Ugly Words: Ted Nugent For Mitt Romney

Ted is entitled to his opinions.

Why is there any alleged duty for anybody to express "outrage" at it?

EDIT:

Ah. I see now. He spoke metaphorically about cutting the heads off.

And this is supposed to cause alarm?

Because we have to presume that Ted was being literal?

My wife is pretty far right. She hates Obama with a passion. SHe said he shouldn't have said it: that it sounds like a threat.

correct less outrage for Nugent than for the poor lady who lost her son and picketed Bush outside of Waco. I do not even recall her threatening the presidents life.

Or Jane Fonda?

Hillary Clinton?

Bill Mahr?

It might help if you had posted what he said like a lot of people I tend to watch CNN I don't really follow Ted.

there's a link in followup to the o/p. :D

And also like an 85 page thread on it already.

I just saw the other thread... it was a Lahkota thread for crying out loud. No one should be expected to read those and I mean no one!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/218811-ugly-words-ted-nugent-for-mitt-romney.html

At least that is one of those threads... who knows how many are out there?

Immie

I'll be sitting in section "C" (those are the cheap seats..hehe) at the Greek in a few weeks when he, along with REO Speedwagon and Styx come to LA. Shut up and play yer guitar Ted...

Last edited:

correct less outrage for Nugent than for the poor lady who lost her son and picketed Bush outside of Waco. I do not even recall her threatening the presidents life.

Or Jane Fonda?

Hillary Clinton?

Bill Mahr?

You missed my edit, number 1.

Number 2: you (like jillian did in her OP) fail to make clear wtf you are alluding to.

Number 3: What is it about the use of a figure of speech that is supposed to persuade me that I must express outrage and alarm? I mean, are we now supposed to assume that Ted was being literal? Is there ANY basis to think so?

EDIT:

Ah. I see now. He spoke metaphorically about cutting the heads off.

And this is supposed to cause alarm?

Because we have to presume that Ted was being literal?

My wife is pretty far right. She hates Obama with a passion. SHe said he shouldn't have said it: that it sounds like a threat.

Fair enough. I would say that it was a piss-poor figure of speech. But I still doubt he was talking literally.

Or Jane Fonda?

Hillary Clinton?

Bill Mahr?

Number 2: you (like jillian did in her OP) fail to make clear wtf you are alluding to.

Number 3: What is it about the use of a figure of speech that is supposed to persuade me that I must express outrage and alarm? I mean, are we now supposed to assume that Ted was being literal? Is there ANY basis to think so?

You don't have to be alarmed. Just say he shouldn't have said it.

Becki, that made no sense.

The White House, however, was keen on letting the remark slide by.

“We can’t be policing the statements of supporters across the board,” White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said, dismissing the chances of a call from the president to ask Romney to condemn Nugent’s remarks.

Glad to hear it.

Ted Nugent sparks controversy, calls for decapitation of Democrats - latimes.com

Y'all are really working over time to make a simple this is my line in the sand comment into he's going to kill a junior senator obama. Jesus fucking Christ some of you people if you are not insane you are coming close to crossing over that line.

It might help if you had posted what he said like a lot of people I tend to watch CNN I don't really follow Ted.

Uhh that would be post number two in the thread... :lol:

He actually said when obama was a junior Senator in a democratic controlled congress when the economy started to die. which is old news.

Now he's in the news for some more recent comments...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ted-nugent-for-mitt-romney-2.html#post5138952

Or Jane Fonda?

Hillary Clinton?

Bill Mahr?

I aint alarmed.

Ted should have used a different figure of speech so as not to unduly faux alarm so many liberals.

Is it really hard to believe that Obama would kill or imprison poltiical opposition if reelected? Men in power have been doing exactly that for thousands of years. It speaks amazingly well of the system our Founders established that this nation hasnt been doing that for any prolong period of time.

It's hard to believe you would say something that insane.

I aint alarmed.

Ted should have used a different figure of speech so as not to unduly faux alarm so many liberals.

Why? He said nothing wrong.

Nugent apologists are pretty funny.

yeah he said it but I am sure he really did not mean it :D

Darned good thing he did not mention 57 states.
Or use a teleprompter.

Last edited:
why would I not admit it, he was not wacko when I bought them.
He became NRAized later.

He's so crazy, its easy to forget that he wasn't always cooked on drugs and booze, and what he calls "freedom".

Don't let it get around but when I was much younger and much more naive than I am now, I was a member of the NRA. I wouldn't give them the time of day now and if the rw's want an "enemy of the state", they need look no further than them.

Yep same here I was a member of the NRA back when they focused on gun safety and such. Before they become an arm of the RNC.

I quit a shooting/hunting club becuase the TP types took over and wanted to make NRA membership a condition of belonging to the club.

Used to be a good place with politics being banned from meetings and such.

And they’ve only gotten worse since Heller/McDonald, they realized their great legal victory and now don’t know what to do with themselves.

Repeated threats to the president of the United States, made over a period of several years (since the prez was a senator) are and should be taken seriously. They always have been and always should be.

Especially when made by someone who is addicted to violence (he shoots everything and anything that happens to cross in front of him) and who has shown he is more than willing to use violence (he shoots everything and anything that happens to cross in front of him).

Except for those little details and a life committed to shooting everything and anything that happens to cross in front of him, I'd say he's just a big mouth attached to a tiny brain and a non-existent penis.

IOW, he's a sick little twitch.

Like I said, I would defend his right to mouth off but I also don't much want to see our president murdered because some other sick little twitch listens to and idolizes Ted Nugent.

about what the psycho ted nugent said about the president of the united states and USSC?

just wondering where all the incensed people are who were soooooooo busily distorting what was said by one person about anne romney.

seems to me someone who says they will be dead or in jail if the president is re-elected should be shunned by anyone with any kind of decency...

instead your presidential candidate wants his endorsement???

and you have the chutzpah to complain about one misspeak by someone who doesn't even work for the president?

lol..

The same place my outrage is for the misc. bullshit Rush spews.

Non-existent-land.

They're both insignificant to me.

:eusa_shhh:

Repeated threats to the president of the United States, made over a period of several years (since the prez was a senator) are and should be taken seriously. They always have been and always should be.

Especially when made by someone who is addicted to violence (he shoots everything and anything that happens to cross in front of him) and who has shown he is more than willing to use violence (he shoots everything and anything that happens to cross in front of him).

Except for those little details and a life committed to shooting everything and anything that happens to cross in front of him, I'd say he's just a big mouth attached to a tiny brain and a non-existent penis.

IOW, he's a sick little twitch.

Like I said, I would defend his right to mouth off but I also don't much want to see our president murdered because some other sick little twitch listens to and idolizes Ted Nugent.

Stupid obama was not a president he was a junior senator at the time Ted made the line in the sand comment.

Forum List

Back