UK woman microwaves pet cat to death

Your experience and views regarding lobster are certainly valid, nevertheless, preparing food and using torture for punishment retribution or sadistic pleasure are hardly related.

Food preparation is one thing.

Idiots joking as they plunge lobsters into boiling water and doing their best to prolong their agony is not food preparation. That might be the end result but it's not something any sane person might be expected to condone. And certainly not approve.

The practice, in restaurants, is not uncommon.

How does your assertion square with this crazy woman who sought retribution or punishment for the kitten?

I am usually against death penalty but for people like this sick woman, I am willing to make an exception.

---

LONDON: In a horrific act of cruelty, a UK woman killed her pet cat by cooking it in a microwave because she thought it had eaten her goldfish.

Twenty-three-year-old Laura Cunliffe pleaded guilty to putting her four-month-old pet Mowgli in the microwave for five minutes after it apparently attacked her goldfish.

Cunliffe, from Hoyland, northern England, then removed the kitten from the appliance where the suffering animal was still alive.

The cat died about 90 minutes later after it was removed from the oven, 'Metro' reported.

The kitten had its internal organs cooked, a court heard. "The kitten was in a distressed state when Miss Cunliffe took it out of the oven," said Brian Orsborn, prosecuting for The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA).

"(It) could not get its breath and died about 90 minutes later," said Orsborn.

The report said Cunliffe will be sentenced next month after pleading guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to an animal.

UK woman microwaves pet cat to death - The Times of India

Nothing sickens me more than acts of cruelty against young children and animals.

This bitch should be thrown into a cage with a pack of hungry lions.

Let's throw her into a cage with "mean" cat and let them duke it out.....

normal_bad_cat.jpg

Please re-read the part about condoning.

No matter how much you attempt to make the act of preparing food for human consumption equal to the act of a crazy woman who sought retribution or punishment for the kitten by placing it in a microwave it is not going to happen. No reasonably prudent person can say those two acts are the same.

Your experience and views regarding lobster are certainly valid, nevertheless, preparing food and using torture for punishment retribution or sadistic pleasure are hardly related.

Food preparation is one thing.

Idiots joking as they plunge lobsters into boiling water and doing their best to prolong their agony is not food preparation. That might be the end result but it's not something any sane person might be expected to condone. And certainly not approve.

The practice, in restaurants, is not uncommon.

Henry, I had no idea that lobsters felt pain. This story is disturbing and I'm never going to eat lobster again. I rarely do but this story does it for me. I do not think any creature should suffer like that. I remember living near a lake as a kid and seeing my brothers with brim they'd caught - thrown in a small bucket. I told them I'd pay them five dollars to toss the bucket back in the pond. They did and I didn't have the five dollars. I had told a lie but under the circumstances I thought the fish would die if left in that bucket. ( they weren't going to eat those fish ) They were really angry with me afterwards and I think eventually I did get the money and give it to them.

I remember a neighbors kid who stuffed a tiny lizards mouth with sand and put him on a metal slide in the hot sun. I was so horrified over the sight of that I thought I'd faint. There is something very warped about any person enjoying the suffering of an animal, bug, whatever.. also people who think they are justified in "punishing" an animal like this girl who microwaved a kitten. It's a sign of a very twisted, dangerous mind in my opinion. She needs to be behind bars.

When boiling a live lobster the trick is to place the lobster in cold salted water and then put the water on to the hob. The slow increase in temperature causes the lobster to fall asleep just as any of us might do in the afternoon sun. By the time the temperature starts to reach levels in which a crustacian would feel pain the lobster is totally old cold and never feels a thing. It's humane and delicious.

Coming soon:

Death penalty for those convicted of boiling live lobsters.

If not, why not?

If the cat was used as a food source and this was the way to prepare it I may agree with you, however, you are way off base here.

The act of this woman was meant to cause pain and suffering to the kitten....:evil:

He has a point.

And it's pretty easy to kill a lobster quickly before you boil it. You can use a butcher knife to cut the brain in half.

Coming soon:

If not, why not?

If the cat was used as a food source and this was the way to prepare it I may agree with you, however, you are way off base here.

The act of this woman was meant to cause pain and suffering to the kitten....:evil:

He has a point.

And it's pretty easy to kill a lobster quickly before you boil it. You can use a butcher knife to cut the brain in half.

Food preparation is not the issue in the OP. No matter how the poster may try food prep and microwaving a kitten do not jibe there is a no nexus between them nor can he reconcile that. Should anyone find the process of food prep objectionable that is fine, but those are not in the issues presented by the OP.

I agree, Connery. I think the issue for me is why would someone be able to avoid a jail sentence for such a horrific act. It isn't the same as a speeding ticket. This is criminal behavior. imo. Someone else said this has happened before over there. They need to make tougher laws.

I agree, Connery. I think the issue for me is why would someone be able to avoid a jail sentence for such a horrific act. It isn't the same as a speeding ticket. This is criminal behavior. imo. Someone else said this has happened before over there. They need to make tougher laws.

I cannot agree more. This woman is a danger to society as far as I am concerned, she is unpredictable and sociopathic.

I am usually against death penalty but for people like this sick woman, I am willing to make an exception.

---

LONDON: In a horrific act of cruelty, a UK woman killed her pet cat by cooking it in a microwave because she thought it had eaten her goldfish.

Twenty-three-year-old Laura Cunliffe pleaded guilty to putting her four-month-old pet Mowgli in the microwave for five minutes after it apparently attacked her goldfish.

Cunliffe, from Hoyland, northern England, then removed the kitten from the appliance where the suffering animal was still alive.

The cat died about 90 minutes later after it was removed from the oven, 'Metro' reported.

The kitten had its internal organs cooked, a court heard. "The kitten was in a distressed state when Miss Cunliffe took it out of the oven," said Brian Orsborn, prosecuting for The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA).

The report said Cunliffe will be sentenced next month after pleading guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to an animal.

Not much different from the electric chair in America...it cooks you to death.
You fry and smell like cooking bacon.
Your eyes pop out and land on your chest.

The US state should be up before the court for sentencing, along with this cat torturing woman.

The US no longer uses the electric chair. How short people's memories are. I in no way support the death penalty in the US, but I abhor the self righteousness of people from the UK shaking their finger at the US over the death penalty. Your country used to behead and quarter people. Capital punishment was in effect in Great Britain until 1965. Not very long ago. Stop being so short sighted and self righteous. It just makes you look narrow minded, mean spirited and above all, stupid and foolish. Your country has a very, very bloody and vicious past, and not just at home but around the world. You have done far more injury to the world than the US has: 300 hundred years of an empire that decimated countless cultures, which butchered in various ways millions of people, that oppressed the people of Africa and Asia, and the list goes on and on. Brits are in no position whatever to look down their noses at America. None.

Last edited:

---

Not much different from the electric chair in America...it cooks you to death.
You fry and smell like cooking bacon.
Your eyes pop out and land on your chest.

The US state should be up before the court for sentencing, along with this cat torturing woman.

The US no longer uses the electric chair. How short people's memories are. I in no way support the death penalty in the US, but I abhor the self righteousness of people from the UK shaking their finger at the US over the death penalty. Your country used to behead and quarter people. Capital punishment was in effect in Great Britain until 1965. Not very long ago. Stop being so short sighted and self righteous. It just makes you look narrow minded, mean spirited and above all, stupid and foolish. Your country has a very, very bloody and vicious past, and not just at home but around the world. You have done far more injury to the world than the US has: 300 hundred years of an empire that decimated countless cultures, which butchered in various ways millions of people, that oppressed the people of Africa and Asia, and the list goes on and on. Brits are in no position whatever to look down their noses at America. None.

That was a very good post Esmeralda. When British started their immoral occupation of India, the GDP of India was 23% of the total world. By the time they left India, they had done so much damage to the entire nation that today India has become synonymous with poverty. They have long way to go before they can preach morality to anyone except for may be Chinese.

Coming soon:

If not, why not?

He has a point.

But what is the point? It's not like the Lobster is going to suffer in the boiling water...they have no central nervous system. And, better the lobster is cooked alive or risk killing the person eating it....by killing it before it is cooked.

The lobster must be cooked alive because the meat will spoil otherwise. For some, this may seem cruel, but the lobster lacks a central nervous system. So go ahead, cook the lobster and enjoy the sweet meat.

Some people may think it's cruel to cook a lobster alive. The lobster's brain is extremely small and it lacks a central nervous system. By the time the lobster is put into the water, there is no time for it to process pain before it dies. Lobsters must be cooked alive because bacteria will enter the meat quickly destroying it. There really is no alternative, for your own safety. Never eat a cooked lobster that has a curled tail. That means the lobster died before it was cooked.

Read more: Why are Lobsters Cooked Alive? | eHow

Forum List

Back