Under what circumstances, if any, could you see yourself taking up arms against fellow Americans?

Silliest statement of the day: "there is a revolution going on, and it won't require guns of any kind" and that it is coming from the from far right.

I see, so you're another of the you're confused between whether you want a ubiquitous State or no State crowd who talks about no State while fighting for a ubiquitous State?
What are you talking about? If the state will continue to exist for some time, it might aswell be used to help those suffering in a capitalist system.

So we can't have economic freedom (capitalism) while we wait for your goal of no government to be accomplished by the ubiquitous government you want until we accomplish no government. And I didn't think you knew what you were talking about. LOL, I was right...
You don't know what you're talking about, tell me, what is marxism? Don't look it up on wikipedia either.

So I have to explain Marxism to a Marxist before I tell you what's wrong with it? If you know, my answer is clear
Oh, I know you attempt to oversimplify a very complex subject you know nothing about.

If you understood Marxism you would have understood my answer. You get nowhere explaining the obvious to leftists

What are you talking about? If the state will continue to exist for some time, it might aswell be used to help those suffering in a capitalist system.

So we can't have economic freedom (capitalism) while we wait for your goal of no government to be accomplished by the ubiquitous government you want until we accomplish no government. And I didn't think you knew what you were talking about. LOL, I was right...
You don't know what you're talking about, tell me, what is marxism? Don't look it up on wikipedia either.

So I have to explain Marxism to a Marxist before I tell you what's wrong with it? If you know, my answer is clear
Oh, I know you attempt to oversimplify a very complex subject you know nothing about.

If you understood Marxism you would have understood my answer. You get nowhere explaining the obvious to leftists
I don't see anything wrong with Marxism that is major.

Yeah....the 100 million murdered people are just eggs in the omelet...other than that marxism is just peachy.....

Second silliest statement of the day: "If you understood Marxism you would have understood my answer."

If Republicans were to take over the country and start rounding up non-whites, gays, non-Christians and send them to slave labor camps/death camps.....I would take up arms against my country

Well....since Republicans freed the slaves, fought for civil rights for the freed slaves and stand for the prinicipals enumerated in the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and the Declaration of Independence, you don't have to worry about that...

Since the democrats fought to keep the slaves, started jim crow and fight to empower the state over the citizen...you might want to stock up on some ammo.....and.....it was a democrat President that actually sent non whites and non christians to internment camps......so....again......watch out for the democrats...their history might repeat.....

If Republicans were to take over the country and start rounding up non-whites, gays, non-Christians and send them to slave labor camps/death camps.....I would take up arms against my country

Well....since Republicans freed the slaves, fought for civil rights for the freed slaves and stand for the prinicipals enumerated in the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and the Declaration of Independence, you don't have to worry about that...

Since the democrats fought to keep the slaves, started jim crow and fight to empower the state over the citizen...you might want to stock up on some ammo.....and.....it was a democrat President that actually sent non whites and non christians to internment camps......so....again......watch out for the democrats...their history might repeat.....

It is Republicans I see flying the Confederate flag today

It is a warning of their intent

Yeah....the 100 million murdered people are just eggs in the omelet...other than that marxism is just peachy.....
Oh, here we go with this bullshit.

You fail to understand history, the parties have drastically changed views.

You haven't defended anything about Marxism, you just make snarky comments, say you don't see anything wrong with it and tell people to look it up

You haven't defended anything about Marxism, you just make snarky comments, say you don't see anything wrong with it and tell people to look it up
Marxism isn't perfect, I agree, what do you want me to defend? Dialectical materialism? The labor theory of value?

Other than imminent threat to myself or those in my presence there's no reason I'd take up arms against another person. ...Except an old abusive bf of my Mom's. My brother and I are in agreement, we seem him out here (from California) we'll kill him.

Other than imminent threat to myself or those in my presence there's no reason I'd take up arms against another person. ...Except an old abusive bf of my Mom's. My brother and I are in agreement, we seem him out here (from California) we'll kill him.

I don't understand what that last sentence means

If Republicans force workers to work for slave wages while they cut taxes on the wealthy to zero, I will support a revolution

Is it bullshit because you don't believe it happened, because you'd prefer to ignore that it happened, or because you don't think those who caused it to happen were True Communists?
No, the death tolls count things that are hilarious to blame on communism, and throwing out 100 million to shut up leftists is retarded
So the massive death toll caused by the movement engaging in civil war to establish itself, ruthlessly purging politically disadvantageous elements of itself and society, exporting the revolution to other nations through subversion and outright invasion, and attempting to cause a global and violent class war in the pursuit of perpetual revolution is true but irrelevant to the question of whether it's a great system worth switching to?

Is it bullshit because you don't believe it happened, because you'd prefer to ignore that it happened, or because you don't think those who caused it to happen were True Communists?
No, the death tolls count things that are hilarious to blame on communism, and throwing out 100 million to shut up leftists is retarded
So the massive death toll caused by the movement engaging in civil war to establish itself, ruthlessly purging politically disadvantageous elements of itself and society, exporting the revolution to other nations through subversion and outright invasion, and attempting to cause a global and violent class war in the pursuit of perpetual revolution is true but irrelevant to the question of whether it's a great system worth switching to?
We've had many civil wars around the world, it's a fucking civil war, what do you expect? Did you see the conditions under the tsar in Russia? They exported the revolution gloriously, much like we exported "our freedom fighters" to places like Vietnam. It's not relevant to deaths caused due to communism, it's relevant to deaths caused due to political decisions and warfare.

We've had many civil wars around the world, it's a fucking civil war, what do you expect? Did you see the conditions under the tsar in Russia? They exported the revolution gloriously, much like we exported "our freedom fighters" to places like Vietnam. It's not relevant to deaths caused due to communism, it's relevant to deaths caused due to political decisions and warfare.
And after the civil war? When the party was solidifying itself and executing anyone who could pose a threat to its leadership?

... Nah. Fuck it. I'll tell you what. I'll accept that the conditions under the tsars provoked rebellion because they really were that terrible if you'll accept that Communist rule didn't provoke rebellion by the Hungarians or Romanians because life on the other side of the wall was just so peachy. You know your country just might have issues if people are willing to risk being executed by the political police for making a political joke around the wrong bystander or risk being shot by the border guards while attempting to tunnel under the walls. Hell, you might even start seeing that the walls aren't meant to keep people out if you're dangerously honest with yourself. Thank god my family left the shithole the Communists made Poland before it got too bad...

And after the civil war? When the party was solidifying itself and executing anyone who could pose a threat to its leadership?

... Nah. Fuck it. I'll tell you what. I'll accept that the conditions under the tsars provoked rebellion because they really were that terrible if you'll accept that Communist rule didn't provoke rebellion by the Hungarians or Romanians because life on the other side of the wall was just so peachy. You know your country just might have issues if people are willing to risk being executed by the political police for making a political joke around the wrong bystander or risk being shot by the border guards while attempting to tunnel under the walls. Hell, you might even start seeing that the walls aren't meant to keep people out if you're dangerously honest with yourself. Thank god my family left the shithole the Communists made Poland before it got too bad...
The conditions under "communist" countries weren't to good, especially in later years, I'll accept that the poor decisions and leadership caused it, not communism as an idea which hasn't been tested.

Forum List

Back