Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Require heat pumps rather than conventional heating and a/c

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JBG

Liberal democrat
Jan 8, 2012
New York City area
The print edition headline of the New York Times apparently (from a Replica Edition which is part of my subscription) is "Scientist Wants to Block Sunlight to Cool Earth" (link). The online edition's headline was apparently edited to say "Meet the Scientist Who Wants to Alter Earth’s Atmosphere." Both have a line underneath the banner saying "Critics say even researching the idea is dangerous." I wonder if the editing was to make the idea seem less maniacal. I wondered if there was a "Satire" section on which to post this as I have seen those on other boards. Excerpt below:
New York Times said:
I had come to Chicago to talk to Keith about this proposed technology, which is known as stratospheric solar geoengineering. While it can seem like the stuff of science fiction, ambitious proposals to alter the planet’s climate are increasingly being taken seriously as the effects of global warming grow more acute.
There are already major efforts underway to suck carbon dioxide out of the air. Experiments to brighten clouds to deflect the sun’s energy are also being carried out.
Keith is a leading intellectual figure in the geoengineering movement.
Apparently, people have become so wrapped up in the religion of climate change that they are willing to basically play with very dangerous forces. The article references his remembering the short term effect of the eruption of Mount Pinatubo in 1991. Did lead to a cooling in 1992. Apparently he wants to replicate this idea.

Even with the more mainstream efforts to deindustrialize people are playing with very dangerous forces. There seems to be little regard for the impact upon the average person while the Elites either want to make heroes of themselves or immiserate the middle class and the lower class. This would appear to almost be in the category of psychological derangement, but some very serious people are involved in this. People should really think about what they are potentially doing By upending a functioning industrial society. An Op Ed in the July 31, 2024 Wall Street Journal, Polar Bears, Dead Coral and Other Climate Fictions (link), written by Bjorn Lomborg lays out a view to which I adhere. Excerpt (article may be paywalled):
Bjorn Lomborg said:
Whatever happened to polar bears? They used to be all climate campaigners could talk about, but now they’re essentially absent from headlines. Over the past 20 years, climate activists have elevated various stories of climate catastrophe, then quietly dropped them without apology when the opposing evidence becomes overwhelming. The only constant is the scare tactics.

About a month ago, the New York Times finally shared what it called “surprising” climate news: Almost all atoll islands are stable or increasing in size. In fact, scientific literature has documented this for more than a decade. While rising sea levels do erode land, additional sand from old coral is washed up on low-lying shores. Extensive studies have long shown this accretion is stronger than climate-caused erosion, meaning the land area of Tuvalu and many other small islands is increasing.
Today, killer heat waves are the new climate horror story. In July President Biden claimed “extreme heat is the No. 1 weather-related killer in the United States.”
Recently I OP'd

Climate Frauds Under Review; 112° in the Saudi Desert? (the Horror) and The Vanishing Islands That Failed to Vanish and ...

, which referenced the "vanishing islands."

People need to think for themselves!

Climate Frauds Under Review; 112° in the Saudi Desert? (the Horror) and The Vanishing Islands That Failed to Vanish and ...

The print edition headline of the New York Times apparently (from a Replica Edition which is part of my subscription) is "Scientist Wants to Block Sunlight to Cool Earth" (link). The online edition's headline was apparently edited to say "Meet the Scientist Who Wants to Alter Earth’s Atmosphere." Both have a line underneath the banner saying "Critics say even researching the idea is dangerous." I wonder if the editing was to make the idea seem less maniacal. I wondered if there was a "Satire" section on which to post this as I have seen those on other boards. Excerpt below:

Apparently, people have become so wrapped up in the religion of climate change that they are willing to basically play with very dangerous forces. The article references his remembering the short term effect of the eruption of Mount Pinatubo in 1991. Did lead to a cooling in 1992. Apparently he wants to replicate this idea.

Even with the more mainstream efforts to deindustrialize people are playing with very dangerous forces. There seems to be little regard for the impact upon the average person while the Elites either want to make heroes of themselves or immiserate the middle class and the lower class. This would appear to almost be in the category of psychological derangement, but some very serious people are involved in this. People should really think about what they are potentially doing By upending a functioning industrial society. An Op Ed in the July 31, 2024 Wall Street Journal, Polar Bears, Dead Coral and Other Climate Fictions (link), written by Bjorn Lomborg lays out a view to which I adhere. Excerpt (article may be paywalled):

Recently I OP'd

, which referenced the "vanishing islands."

People need to think for themselves!

I saw that in a James Bond movie once.
Evil scientist plotting the destruction of the planet.

blocksun.gif

Jet engines spew soot in the lower Stratosphere blocking sunlight ... otherwise the oceans would be at 175ºC by now ... so I voted "other" and that would be fly more commercial aircraft ... and have a cow while we're at it ...

Forum List

Back