Unemployment rate drops to 7.4%

Like I said earlier. This jobs report is clearly horrible news. Things are worse now than they were 5 years ago. We are doomed.

We need to turn those part time jobs into full. More infrastructure, science, tech and manufacturing that pays good would be good for America.

For fuck's sake, Matthew, who do you think is Standing in the way of that happening?

I wonder if Corporations will continue to sit on the sidelines until Obama is gone.
I just don't feel there is a good climate right now for things to open up.
This Health care issue is a stranglehold on the economy.

Obama should have focused more on the economy,went with a Health Care proposal that
Congress could have worked with.

There was no way the Republicans would accept the way this went down.

I wonder if Corporations will continue to sit on the sidelines until Obama is gone.

Obama should have focused more on the economy,went with a Health Care proposal that

Yeah! If only he went with a health care plan that was developed by conservatives! The GOP would have backed him up 100%. They would never oppose their own plan.

We can always dream!

Yeah! If only he went with a health care plan that was developed by conservatives! The GOP would have backed him up 100%. They would never oppose their own plan.

We can always dream!

no they would not have backed him up 100% no side ever does. BUT there's compromise and negotiating and legislation=ting.

when LBJ introduced medicare legislation he had a filibuster proof majority and the house by a huge margin, the gop then was bitterly opposed to medicare, but, they did it, why? Compromise, becasue LBJ knew what obama apparently doesn't- you simply have to get at least some buy off from the other side or they will just nit pick the bill to death at every opportunity as we see here,( especially in the face of half the country being skeptical) they have to have just enough ownership so as to make them just as responsible if it goes south, so they were invested and on the hook too.

LBJ got 40% of gop senators as yeas for the Medicare bill, in the house he got a majority of gopers....obama, pelosi and reid could not even pull...one, not a single vote. bzxh11

Obama did what he hates to do and called and schmoozed, cajoled and tried to bribe 2 senators in particular over an over, snowe and collins, 2 atypical rinos, to try and get them on board with obamacare, he could not even get them. :doubt:

I can't wait till the rate gets to 6%, we will all be part timers and much more time to post on USMB

Excellent point....
I can cancel all my extraneous services like broadband,cable TV,phone,food expenses.

Then sign up for Obama Vision for my TV needs,Obama Web for internet,Obama phone so I can stay in touch with my homies so I know where the next protest is so I can protest those evil fuckers that provide my free stuff..... Can't wait for all that free food I can get with my EBT card...

A quick stop at the tittie bar to watch the ladies, down a few shots and beers, hit the ATM
there that pays out in dollars if you choose...so you can tip the ladies.

Life will be good because the media will tell us that the 30 hour work week is the new
America.We will have free time to sit around with all the other progressives and think
great thoughts while we have the government to provide for all our needs.

:cuckoo:

Last edited:

We can always dream!

no they would not have backed him up 100% no side ever does. BUT there's compromise and negotiating and legislation=ting.

when LBJ introduced medicare legislation he had a filibuster proof majority and the house by a huge margin, the gop then was bitterly opposed to medicare, but, they did it, why? Compromise, becasue LBJ knew what obama apparently doesn't- you simply have to get at least some buy off from the other side or they will just nit pick the bill to death at every opportunity as we see here,( especially in the face of half the country being skeptical) they have to have just enough ownership so as to make them just as responsible if it goes south, so they were invested and on the hook too.

LBJ got 40% of gop senators as yeas for the Medicare bill, in the house he got a majority of gopers....obama, pelosi and reid could not even pull...one, not a single vote.

Obama did what he hates to do and called and schmoozed, cajoled and tried to bribe 2 senators in particular over an over, snowe and collins, 2 atypical rinos, to try and get them on board with obamacare, he could not even get them. :doubt:

You missed my point.

The ACA is based on a conservative model.

Man...........I need to get into the sarcasm meter business.

I can't wait till the rate gets to 6%, we will all be part timers and much more time to post on USMB

Excellent point....
I can cancel all my extraneous services like broadband,cable TV,phone,food expenses.

Then sign up for Obama Vision for my TV needs,Obama Web for internet,Obama phone so I can stay in touch with my homies so I know where the next protest is so I can protest those evil fuckers that provide my free stuff..... Can't wait for all that free food I can get with my EBT card...

A quick stop at the tittie bar to watch the ladies, down a few shots and beers, hit the ATM

Life will be good because the media will tell us that the 30 hour work week is the new
America.We will have free time to sit around with all the other progressives and think

Damn, life will be so good with full employment!

I'm all a twitter

I love it....check this out;

Employers added fewer workers than anticipated in July even as the U.S. jobless rate dropped to 7.4 percent, indicating uneven progress in the labor market.

The 162,000 increase in payrolls last month was the smallest in four months and followed a revised 188,000 rise in June that was less than initially estimated, Labor Department figures showed today in Washington. The median forecast of 93 economists surveyed by Bloomberg called for a 185,000 gain. Workers spent fewer hours on the job and hourly earnings fell for the first time since October. …

The unemployment rate was forecast to drop to 7.5 percent from 7.6 percent, according to the Bloomberg survey median.

Payrolls Rise Less Than Forecast, U.S. Jobless Rate Falls - Bloomberg

so they expected 185K and a drop to 7.5%, we get 162K and it drops to 7.4%..:lol: why?

because- The labor participation rate dropped to 63.4 percent from 63.5 percent.

and they missed the q2 gdp by a full third, its been revised from a meandering lackluster 1.8% to. an anemic 1.1%...

BUT BUT BUT --

THAT amounts to actual "bad" news.

I don't see the main stream media reporting any of the news as "bad" news.

They call it "hopeful." They see signs and portents of "good" in the news. They grudgingly acknowledge tht the news is allegedly "mixed."

But they aren't labeling it as "bad" news.

So -- it can't be bad news.

Nope.

No siree.

Question: What is the Labor Force Participation Rate?
Answer: The labor force participation rate is the percentage of working-age persons in an economy who:

Are employed
Are unemployed but looking for a job

Typically "working-age persons" is defined as people between the ages of 16-64. People in those age groups who are not counted as participating in the labor force are typically students, homemakers, and persons under the age of 64 who are retired. In the United States the labor force participation rate is usually around 67-68%.
-- What is the Labor Force Participation Rate?

The labor participation rate is already LOWER than it "usually" is, and it's DROPPING.

So, the meager creation of new jobs as measured against the Labor participation rate means that "unemployment" numbers are getting lower.

Check.

That's real.

No cooking of the numbers here. Nope. Nothing to see. Move along. All is well. The Obamessiah is fixing EVERY thing.

Democrats don't want a robust economy.
For that to happen we need a healthy happy private sector.
Democrats need to blame the private sector for everything that's wrong.
Democrats need to be able to tell it's people that government is the answer and they need to
keep the democrat machine running.

If we have a good economy the Democrats lose their hold over people.

Democrats don't want a robust economy.
For that to happen we need a healthy happy private sector.
Democrats need to blame the private sector for everything that's wrong.
Democrats need to be able to tell it's people that government is the answer and they need to
keep the democrat machine running.

If we have a good economy the Democrats lose their hold over people.

Very silly argument.

Excellent point....

That is so awesome. The only bit you missed is how we will all stop eating actual food and will drink Soylent for our daily nutritional needs.

How I Stopped Eating Food : Mostly Harmless

We can always dream!

LBJ got 40% of gop senators as yeas for the Medicare bill, in the house he got a majority of gopers....obama, pelosi and reid could not even pull...one, not a single vote.

You missed my point.

not quite. we have had that out here too...thats why no one bothers bringing it up...;)

You missed my point.

not quite. we have had that out here too...thats why no one bothers bringing it up...;)

??????? Say what?

How many sane, able bodied adult Americans refuse to work an available job in favor of living off of federal or state funds?

Government Mooching pays better than real work.. Government employees work 20 years & retire for 40 years. We have to pay them 3 times for work we already paid them to do. Ask Detroit how that worked for them.

Then these thugs make more in food stamps than many people make working.
tumblr_ls7l8qN3gS1qhfzxo.jpg
food_stamp_reciept1.jpg

Forum List

Back