Understanding What Kim Davis' Legal Argument Will Be..

If a Christian is a sinner, which all of them are, then do all sins become OK in the eyes of God?

• Yes.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • No.

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters
How are her religious views a defense to breaking the law?
. 1st Amendment protection of citizen. I don't recognize my Country anymore. Now, we are being ruled by a Party of either dictators or dick-tasters.
No one EVER had a legal justification to refuse a judicial order because it offended her religious beliefs. She was not ordered to violate her beliefs, she was ordered to perform her official duties. She had a clear option. Resign.

Yeah she was
She was told to stop being a Christian? Tell us, what part of Christianity (chapter and verse please) requires one to be a clerk for the state, the secular, by law, state? I must have missed that part.

I'd think you might want to agree with Jesus on this one eh? Matthew 6:24

Go away, moron I never said she was told to sop being a Christian. Damn you're one stupid mofo

I am not defending Davis actions, however...

Kim Davis' defense could be extremely simple: She is in jail now for following the precedence / example set by the President of the United States.

One of Obama's very 1st acts as President was to nearly immediately declare that he was going to violate his recent oath of office by REFUSING TO OBEY AND ENFORCE THE LAW. Obama declared to the nation that because HE did not agree with the Defense of Marriage Act, a law passed by Congress, he and his administration would refuse to enforce it.

Since then Obama has violated both Constitution and law numerous times. He had already been and is currently in violation of Contempt of court for refusing to obey a judge's order to release still-held documents regarding the Fast and Furious scandal / crime that has resulted in the deaths of a US BPA and more recently the death of a policeman (gun found was linked to the F&F scandal)!

President Obama, who has committed the same 'crime' Davis has, many more times than she has done, though, is not in jail, though?

We keep hearing about how there is not '1 Americas', but this example destroys that argument and shows that our Federal Government has most definitely created 2 Americas - one for the elitist ruling class and one for the rest of us!
now that's how you make totally bogus false comparison!

. 1st Amendment protection of citizen. I don't recognize my Country anymore. Now, we are being ruled by a Party of either dictators or dick-tasters.
No one EVER had a legal justification to refuse a judicial order because it offended her religious beliefs. She was not ordered to violate her beliefs, she was ordered to perform her official duties. She had a clear option. Resign.

Yeah she was
She was told to stop being a Christian? Tell us, what part of Christianity (chapter and verse please) requires one to be a clerk for the state, the secular, by law, state? I must have missed that part.

Go away, moron I never said she was told to sop being a Christian. Damn you're one stupid mofo
the butthurt is strong with this one.

Yeah she was

The ignorance is strong with you.

Kim Davis' defense could be extremely simple: She is in jail now for following the precedence / example set by the President of the United States.

One of Obama's very 1st acts as President was to nearly immediately declare that he was going to violate his recent oath of office by REFUSING TO OBEY AND ENFORCE THE LAW. Obama declared to the nation that because HE did not agree with the Defense of Marriage Act, a law passed by Congress, he and his administration would refuse to enforce it.

Since then Obama has violated both Constitution and law numerous times. He had already been and is currently in violation of Contempt of court for refusing to obey a judge's order to release still-held documents regarding the Fast and Furious scandal / crime that has resulted in the deaths of a US BPA and more recently the death of a policeman (gun found was linked to the F&F scandal)!

President Obama, who has committed the same 'crime' Davis has, many more times than she has done, though, is not in jail, though?

We keep hearing about how there is not '1 Americas', but this example destroys that argument and shows that our Federal Government has most definitely created 2 Americas - one for the elitist ruling class and one for the rest of us!
If this is true, why is he not in jail?

"No one EVER had a legal justification to refuse a judicial order because it offended her religious beliefs. She was not ordered to violate her beliefs, she was ordered to perform her official duties. She had a clear option. Resign."

I agree that she was bound by legal requirements to do the job, and if she could not do to her religious convictions then she should have stepped down in protest.

The judge attempted to provide her with a solution that would prevent her from violating her own personal religious beliefs while allowing same-sex marriage permits to be provided - allowing her employees to do so. She refused to allow this, however, which means she then intended to force her beliefs on others.

This does open up a whole lot of other issues for discussion:

1. Davis is in jail for following the example / precedence, of picking and choosing what laws to or not to enforce, set by Obama. So should she bet in jail while he remains free for doing the same thing?

2. By what SPECIFIC given Constitutional authority is the federal government in the 'marriage business'? The Federal government should not be any type of approving authority on who gets married or not but is, arguably, entitled to an 'administration fee' for documenting information regarding couples sighing up for government-provided marriage-associated benefits.

3. A US citizen should not be forced to sign any document that violates their religious beliefs. One solution to this could be to allow any notary republic to 'sign off' on a marriage / union and then simply require the clerk of court to file the document.

4. The biggest fight is over the term 'marriage'. Create a status called 'civil union' which entails the GOVERNMENT recognition of 2 persons being a couple and the awarding of GOVERNMENT-provided benefits associated with that status. That would take the religious aspect out of the equation and make all of this simply an issue of government recognition of a coupe's status and government-provided benefits.

I just joined a reigion that says I have to rob people to be saved. Silhouette give me your money or you're violating my religious freedom.

:D

That was a retarded answer. No one is keeping her from practicing her religion or protesting against gay marriage as long as she does her job.
Doing her job WAS keeping her from practicing her religion if she was being forced to participate in gay marriage by issuing two people of the same gender a marriage license. That's precisely the point, silly. Check the OP for the details.

No one is forcing her to keep that job. She can simply resign.

"No one EVER had a legal justification to refuse a judicial order because it offended her religious beliefs. She was not ordered to violate her beliefs, she was ordered to perform her official duties. She had a clear option. Resign."

I agree that she was bound by legal requirements to do the job, and if she could not do to her religious convictions then she should have stepped down in protest.

The judge attempted to provide her with a solution that would prevent her from violating her own personal religious beliefs while allowing same-sex marriage permits to be provided - allowing her employees to do so. She refused to allow this, however, which means she then intended to force her beliefs on others.

This does open up a whole lot of other issues for discussion:

1. Davis is in jail for following the example / precedence, of picking and choosing what laws to or not to enforce, set by Obama. So should she bet in jail while he remains free for doing the same thing?

2. By what SPECIFIC given Constitutional authority is the federal government in the 'marriage business'? The Federal government should not be any type of approving authority on who gets married or not but is, arguably, entitled to an 'administration fee' for documenting information regarding couples sighing up for government-provided marriage-associated benefits.

3. A US citizen should not be forced to sign any document that violates their religious beliefs. One solution to this could be to allow any notary republic to 'sign off' on a marriage / union and then simply require the clerk of court to file the document.

4. The biggest fight is over the term 'marriage'. Create a status called 'civil union' which entails the GOVERNMENT recognition of 2 persons being a couple and the awarding of GOVERNMENT-provided benefits associated with that status. That would take the religious aspect out of the equation and make all of this simply an issue of government recognition of a coupe's status and government-provided benefits.
I dont know if you understand that laws dont have to be in the constitution?

HOW is it bogus? It sure isn't simply because you declare it to be so!

Davis is in jail for refusing to DO HER JOB AS REQUIRED BY THE LAW - Obama is guilty of the same thing. As pointed out, he has already been found GUILTY TWICE (1 during the oil spill and the other over Fast and Furious) now of Contempt of Court for refusing to obey the law. He has a history of violating both the Constitution and law. The two are EXACTLY THE SAME!

Because no one in Washington has the testicular fortitude to do their jobs. They are too busy worried about offending someone or a backlash that may cost them their jobs / millions / power. Doing the right thing takes courage ,commitment, and at times sacrifice...none of which anyone in Washington has.

Because no one in Washington has the testicular fortitude to do their jobs. They are too busy worried about offending someone or a backlash that may cost them their jobs / millions / power. Doing the right thing takes courage ,commitment, and at times sacrifice...none of which anyone in Washington has.
So your post really has nothing to do with anything? You are free to make your claims but at least confine them to the conspiracy theory forum.

Yeah she was

No she wasn't.

Yeah she was

as always that would be you.

Yeah she was

as always that would be you.

Get lost, you bring nothing to any discussion

HOW is it bogus? It sure isn't simply because you declare it to be so!

Davis is in jail for refusing to DO HER JOB AS REQUIRED BY THE LAW - Obama is guilty of the same thing. As pointed out, he has already been found GUILTY TWICE (1 during the oil spill and the other over Fast and Furious) now of Contempt of Court for refusing to obey the law. He has a history of violating both the Constitution and law. The two are EXACTLY THE SAME!
false comparison

Of course she already had a lawyer or a team of them before she went to jail. But there seems to be quite a rukkus and misunderstanding of religion when it comes to how her attorneys will frame their argument. t.

I look forward to watching once again Silhouette's legal speculations will have as much to do with reality as the Wizard of Oz does.

Forum List

Back