U.S. House Adopts 'Sue The Saudis' 9/11 Bill...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
:clap::clap::clap:Finally, the U.S. Congress doing something that matters. It's time to seriously question our Government's close relationship with Saudi Arabia.

Saudis behind 9/11

The US House of Representatives has passed a bill allowing Americans to sue Saudi Arabia over 9/11, days before the attack’s 15th anniversary.

The measure passed without objection or opposition, but the White House is threatening a veto.

House Resolution 3815, also known as the “Justice Against Sponsors of Terrorism Act” or JASTA, creates an exception to sovereign immunity created by a 1976 law, thus allowing US citizens to sue foreign countries for terrorism that kills Americans on US soil. The law has been invoked to shield Saudi Arabia from lawsuits over the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.

Fifteen out of 19 men who hijacked commercial airliners and used them as missiles to target the World Trade Center and the Pentagon were subjects of the Saudi kingdom...

More:
US House adopts ’Sue the Saudis’ 9/11 bill

see, with our unpopular congress, even a blind pig roots up an acorn every now and then.

I hope we can afford losing all the suits we're liable for. You do remember what we did to Iraq for no good reason, right?
what we did to iraq ? there we're so many good reasons, but people forget, or abandon their principles and values.

historically or politically there is no value in defending saddam hussein, or his sons.

Last edited:
I can't believe I am doing this but I am actually standing up for Barry. He had a very valid point when he suggested that if US citizens are allowed to sue other nations for innocents being killed then it is very likely that other nations will begin to sue the US every time Obama's personal drone assassination program kills an innocent or every time an innocent is killed by a gun Barry gave to a Mexican Drug Cartel.

:clap::clap::clap:Finally, the U.S. Congress doing something that matters. It's time to seriously question our Government's close relationship with Saudi Arabia.

Saudis behind 9/11

The US House of Representatives has passed a bill allowing Americans to sue Saudi Arabia over 9/11, days before the attack’s 15th anniversary.

The measure passed without objection or opposition, but the White House is threatening a veto.

House Resolution 3815, also known as the “Justice Against Sponsors of Terrorism Act” or JASTA, creates an exception to sovereign immunity created by a 1976 law, thus allowing US citizens to sue foreign countries for terrorism that kills Americans on US soil. The law has been invoked to shield Saudi Arabia from lawsuits over the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.

Fifteen out of 19 men who hijacked commercial airliners and used them as missiles to target the World Trade Center and the Pentagon were subjects of the Saudi kingdom...

More:
You're so stupid for applauding this.

Saudi Arabia, as a sovereign can just swat down any law suit like a fly, making the Republican Congress appear STUPID.

I can't believe I am doing this but I am actually standing up for Barry. He had a very valid point when he suggested that if US citizens are allowed to sue other nations for innocents being killed then it is very likely that other nations will begin to sue the US every time Obama's personal drone assassination program kills an innocent or every time an innocent is killed by a gun Barry gave to a Mexican Drug Cartel.
12819198_f520.jpg

Saudi Arabia, like the US, can just tell anyone suing them to "GO FUCK YOURSELF".

Something the Republicans are apparently too stupid to understand.

This goes back to the earliest statehoods of the Westphalian system.

Kings do not need to suffer the law, because they ARE THE LAW.

Today, modern King's authority, or magistracy resides with the State...and thus the State is the Sovereign.

Again, something Republicans are too fucking stupid to understand.

I hope we can afford losing all the suits we're liable for. You do remember what we did to Iraq for no good reason, right?
what we did to iraq ? there we're so many good reasons, but people forget, or abandon their principles and values.

historically or politically there is no value in defending saddam hussein, or his sons.
There is a value...more people died due to the invasion, more lives were ruined, than simply accepting Saddam and improving his position in the world.

What-ever happened to Reagan's philosophy that Dictatorships more often peacefully become Democracies than Communist Revolutions?

Or was all that just cold-war bullshit to justify supporting Dictatorships?

You republicans are fucking despicable warmongering lying garbage.

Saudi Arabia, like the US, can just tell anyone suing them to "GO FUCK YOURSELF".

Today, modern King's authority, or magistracy resides with the State...and thus the State is the Sovereign.

Obama is threatening the Veto, not the GOP!

Saudis behind 9/11

More:

Just a dog and pony show. The same House has also pushed through so many bills the last two decades making it impossible for 'little people' to ever collect judgments they win so it's a meaningless propaganda ploy. Lawyers are scum for the most part, and there is no longer a real recourse to justice for any except the well off now, so forget getting a dime out of the vermin in real life. there is no way to collect, except for some 80% to 99% of a much much smaller 'settlement' ending up in some lawyers' pockets.

Obama is threatening the Veto, not the GOP!
The Veto is the right choice of action to prevent America embarrassing itself.

What does the world think of a nation that says "we allow our citizens to sue other nations..."

Maybe the Republicans should read their own fucking Constitution first.

There are important ground-rules for suing a nation and the first and foremost is the nation decides whether or not you can sue it.

Forum List

Back