U.S. adds 200,000 jobs in Dec.; unemployment drops to 8.5%

Dispute these numbers if you can. . . .
The labor statistics, sure ...

• a record 52 straight months of job creation that produced more than 8 million new jobs.

Not true. The BLS indicates the longest stretch was 37 months, not 52; and it totaled 6.7 million jobs, not 8 million. And even that was due more to the exploding housing bubble than anything else; though if you want to blame Bush for that, that would be ok since he did have a hand in it.

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Private employers added 212,00 jobs, moving the total of private-sector jobs created in 2011 to 1.9 million. Governments, particularly at the local level, cut jobs — 12,000 last month — holding overall job growth for the year to 1.6 million.

U.S. adds 200,000 jobs in Dec.; unemployment drops to 8.5% - The Washington Post

Did I hear someone say no private sector jobs were being created?

Completely Bogus Crap.

200k Jobs added is ok, but not nearly enough. The only reason the Unemployment number is falling is because Millions of People are reaching 99 weeks every week and simply falling of the rolls. Still others are deciding to retire Early, or stop looking and just live off savings or what ever. Then there are the Millions who are under employed in Part time Jobs.

The Real number is about 16%.

But you are right about one thing, if Obama can get that Bogus cooked number under 8% before the Election he will likely win. Because enough people don't pay close enough attention to understand just how dishonest that Number, and this President really is.

If 48 months out of 96 is shitty then what do you call 3 out of 36? Barfalacious? Shitocious?
Whatever, Obama's record is far worse than Bush's. And Bush probably would have done better had the Dems not taken control of Congress in '06.

I'm not sure what you're babbling about. If you're talking about Obama, private sector jobs have been growing every month for the past two or so years.

His first year sucked. But he inherited an economy already in free fall. The economy doesn't turn on a dime.

I like how you blame Congress when the Republicans have the White House, and the president when the Republicans control the House. What's it like to have no intellectual integrity, at all?

We ddint have positive private sector hiring until about 3 months ago.
BLS disagrees with you. They show the private sector began growing 22 months ago and have posted gains every month since...

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Dems controlled congress from 06 on. Obama isn't solely to blame. He outsourced a lot of policy to Pelosi and Reid.
Umm, no, from 2007. 2006, the year the housing bubble started to burst, Republicans still controlled the Congress.

I'm not sure what you're babbling about. If you're talking about Obama, private sector jobs have been growing every month for the past two or so years.

His first year sucked. But he inherited an economy already in free fall. The economy doesn't turn on a dime.

I like how you blame Congress when the Republicans have the White House, and the president when the Republicans control the House. What's it like to have no intellectual integrity, at all?

Dems controlled congress from 06 on. Obama isn't solely to blame. He outsourced a lot of policy to Pelosi and Reid.

Private employment has risen each month over the past 23 months.

CES0500000001_130804_1326159902685.gif

Data is from here.

Table B-1. Employees on nonfarm payrolls by industry sector and selected industry detail [In thousands]

I would suggest you do your own math....

Like I have stated previously - -350 + 100 is NEGATIVE 250...

When you only count the positives and not the negatives one could come up with a dishonest graph like that and only ignorant sheep would accept the said graph...

Private employment has risen each month over the past 23 months.

CES0500000001_130804_1326159902685.gif

Data is from here.

Table B-1. Employees on nonfarm payrolls by industry sector and selected industry detail [In thousands]

I would suggest you do your own math....

Like I have stated previously - -350 + 100 is NEGATIVE 250...

When you only count the positives and not the negatives one could come up with a dishonest graph like that and only ignorant sheep would accept the said graph...

Doood

That is a graph of TOTAL private employment. Here is the data.

Databases, Tables & Calculators by Subject
FONT SIZE:Minus Font SizePlus Font Size
Change Output Options: From: To:
include graphs

Data extracted on: January 9, 2012 (9:27:56 PM)

Employment, Hours, and Earnings from the Current Employment Statistics survey (National)

Series Id: CES0500000001
Seasonally Adjusted
Super Sector: Total private
Industry: Total private
NAICS Code: -
Data Type: ALL EMPLOYEES, THOUSANDS

Download:
Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Annual
2010 106793 106772 106916 107145 107193 107258 107351 107461 107570 107713 107841 108008
2011 108102 108363 108582 108823 108922 108997 109170 109242 109462 109596 109716(P) 109928(P)
P : preliminary​

Now you do the math, Sherlock.

Private employers added 212,00 jobs, moving the total of private-sector jobs created in 2011 to 1.9 million. Governments, particularly at the local level, cut jobs — 12,000 last month — holding overall job growth for the year to 1.6 million.

U.S. adds 200,000 jobs in Dec.; unemployment drops to 8.5% - The Washington Post

And our workforce dropped significantly...........
Say what? It dropped by 50,000 -- and that is in large part to people retiring, not so much people forced out of the labor force.

The unemployment rate is extremely deceptive......

Those who outlived their unemployment benefits or don't qualify for them in the first place aren't counted... Those who have never held a job but are able to work (welfare fucks) aren't counted.

The equation used to measure the unemployment rate is extremely flawed....

Not to mention our fucking lying media only reports how many jobs are created and hardly EVER mentions how many jobs were lost.....

-350 jobs + 100 jobs is STILL -250 jobs... But Obamabots will sit there and brag about +100 jobs when 250 jobs were lost, or that the workforce shrunk...

Of course only a progressive would be dumb enough not to investigate the shit the media spews - NO they put total faith in the media. They read an article and know everything about the subject all of a sudden...
Where do you get your numbers from?

In December, unemployment fell by 226,000

BLS: Unemployment Level

Discouraged workers fell by 151,000

BLS: Discouraged

Labor force fell by 50,000 jobs

BLS: Labor Force

176,000 jobs were gained

BLS: Employment Level

Last edited:

Say what? It dropped by 50,000 -- and that is in large part to people retiring, not so much people forced out of the labor force.

Those who outlived their unemployment benefits or don't qualify for them in the first place aren't counted... Those who have never held a job but are able to work (welfare fucks) aren't counted.

Not to mention our fucking lying media only reports how many jobs are created and hardly EVER mentions how many jobs were lost.....

-350 jobs + 100 jobs is STILL -250 jobs... But Obamabots will sit there and brag about +100 jobs when 250 jobs were lost, or that the workforce shrunk...

Of course only a progressive would be dumb enough not to investigate the shit the media spews - NO they put total faith in the media. They read an article and know everything about the subject all of a sudden...

176,000 jobs were gained

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The department of labor statistics..............

(which is always wrong)

But using their own numbers the media is dishonest..

With Obamafuck they only report the "jobs created" but never reports on the NET loss..

Nor does the Obamafuck progressive media report on the loss of the work force.

No they're only interested in parroting Obamafuck and his ideas as "working."

176,000 jobs were gained

(which is always wrong)
Show where the BLS indicates greater job losses than job gains? Because I just showed Decembers numbers and that doesn't match the numbers you claim to have acquired from the BLS.

Completely Bogus Crap.

200k Jobs added is ok, but not nearly enough. The only reason the Unemployment number is falling is because Millions of People are reaching 99 weeks every week and simply falling of the rolls. Still others are deciding to retire Early, or stop looking and just live off savings or what ever. Then there are the Millions who are under employed in Part time Jobs.

But you are right about one thing, if Obama can get that Bogus cooked number under 8% before the Election he will likely win. Because enough people don't pay close enough attention to understand just how dishonest that Number, and this President really is.

The number of people getting unemployment benefits IS NOT THE SAME as the number of people who are unemployed. I've seen this pointed out over and over again, yet you people keep repeating it. Why?

Completely Bogus Crap.

The number of people getting unemployment benefits IS NOT THE SAME as the number of people who are unemployed. I've seen this pointed out over and over again, yet you people keep repeating it. Why?

They're also under the delusion that every person who leaves the workforce, was forced out. They don't realize that a) people who retire also leave the workforce, though voluntarily; and b) Since 2008, roughly 3½ million people hit retirement age as baby boomers began reaching the age of 62.

Shrinking Labor Force May Curb U.S. Expansion for Two Decades

176,000 jobs were gained

(which is always wrong)
Show where the BLS indicates greater job losses than job gains? Because I just showed Decembers numbers and that doesn't match the numbers you claim to have acquired from the BLS.

I'm not going to go dig for you.......

You go dig for yourself...

I'm not your fucking teacher...

If you paid me I would give you a fantastic presentation..

If you're fucking interested then you can do the math....

You wont even know where to start.....

Here I'll be charitable..

Unemployment Rate = Number of Unemployed / Total Labor Force

Last edited:
He might. He might not.

But your case is hard to make given that as recently as 2007 the unemployment rate was about 5%, and had been that for nearly a decade.
I see that bigotry has made you stupid, as it always does.

It was 4.2% when Bush took office, got up to 6.3%, and down to 5.5%. After that wild ride, people still re-elected Bush.

This time, it was 7.8 when Obama took office, hit a high of 10% and is now down to 8.5%. It could be below 7.5% by November, and if so, Obama can claim success. Doesn't deserve to, the bigger problems aren't being addressed and he's drinking the same Free Trade Koolaid that the rest of the establishment is drinking.

Obama's not running against 2007, he's running against the situation he found in 2009 when he took office. I think his performance has been limp, but not enough to vote for degenerate like Romney.

You realize even 6% is historically pretty good. And that was high mark of Bush's tenure.
So obviously job growth was fine under Bush and all the screaming about off-shoring is coming from people with very short memories.
But I never understood the fixation with factory jobs. WHo the hell wants to work in a factory?
The Labor Dept maintains anything below 5% is considered " effective full employment".
In the early to mid part of last decade, the US was at defacto full employment.
Funny thing..after the recovery from the 9/11 recession, democrats SCREAMED about the "Mc Donalds recovery" Obama said most of those jobs were low paying service jobs and that they didn't count. He was going to put America back to work in REAL jobs...
Fast forward to today. The Obama regime and the complicit puppets over at Labor are counting people who pick up aluminum cans and return them for cash as "having a job"..
The real unemployment rate is in fact MUCH higher than the Labor Dept is reporting and most people know this. Even the Obamatons know it to be true. But the Obamatons want Obama to be ok, so they insist he is the greatest person ever to occupy the Oval Office.
Everything positive means "Obama did it".."Look what Obama did".....
Now everything that goes wrong or has gone wrong....."Bush did it"...
See how this shit works? The most glaring aspect of this is the complicit main stream media that absolutely refuses to call out Obama on anything gone wrong. They are lap dogs for White House press releases and plant stories.

You realize even 6% is historically pretty good. And that was high mark of Bush's tenure.
So obviously job growth was fine under Bush and all the screaming about off-shoring is coming from people with very short memories.

Actualy, the high point was 7.8 when he left. and the economy was bleeding jobs at that point.

And, yes, the offshoring is a problem. Replacing good paying union jobs with benefits with jobs at Wal Mart without benefits isn't an improvement, it's a step back.

But I never understood the fixation with factory jobs. WHo the hell wants to work in a factory?

I work in a factory, and I rather enjoy it. Mind you, I'm in the office, but I go down to the line pretty often to make sure things are going well.

If you don't understand why we need manufacturing capability, then I can only conclude you are some kind of high-functioning retard or something.
Walmart employees actually have pretty good benefits. Better than most private sector companies.
Union membership is at an all time low and shows no signs of ever returning to the high pct. of the 60's when union membership in the private sector was over 30%...it's 7% now.
SO the disappearance of "good union work" has had little to do with it.
In fact it is unions that helped push work to other countries...
BTW, there are about 1 million jobs being done in other countries that would have been done here. And half of those are entry level service jobs such as call center work.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offshoring...Note the figure of 1% which represents to total percentage of jobs that could be done on American soil that are done elsewhere..
Now for a different perspective here is an editorial, not a news article, but an opinion piece from The Offshoring of American Jobs: An Economic Catastrophe in the Making?...
Now in the first few paragraphs you'll see the alarmist tone of the piece "millions and millions and millions of jobs".....Now please. Oh and the writer goes on to say these are "high paying jobs"...No they are not....Most again are entry level or low skill jobs that pay low wages.
I would say through my research the most hard hit of all industries where high skills are needed is in the IT industry. I think one in four IT jobs is done overseas.
IT is an occupation where a point of presence ( POP) is not necessary. IT work does not even require an office. IT people can work from anywhere there is a secure internet connection available.
One thing the pro union crowd and the anti profit crowd fails to mention is the number of foreign owned companies that have located right here in the USA that hire and employ AMERICAN workers.
In some liberal circles those jobs "don't count"..Why? The left claims, " the profits go offshore"...What does the left care about profits anyway. According to the libs profit is evil..
And of course we get down the real issue....The Left does not like foreign companies in the US because they refuse to bargain with organized labor...
Good union work...Please....

Completely Bogus Crap.

Because the BLS unemployment stats DO NOT include those people who are not working and have either given up or have exhausted their unemployment benefits. As far as the BLS is concerned those people no longer exist for purposes of coming up with a percentage of unemployed people..
The government unemployment numbers are bogus.

From the OP's Link

Even with the positive report, stubborn problems remain. Some 5.6 million Americans — 42.5 percent of the unemployed — have been jobless for more than six months, a figure that was unchanged in December.

Also, minority joblessness remained at catastrophic levels: The black unemployment rate was 15.8 percent in December, and the jobless rate for Hispanics was 11 percent.

yep things are just Peachy.

15% true Un and under employment, the Lowest % of American Employed in a Century, Millions not counted because they ran out of Benefits.

Yep things are doing just great, and it only cost about a Trillion dollars in Stimulus. Woot.

Hope N Change is Awesome.

(which is always wrong)

I'm not going to go dig for you.......

You go dig for yourself...

I'm not your fucking teacher...

If you paid me I would give you a fantastic presentation..

If you're fucking interested then you can do the math....

You wont even know where to start.....

Here I'll be charitable..

Unemployment Rate = Number of Unemployed / Total Labor Force
Nah, you're just a fucking liar. The numbers you posted don't appear on the BLS website. I already posted the numbers from their site, along with links to their site, and their numbers don't match yours. Truth be told, that's the real reason you won't post them.

:cool:

In 2010 the country vigorously rejected Obamanomics and the Democratic rule and restored the House to a Republican majority. The GOP blocked any further plans of the Left. This lead to a drop in unemployment as companies were more confident they would not be facing any more big costs.

What happened to your Rick Perry avatar? Are we to listen to someone who would back such a man even when you have deserted him?

Forum List

Back