Unemployment rate drops to 7.4%

Only 162,000 jobs created, GDP adjusted down. Ugh.

We've definitely stabilized, but otherwise we're pretty much laying there.

This is now as much psychological as anything else, I'm not sure what pushes us off the fence in one direction or the other. The Fed sees this, so they'll keep printing money. Great.

It should be official soon

America's lost decade is upon us

I love it....check this out;

Employers added fewer workers than anticipated in July even as the U.S. jobless rate dropped to 7.4 percent, indicating uneven progress in the labor market.

The 162,000 increase in payrolls last month was the smallest in four months and followed a revised 188,000 rise in June that was less than initially estimated, Labor Department figures showed today in Washington. The median forecast of 93 economists surveyed by Bloomberg called for a 185,000 gain. Workers spent fewer hours on the job and hourly earnings fell for the first time since October. …

The unemployment rate was forecast to drop to 7.5 percent from 7.6 percent, according to the Bloomberg survey median.

Payrolls Rise Less Than Forecast, U.S. Jobless Rate Falls - Bloomberg

so they expected 185K and a drop to 7.5%, we get 162K and it drops to 7.4%..:lol: why?

because- The labor participation rate dropped to 63.4 percent from 63.5 percent.

and they missed the q2 gdp by a full third, its been revised from a meandering lackluster 1.8% to. an anemic 1.1%...

Only 162,000 jobs created, GDP adjusted down. Ugh.

We've definitely stabilized, but otherwise we're pretty much laying there.

This is now as much psychological as anything else, I'm not sure what pushes us off the fence in one direction or the other. The Fed sees this, so they'll keep printing money. Great.

It should be official soon

America's lost decade is upon us

thats about the size of it...but hey, the Markets up!!!!:eusa_drool:

:rolleyes:

What both sides don't understand is we can't pass anything without "sharing" power. I think the corporate tax is a good thing for funding our infrastructure, science and tech.

When will you people that favor taxing corporations realize that CORPORATIONS DO NOT PAY TAXES! CORPORATIONS PASS THEIR TAXES ON TO THE CONSUMERS!

God! You people are fucking DENSE!

What both sides don't understand is we can't pass anything without "sharing" power. I think the corporate tax is a good thing for funding our infrastructure, science and tech.

When will you people that favor taxing corporations realize that CORPORATIONS DO NOT PAY TAXES! CORPORATIONS PASS THEIR TAXES ON TO THE CONSUMERS!

NOT tax corporations but the ceo that takes golden parachutes. This robs the workers and the corporations of resources.

Once again, part-time employment grows at a faster rate than full-time employment.

fredgraph.png

The biggest jobs gains during this month is retail trade (usually being Professional and Business Services):

fredgraph.png

The biggest job losses? Thankfully, it's not manufacturing, but rather construction for this month:

fredgraph.png

Trends may have changed but the type of jobs created have not. Still producing more low-skill, low-paying part-time service sector jobs than any other type of jobs in the economy:

fredgraph.png

NOT tax corporations but the ceo that takes golden parachutes. This robs the workers and the corporations of resources.

shareholders can address that if it bothers them that much....

I'm waiting for the usual suspects here that will thank Obama for the unemployment rate dropping.
These jobs numbers are dismal at best.

It's telling that the small amount of jobs created dropped the UE rate....
All the news reports I heard today pointed out that these numbers are very weak.
All the hiring seems to be in retail and service industries.
Losses of jobs in construction and manufacturing.
More people have given up looking for work....

That's how the UE rate dropped...

It is like Groundhog Day around here. Every month we get a jobs report. For 41 straight months, the US economy has added jobs. Over 7 million jobs.

Yet, every month......without fail....we get a predictable stream of "conservatives" that come here and tell us how the news about adding jobs is bad news.

Do you fuckers even realize it? That you repeat yourselves every time one of these reports comes out? You come off as sore sports who are unhappy if the economy does well.....because it is not your guys who are leading the way.

Fucking sad. How about acting like fucking Americans for a change.

But of course we are supposed to thank our leader for the outstanding job he is doing.

I have been waiting for the hiring to really start up and the number to balloon as tons of folks head back to thew work force adding to the labor participation rate and, the dems start claiming ing that thats great because that means there are jobs.....you know, having your cake and eating it to, the number drops, thats good, it goes up, thats good, but this economy is one anemic bitch and it may it happen before obama leaves...

It is like Groundhog Day around here. Every month we get a jobs report. For 41 straight months, the US economy has added jobs. Over 7 million jobs.

Yet, every month......without fail....we get a predictable stream of "conservatives" that come here and tell us how the news about adding jobs is bad news.

Do you fuckers even realize it? That you repeat yourselves every time one of these reports comes out? You come off as sore sports who are unhappy if the economy does well.....because it is not your guys who are leading the way.

I think is because they're part time or dropping out of looking for jobs. This is the concern.

70% of those jobs are part-time jobs. Why is that a good thing? I'm not an American, but it would appear being American means learning to settle for less. Which in some cases it is good, but not in this particular circumstance.

Last edited:

see what I posted above....here-

I have been waiting for the hiring to really start up and the number to balloon as tons of folks head back to thew work force adding to the labor participation rate and, the dems start claiming ing that thats great because that means there are jobs.....you know, having your cake and eating it to, the number drops, thats good, it goes up, thats good, but this economy is one anemic bitch and it may it happen before obama leaves...

so, which is it?

if the number goes back up becasue the job market really opens up, is that a good thing?

Today the new jobs numbers came out. The unemployment rate has dropped to 7.4%. Good news says the Obama administration. Not so fast says I. Following is an article that was published the last time the jobless rate dropped. Read it and then you decide if we as a nation are experiencing economic recovery? Or, are we headed down the same path that Detroit, MI is on to economic disaster?

Unemployment Woes: Americans Drop Out Of Labor Force As Job Market Stagnates

Oh...so now A LOT more people have stopped looking for work. You do know that once they do this, they are no longer counted, and the EU rate drops. Of course Obama will take credit, too many people out there don't pay attention to the truth.

Forum List

Back