U.S. takes fight to ISIS

The VOR

Gold Member
May 8, 2011
President Obama just keeps mowing them down!

Abu Sayyaf key ISIS figure in Syria killed in U.S. raid - CNN.com

"Secretary Ash Carter said he had ordered the raid at the direction of President Barack Obama. All the U.S. troops involved returned safely."

This is how an unpatriotic nutter would interpret the statement above:
Despite president ebola pleading with US troops not to touch a hair on any of the isis commander's heads, the Army's Delta Force takes out a key isis commander.

President Obama just keeps mowing them down!

Abu Sayyaf key ISIS figure in Syria killed in U.S. raid - CNN.com

"Secretary Ash Carter said he had ordered the raid at the direction of President Barack Obama. All the U.S. troops involved returned safely."

This is how an unpatriotic nutter would interpret the statement above:
Despite president ebola pleading with US troops not to touch a hair on any of the isis commander's heads, the Army's Delta Force takes out a key isis commander.

Yes it is so successful that the ISIS recruit numbers are going up..

Why ISIS is luring so many Americans - CNNPolitics.com

Obama is worse than Carter and this proof why the far left should never be in charge of anything dealing with politics.

As I said (and you ignored) in my thread on the same subject, your article was from Sept. 2014. That was when people were first even hearing about ISIS. Since then we have accomplished many victories, and halted ISIS's advances. Now... ignore what I said again.
Actually, you may have missed my post on the other thread about ISIS moving a lot of their operations to Syria and the gains they're making there (and yes, it's recent). Also, considering the GAINS ISIS is making in Anbar Province, it looks like they may be just changing location.....

Why did you run off without addressing those issues on that thread, then pop back up here with the same old tired line?

I understand some people dislike Obama enough to ignore our victories, but there is no reason to. You don't have to praise Obama. I'm certainly not. Praise our military commanders. Praise the Kurds and Iraqi security forces. Quit being such partisan tools.

I understand some people dislike Obama enough to ignore our victories, but there is no reason to. You don't have to praise Obama. I'm certainly not. Praise our military commanders. Praise the Kurds and Iraqi security forces. Quit being such partisan tools.

You mean all the Bush haters that did the same thing from 2003 to 2009?

I actually think the military is doing all that Obama will allow them to do, and I have nothing but the utmost respect for our men and women in uniform. As a matter of fact, I'm a veteran myself.

I just disagree with the way Obama is trying to run a war. Half-hearted attempts and retreat for political purposes is the real show of disrespect for our military, especially after Obama threw away the gains they had made in Iraq and turned it over to ISIS.

As I said (and you ignored) in my thread on the same subject, your article was from Sept. 2014. That was when people were first even hearing about ISIS. Since then we have accomplished many victories, and halted ISIS's advances. Now... ignore what I said again.
Actually, you may have missed my post on the other thread about ISIS moving a lot of their operations to Syria and the gains they're making there (and yes, it's recent). Also, considering the GAINS ISIS is making in Anbar Province, it looks like they may be just changing location.....

Why did you run off without addressing those issues on that thread, then pop back up here with the same old tired line?

I received no alerts that any new posts were made in that thread. I figured my thread failed... as many of them do. :(

On topic, we were told from the beginning that this operation could take years.We have had huge gains and losses, just as ISIS has. It's okay to celebrate small victories.

I received no alerts that any new posts were made in that thread. I figured my thread failed... as many of them do. :(

On topic, we were told from the beginning that this operation could take years.We have had huge gains and losses, just as ISIS has. It's okay to celebrate small victories.

Wrong! The failure of Obama is trying to do it on the cheap. Even Clinton did not do it on the cheap in Kosovo.

But only a partisan hack would believe in the going it cheap route.

Halted their advancements? Umm where are you getting your news?

Nobody knew what they were dealing with in the Summer of 2014. ISIS took advantage of that to make a lightning fast advance through Syria and Iraq. Once a large part of the first world started attacks on them they have gained very little ground. Ramadi was their most significant victory in months. On the other hand, the Kurds and U.S. coalition have accomplished significant victories in areas like Kobani and Tikrit.

It's hard to celebrate victories in a war of choice that never should have happened. Especially when it created the power vacuum ISIS took advantage of.

It's hard to celebrate victories in a war of choice that never should have happened. Especially when it created the power vacuum ISIS took advantage of.

Yes many partisan hacks say such things..

Here is s clue for all the partisan hacks out there.

The group know as IS (what they are official called now) was actually formed by a Jordanian back in 1999.

So this group started under Clinton and was allowed to flourish under Obama after the horrid cut and run strategy to appease the fringe elements of his party. Yes he may have brought the troops home to win the election, but at the cost of that political maneuver.

If all lives matter, then they matter regardless of the area they live in..

Like it or not, its been President Obama who has gone after and killed many terrorists, including ISIS. If not for him, there would be no coalition of 60+ countries, all working together.

Thank you, Mr President.

The group know as IS (what they are official called now) was actually formed by a Jordanian back in 1999.

So this group started under Clinton and was allowed to flourish under Obama after the horrid cut and run strategy to appease the fringe elements of his party. Yes he may have brought the troops home to win the election, but at the cost of that political maneuver.

So, it was created under Clinton, flourished under Obama, but the 8 years in between are ignored? You are such a tool. :lol:

Next week obumble will need another headline and the same guy will be killed all over again.

[QUOTE="aaronleland, post: 11410829, member: 37250]

It's hard to celebrate victories in a war of choice that never should have happened. Especially when it created the power vacuum ISIS took advantage of.[/QUOTE]
Actually, I'll agree with you that the war in Iraq was a mistake, but BOTH parties supported it, based on flawed intelligence (and yes, Congress can get access to the same Intel the President has). And once it began, we had to deal with it.

But you have to bear in mind that our troops had Al Qaeda in Iraq on the ropes when Obama and the Democrats pulled our troops out (for political gain). That allowed Al Qaeda in Iraq to morph into ISIS, grow in strength, and seize all of that up-to-date equipment (including TANKS).
Now, if our troops have to go back in (and they undoubtedly will, especially in light of Obama's lackadaisical attempts to defeat ISIS so far), the price in blood that it will cost our troops has gone way up. THAT is the real disrespect to our troops here.

Do I support the brave men and women who put their lives on the line for us? HELL, YES!!!

Do I support those who hold our military in such contempt that their sacrifices mean nothing but a route to power, without regard for the blood of our troops? HELL, NO!!!!

So, it was created under Clinton, flourished under Obama, but the 8 years in between are ignored? You are such a tool. :lol:

Only a tool like you would ignore the facts. Just goes to show that you are the real tool!

Forum List

Back