repay averaging $33,000.

The second largest graduate regret was their choice of college majors. Sen. Marco Rubio has noted in speeches that the occupational demand for Greek philosophers has not been good for about 2,000 years.

More @ Two-Thirds Of College Grads Regret Their Diploma, Costs And Major

Exactly

They got fooled by the insane greed of the professors who were simply trying to enrich themselves by giving out worthless degrees with high debt

Today's educators are simply corrupt to the core and now they go against science instead of going with science like with their support for abortions

Not surprisingly perhaps, the new survey found the top regret was incurring immense debts for that higher education, a debt whose payments run on for many years, causing postponed marriages and families. An estimated 70 percent of college graduates this year finished school with loans to repay averaging $33,000.

The second largest graduate regret was their choice of college majors. Sen. Marco Rubio has noted in speeches that the occupational demand for Greek philosophers has not been good for about 2,000 years.

Exactly

They got fooled by the insane greed of the professors who were simply trying to enrich themselves by giving out worthless degrees with high debt

Today's educators are simply corrupt to the core and now they go against science instead of going with science like with their support for abortions
Obviously written by someone who could not get into college

Trump supporters have the highest net worth but without as many degrees proving there are better ways than following the brainwashing by corrupt educators

Exactly

Obviously written by someone who could not get into college

Professors are so greedy they fool the unwise to give taxpayer money and non earned points on the sat test for a lot more to pay out to the greedy professors with taxpayer money

Forum List

Back