Unemployment over 20% at two American cities

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Good job obama.....
Unemployment Remains Above 20 in 2 Cities - Yahoo Finance
Unemployment rates in two American cities are closer to the jobless rate of Greece than that of the United States. Yuma, Ariz., and El Centro, Calif., had the highest in American unemployment rates in May among the 387 metropolitan areas measured by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, 23.1% and 21.3%, respectively. These show how uneven the job market has been.

At the other end of the spectrum, Lincoln, Neb., and Ames, Iowa, had the lowest unemployment rates in May at 2.2% and 2.3%, respectively.

i wonder if i will ever see the day when unemployment goes back to 5.4 per-cent.
Obama will bring it down to 0.0% by the time he leaves office. Even though 30 million people aren't bringing home a paycheck. That's "seasonally adjusted" by the way.

i wonder if i will ever see the day when unemployment goes back to 5.4 per-cent.
Obama will bring it down to 0.0% by the time he leaves office. Even though 30 million people aren't bringing home a paycheck. That's "seasonally adjusted" by the way.
where does he find these small crowds to gloat about all of his success? unless he rents out all of the coma patients from the local hospitals.

such BS! even at a million new jobs a month, how many years would it take to bring the real unemployment to a healthy 4.5 per-cent?

You would think if Obama created all these jobs as liberals like to say at least he would of created them in blue states, the ones who voted for him.

He sure ripped those voters off.

Good job obama.....
Unemployment Remains Above 20 in 2 Cities - Yahoo Finance
Unemployment rates in two American cities are closer to the jobless rate of Greece than that of the United States. Yuma, Ariz., and El Centro, Calif., had the highest in American unemployment rates in May among the 387 metropolitan areas measured by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, 23.1% and 21.3%, respectively. These show how uneven the job market has been.

At the other end of the spectrum, Lincoln, Neb., and Ames, Iowa, had the lowest unemployment rates in May at 2.2% and 2.3%, respectively.

Many of California's agricultural areas have always had higher than normal unemployment. With the water shortage, it's even worse now. Yuma is also an agricultural area.

You would think if Obama created all these jobs as liberals like to say at least he would of created them in blue states, the ones who voted for him.

Bear, I do not question your facts but I don't understand why you blame Obama when unemployment is high then at the same time blame Obama when unemployment is coming down. As always you are full of BULLSHIT.
This month of June 223,000 jobs added which bring down the unemployment to 5.3%. Who should get credit? Boehner? People like you make me puke.
I'm a disgusted Republican. There are 3 reasons why I will never vote for Republican again. One of the reasons are people like you and your kind of groups. Which means you enjoy the misery of others. That is your real motive in bringing this shit topic.

Bear, I do not question your facts but I don't understand why you blame Obama when unemployment is high then at the same time blame Obama when unemployment is coming down. As always you are full of BULLSHIT.
This month of June 223,000 jobs added which bring down the unemployment to 5.3%. Who should get credit? Boehner? People like you make me puke.
I'm a disgusted Republican. There are 3 reasons why I will never vote for Republican again. One of the reasons are people like you and your kind of groups. Which means you enjoy the misery of others. That is your real motive in bringing this shit topic.
where did I blame obama?

You ever stop to think that maybe just maybe losing 5k in NASA jobs and getting 5k in NEW hamburger flippers is bad ANYWAY you look at it?

P s. The state governors and legislator get the credit not obama, he only slowed down the economy. We should of been at 5% four years ago, if it wasn't for obama care and no one knowing what was in the law

P s. The state governors and legislator get the credit not obama, he only slowed down the economy. We should of been at 5% four years ago, if it wasn't for obama care and no one knowing what was in the law

Obamacare didn't slow down the recovery.

I have friends that own companies.
They cut employees to stay under the number.
They cut hours to stay under the number.
That is a slow down.

That's what happens when one political party doesn't believe in education.

I have friends that own companies.
They cut employees to stay under the number.
They cut hours to stay under the number.
That is a slow down.
I'm a business owner and I know hundreds (with S) of business owners. Few cut employees but most are making money. What is your point?

Forum List

Back