🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

UAE a leader in English education

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
It's great when you can speak and read in another language. I envy people who are able to speak several foreign languages. In the U.S., popular language courses are Mandarin and Arabic.

Roberta Pennington

August 16, 2015 Updated: August 17, 2015 09:16 AM

DUBAI // The UAE has the highest number of English medium international schools – institutions where the language of instruction is English – in the world, according to the UK-based International School Consultancy (ISC).

In countries where English is not the official language, the UAE has 511 English medium schools, ahead of China (480), Pakistan (439), India (411) and Saudi Arabia (245).

“What many consulting groups are saying is that the two most attractive industries in the UAE for investors are education and health care,” said Alison Burrows, managing director and co-founder of the KDSL Education consultancy firm.

Continue reading at:
UAE a leader in English education The National

It's great when you can speak and read in another language. I envy people who are able to speak several foreign languages. In the U.S., popular language courses are Mandarin and Arabic.

Roberta Pennington

DUBAI // The UAE has the highest number of English medium international schools – institutions where the language of instruction is English – in the world, according to the UK-based International School Consultancy (ISC).

In countries where English is not the official language, the UAE has 511 English medium schools, ahead of China (480), Pakistan (439), India (411) and Saudi Arabia (245).

“What many consulting groups are saying is that the two most attractive industries in the UAE for investors are education and health care,” said Alison Burrows, managing director and co-founder of the KDSL Education consultancy firm.

Continue reading at:

Language should be a part of pre-k up. Learning to speak english clearly is important as well, not some regional extraction

Roberta Pennington

Continue reading at:

Language should be a part of pre-k up. Learning to speak english clearly is important as well, not some regional extraction

I agree, Aris. A child is very adept at picking up another language than an older person. As for regional dialects, that is much harder for people to overcome if they have lived in a region for a number of years. Would you believe I still say on line for standing in line because that was the way it was said while I was growing up in New York City..

Forum List

Back