U.S. Capitol Police to Be Sued for $10 Million for Killing Unarmed Rioter

She probably walked in through the open front door.
No need to speculate. We know she tried to climb through a smashed window of a barricaded door. That's not being "let in". That's the exact opposite.
it's looting.
View attachment 485640
Looting, that’s legal
I see your problem....you think looting is legal.
All mayors said so, not me

Looting is legal when it is part of a justified protest.
The wealthy control the laws and police, so the only way to change the system when it is broken is by making it cost the wealthy.
(That is assuming all other means of change have been tried and failed.)
I didn’t know there were unjustified protests

Sure there are unjustified protests.
For example, a protest to keep civil war, confederate monuments.
A union riot for wages higher than reasonable.
A cross burning to keep people from living in certain neighborhoods.
A lynching over a Black male looking at a white woman too much.

Oh just stop with this crap, Freaky. Walked In??? Please. They overran it.
I get it Jack that you are a child of limited mental ability that you can't even build yourself a garage so I'll try to take it slow for you:
Walked in? You bet. After the initial few forced their way in with some help from the guards, the other 95% did indeed WALK THE FUCK IN. Once you break into a place, it is broken in and others don't have to KEEP breaking in, Jack.

Waving the Confederate flag in the Rotunda. Sheesh.
People are free to wave any damn flag they want, Jack. Immaterial here, just as you are.

It's poison. It's cancer. It's bile and hatred.
Sorry to hear of your ongoing family problems. Hope you find a good witch-doctor or whatever you use to treat it.

Why would I build a garage myself when I can pay a professional to do it? You really need some new material here, Freaky. You're getting stale.
The Confederate flag is the flag of traitors...which now that you say it..makes perfect sense for the idiots who stormed the Capitol that day to wave.
They broke in, ransacked offices, assaulted police officers, and bragged about it on social media...why? Because they thought they were going to get away with it.

We will burn every city down unless they win!

At least we’ll learn the name of the murderer.

Key words in this article are "plans" to sue them. Also "within the next 10 days" to file a lawsuit.
This interview was given by the family's lawyer...who can speculate all he wants. It don't make it truth. :)
Big hill to climb to get this kind of judgement..even civil-wise.

She was participating in an insurrection that she as a military veteran should have known was wrong and contrary to the oath she took.
My guess??...settlement for a paltry amount vs the amount her family's hotshot lawyer is demanding.
And George Floyd shouldn't have been a life long long criminal passing counterfeit money around
and resisting arrest and ingesting massive amounts of drugs but look at the jackpot his family
got out of Minneapolis.

Your guess isn't worth diddly squat and it's colored by your hate for Ashli Babbitt and the people
who legitimately didn't like the way our election was subverted by the leftist scum who
flooded the Trump rally with thugs looking to give the president a black eye....
with which they could then use their kangaroo court to end his political career, they hope.

Mustang is correct though that the Kent State demonstrators not only had real justification the DC protestors did not have, but the Kent State demonstrators did not loot. The DC protestors did loot
Explain the difference

Kent State demonstrators were right about 3 million innocent Vietnamese being murdered because they wanted Ho Chi Minh to be their president, after he heroically liberated the country from the French.
The DC demonstrators we wrong about the election being stolen.

Kent State demonstrators did not enter buildings, loot, or harm anyone.
DC demonstrators did enter buildings, steal, and smash things.

I think in neither case was deadly shots justified. But Kent State was a much better class of demonstrators.
More educated, legally justified, and less violent.

If you can shoot demonstrators for what others might later do
Well yeah. Take a step back. Say a person points a gun at your head. You can shoot them because they’re about to shoot you. They haven’t, but they might do it.

Pointing a gun at your head is not just a sign of deadly intent, but is illegal "conduct regardless of life".
That is because guns easily go off by accident.
Doesn't matter if they never intended to shoot even.
The act of reckless endangerment forfeits their right to life.

So intent and what they might do has nothing to do with it.

There is nothing remotely harmful by Ashli's conduct that required shooting.
Well then let's walk it back even further. Let's say that instead of a gun, someone is lifting a bat above their head and running towards you. You would be justified in shooting them as their intent and immediate threat to your life is clear.

If you can shoot demonstrators for what others might later do
Well yeah. Take a step back. Say a person points a gun at your head. You can shoot them because they’re about to shoot you. They haven’t, but they might do it.
If a person points a gun at your head you can probably shoot them and claim self-defence. But if someone points a gun at your head you won't get by with shooting someone else who is unarmed and not pointing a gun at you. And that appears to be what happened in this case.

She probably walked in through the open front door.
No need to speculate. We know she tried to climb through a smashed window of a barricaded door. That's not being "let in". That's the exact opposite.
it's looting.
View attachment 485640
Looting, that’s legal
I see your problem....you think looting is legal.
All mayors said so, not me

Looting is legal when it is part of a justified protest.
The wealthy control the laws and police, so the only way to change the system when it is broken is by making it cost the wealthy.
(That is assuming all other means of change have been tried and failed.)
I didn’t know there were unjustified protests

Sure there are unjustified protests.
For example, a protest to keep civil war, confederate monuments.
A union riot for wages higher than reasonable.
A cross burning to keep people from living in certain neighborhoods.
A lynching over a Black male looking at a white woman too much.
How’s that unjustified?

I get it Jack that you are a child of limited mental ability that you can't even build yourself a garage so I'll try to take it slow for you:
Walked in? You bet. After the initial few forced their way in with some help from the guards, the other 95% did indeed WALK THE FUCK IN. Once you break into a place, it is broken in and others don't have to KEEP breaking in, Jack.

People are free to wave any damn flag they want, Jack. Immaterial here, just as you are.

Sorry to hear of your ongoing family problems. Hope you find a good witch-doctor or whatever you use to treat it.

Why would I build a garage myself when I can pay a professional to do it? You really need some new material here, Freaky. You're getting stale.
The Confederate flag is the flag of traitors...which now that you say it..makes perfect sense for the idiots who stormed the Capitol that day to wave.
They broke in, ransacked offices, assaulted police officers, and bragged about it on social media...why? Because they thought they were going to get away with it.

I always build my own garage because it saves 75% of the cost or more.
The confederates were not traitors because they were right that all states do legally have the right of secession when federation import laws become abusive.
The fact they were pro-slavery is a separate issue where I disagree with them, but it was the north that caused any slavery in the colonies to be possible in the first place.

While I disagree with the DC protestors, they were not invading private grounds, but public buildings they had a right to access.

Key words in this article are "plans" to sue them. Also "within the next 10 days" to file a lawsuit.
This interview was given by the family's lawyer...who can speculate all he wants. It don't make it truth. :)

She was participating in an insurrection that she as a military veteran should have known was wrong and contrary to the oath she took.
My guess??...settlement for a paltry amount vs the amount her family's hotshot lawyer is demanding.
And George Floyd shouldn't have been a life long long criminal passing counterfeit money around
and resisting arrest and ingesting massive amounts of drugs but look at the jackpot his family
got out of Minneapolis.

Your guess isn't worth diddly squat and it's colored by your hate for Ashli Babbitt and the people
who legitimately didn't like the way our election was subverted by the leftist scum who
flooded the Trump rally with thugs looking to give the president a black eye....
with which they could then use their kangaroo court to end his political career, they hope.

Sure, Floyd should have gotten pinched for passing funny money. But die for it? Put on the ground with his hands cuffed behind his back while the cop had his knee on his neck (sorry,not his back) for over 9 minutes?...ah..no. Not under any circumstance.
George Floyd wasn't committing treason. He wasn't storming the Capitol because he didn't like the results of the election...or the thought that Democrats ate baby flesh. :)

Ashli Babbitt died from her own terminal stupidity. And the fact she was there because of a lie. Sad for a veteran. There is and was no evidence of widespread fraud in the election. I don't why you keep beating on this. It only damages your party's chances of recovering next year and in 2024. My guess is Babbitt's lawyer will settle with the Capitol Police..only because it makes no sense to go to court for a long, protracted battle.

Kent State demonstrators were right about 3 million innocent Vietnamese being murdered because they wanted Ho Chi Minh to be their president, after he heroically liberated the country from the French.

I think in neither case was deadly shots justified. But Kent State was a much better class of demonstrators.
Your personal claim that the presidential election was NOT stolen is your opinion and countered
by much evidence gathered and presented already. The fact is judges would not hear the claims
in lawsuits and if judges are bought off you really have no avenue to pursue your case.

There is also ample evidence that those people smashing through doors and windows and
and battling with cops were not actually Trump supporters but agent provocateurs used to
give the Trump campaign a black eye...one of the oldest means of smearing a political
campaign there is.

Why would I build a garage myself when I can pay a professional to do it?
Obviously to save money, idiot. You'd know that if you didn't have to hire someone to sweep your driveway. You can BUILD a garage yourself for $2000 vs. paying a contractor $20,000. But the fact that you don't have a garage means you are both skill-less and poor. We get that. Just keep doing what the wife tells you and park under that tree.

The Confederate flag is the flag of traitors...
Maybe to the north, so does that mean the American Flag is the flag of traitors to the British?
You really need to get a little education, Jack. The Confederate Flag is the flag of the Confederacy--- a group of states that so much disagreed with the direction of the rest of the country, they were willing to break off and go their own way, but instead of just letting them do it, the northern Yanks went to war killing thousands trying to hold onto the land.

They broke in, ransacked offices, assaulted police officers, and bragged about it on social media...why?
It'll be far worse the next time there is ever another stolen election by the Left, too cowardly to even admit to their crime.

got out of Minneapolis.

George Floyd was not a model citizens, but did nothing to harm others except one home invasion 40 years before.
He was not a career criminal from what we know. He should not have been arrested even.

I always build my own garage because it saves 75% of the cost or more.
The confederates were not traitors because they were right that all states do legally have the right of secession when federation import laws become abusive.
The fact they were pro-slavery is a separate issue where I disagree with them, but it was the north that caused any slavery in the colonies to be possible in the first place.

While I disagree with the DC protestors, they were not invading private grounds, but public buildings they had a right to access.

Good for you. I wish I had been blessed with those building and carpentry skills. Those who can..do. Those who can't..pay other people to do it. :)
The Confederates were traitors. End of story. The people storming the Capitol on January 6th were participating in an insurrection. End of story.

Time to move on. :)

Your personal claim that the presidential election was NOT stolen is your opinion and countered
by much evidence gathered and presented already. The fact is judges would not hear the claims
in lawsuits and if judges are bought off you really have no avenue to pursue your case.

There is also ample evidence that those people smashing through doors and windows and
and battling with cops were not actually Trump supporters but agent provocateurs used to
give the Trump campaign a black eye...one of the oldest means of smearing a political
campaign there is.

Good points.
I disagree, but have no proof.

They should sue old "Trumpybear" the fascist instigator, for using known lies to incite her and the crowd to fight and combat the EC vote Count in Congress. She was only doing what he told her to do.

Her blood is on his hands.

They should sue old "Trumpybear" the fascist instigator, for using known lies to incite her and the crowd to fight and combat the EC vote Count in Congress. She was only doing what he told her to do.

Her blood is on his hands.
huh?

you all crack me up. No shit, the lack of honesty in your being is amazing. to make such a statement after all the looting and riots from the antifa BLM protests. Oh, no's no's, those looters weren't part of the protesters, then you make that statement. must really suck to be you!!!!
Looting is not protesting.

Ashlii Babbitt was DEFINITELY part of the protest which became a riot.

A riot for Trump.
what's the difference sylvester?
You don't know the difference between a protest and a riot? I see the problem here.
The clean up operation from the Washington "riot" involved fixing a broken window and picking up discarded cigarrette butts.
And all the poop and urine the trump cultists left in the Capitol.
Was in port a potties
Not inside the Capitol....your buddies pooped and pee'd all over the Capitol. Rioters left feces, urine in hallways and offices during mobbing of US Capitol

Don't you cultists know how to use a restroom?
Maybe the members of Congress actually shit on the floors like they shit on us and it was uncovered by the looters
Suuuuuure......you'll defend your defecating friends all day long, won't you? Maybe you could use your time more wisely teaching them how to use a restroom.

Oh man - I SO wish them luck proving that shooting a Q-Kook climbing through a busted out window during a violent insurrection is worth 10 mil.
As Zog says: "As usual lawyers end up making money. Sad."
Put me in that camp.

And I'd have shot the traitor too!
She was directly outside House Chamber and had bragged about "Storming the Capitol"
Looting you mean, that’s not illegal, can’t shoot looters
Again...you are saying that looting is legal. I see one of your problems, hun.

got out of Minneapolis.

George Floyd was not a model citizens, but did nothing to harm others except one home invasion 40 years before.
He was not a career criminal from what we know. He should not have been arrested even.
stealing from people harms people. or do you have a different take on that? Buying illegal drugs has been shown to hurt others, so how does he escape those?

Forum List

Back