UN Expert says San Francisco reminds her of Indian slums

And that’s not Warren Indian being referred to. That’s slums of Bombay.

It's true S.F. and a lot of other cities right now need to rethink their policies. People are homeless primarily because they can't find anywhere affordable to live. Someone is getting rich off these people. The rich are not going to want solutions. That would take away some of their money.

How the fuck do you get rich off of homeless people?

Post a photograph of a slum in San Francisco, since I know all 49 sq. miles well, I can assure you this statement is a damn lie.

san francisco homeless - Yahoo Image Search Results

Homeless in San Francisco does not equate with slums.

Nothing in the photos you posted are equivalent to anything at all in The City of San Francisco:

photos of slums in baltimore - Google Search

photos of slums in atlanta - Google Search

photos of slums in East St. Louis - Google Search

San Francisco Is a Slum? Hardly.

This image in the google search shows Rio, not San Francisco

rocinha.jpg

Slums do not exist in SF, tent cities do. Many of those who sleep on streets, are FT employees who can't afford the rent in The City. City College, the local community college, has many students living in cars/vans and in tents. The City has begun to explore allowing cars to be parked overnight in the parking lots at the college, and providing toilets and security in the lots.

As for the homeless, usually drug or alcohol dependent, or mentally ill, plenty of resources are available, but you can't take a homeless person into custody and force them into treatment.
Compared to what SF was in the late 70's up to the late 80's, the entire city is a slum anymore. I no longer go back to SF, which is a shame as when we do travel to CA, My wife loved SF.

Not anymore.

What does this mean: "Compared to what SF was in the late 70's up to the late 80's, the entire city is a slum anymore."?

How to get rich off homeless people.

1.) Start a non-profit that uses church origins and refined theological methods of panhandling.

2.) Pull on the border-heart-strings of the hostage population for donations. One example in Wisconsin began in the 1980s and now has $7 million in assets. They are still panhandling today. Boycott and expose this pathology.

Post a photograph of a slum in San Francisco, since I know all 49 sq. miles well, I can assure you this statement is a damn lie.

Nothing in the photos you posted are equivalent to anything at all in The City of San Francisco:

rocinha.jpg

Slums do not exist in SF, tent cities do. Many of those who sleep on streets, are FT employees who can't afford the rent in The City. City College, the local community college, has many students living in cars/vans and in tents. The City has begun to explore allowing cars to be parked overnight in the parking lots at the college, and providing toilets and security in the lots.

As for the homeless, usually drug or alcohol dependent, or mentally ill, plenty of resources are available, but you can't take a homeless person into custody and force them into treatment.

Your taste in hygiene obviously differs from mine.

How do you conclude that your hygiene differs from mine? You don't even post the region you live in, so I can take a look see into where you live (and BTW, I moved out of SF in 1965, but still remain in the Bay Area)

Apparently you just don't like the truth. This is what the net result of collectivism looks like. I've been all over Asia and while they may piss in the streets in a lot of places they don't crap in the streets, yet San Fagcisco has a daily poop control squad to clean the human excrement from the sidewalks along with another squad to police up the used hypodermic syringes left by the drug addicts. Just the kinds of things the tourists are looking for in a vacation destination.
The decline of San Francisco began with the hippies of Haight-Ashbury and has been spiraling down ever since. One could argue that it really began during WWII as the military discovered homosexuals in the ranks and discharged them there before disembarking for the Pacific theater.

Last edited:

Apparently you just don't like the truth. This is what the net result of collectivism looks like. I've been all over Asia and while they may piss in the streets in a lot of places they don't crap in the streets, yet San Fagcisco has a daily poop control squad to clean the human excrement from the sidewalks along with another squad to police up the used hypodermic syringes left by the drug addicts. Just the kinds of things the tourists are looking for in a vacation destination.

Clearly, you don't know the truth. If the entire city were as you imagine it, no tourist would come to SF, and no convention would come to the City by the Bay.

By the way, your childish use of language (San Fagcisco, People's Republic of the Californicated) suggest you are declasse as well as immature.

It's true S.F. and a lot of other cities right now need to rethink their policies. People are homeless primarily because they can't find anywhere affordable to live. Someone is getting rich off these people. The rich are not going to want solutions. That would take away some of their money.

getting rich off the situations that create the homeless situation. ie - housing / cost of living being so damn high. why? people are getting that $$$ but at what cost?

those getting that $$$ from all this don't care about the cost, just that they get their income from it.

getting rich off the situations that create the homeless situation. ie - housing / cost of living being so damn high. why? people are getting that $$$ but at what cost?

those getting that $$$ from all this don't care about the cost, just that they get their income from it.

Thats not getting rich off of homeless people.

Thats not getting rich off of homeless people.
it's getting rich off the situations that can make people homeless.

if you disagree, great. i'm moving on.

The decline of San Francisco began with the hippies of Haight-Ashbury and has been spiraling down ever since. One could argue that it really began during WWII as the military discovered homosexuals in the ranks and discharged them there before disembarking for the Pacific theater.

and to think india launched an entire campaign to get people to stop shitting in the streets. i couldn't believe people would do this, and was glad that isn't in our country. then SF says "hold my beer" along with a lot of CA in general.

rocinha.jpg

How do you conclude that your hygiene differs from mine? You don't even post the region you live in, so I can take a look see into where you live (and BTW, I moved out of SF in 1965, but still remain in the Bay Area)

Northern Virginia, outside the Beltway.

rocinha.jpg

Northern Virginia, outside the Beltway.

I probably drove near there when I took my sons to DC, we took a trip to Gettysburg. Pretty country. When we stayed in The District, we stayed at the Capital Hill Hotel (300 C st. SE); we walked 1/2 block to the DC Metro and never ventured to go in the other direction.

Wait until thousands of africans get there. Every night will be purge night.
Like this.

DbpUfskV0AAHnhy.jpg

Mission district now cleared if virtually all homeless tents after final push this morning by city crews #homeless
Where did they send them?

Somewhere the Tourists won't have to walk over them, or smell them ! LA probably, lots more trash there to dig through since the Quakes, opportunity knocks!
how does earthquakes out in the desert equate to more trash in LA?.....just curious you understand....

Forum List

Back