Unflappable? No. Grovelling in dithery? Clearly so.

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
Why is Trump even bothering to respond to Meryl Streep's Golden Globe remarks? What are we supposed to expect from Trump for the next four years? Is he going to tweet every time a TV/screen celebrity, Kimmel, Fallon, O'Brian, et al makes him the butt of a joke or derides him? Grow the hell up, Donnie boy!

He has signed himself up for all sorts of criticism from literally everywhere on the planet. Can the man rise above nothing? Has he no self-respect? World leaders don't "do the dozens" onTwitter.

The obvious way to deal with public scorn is to ignore it and move steadily forward on your substantive agenda. This is high school rhetoric/forensic debate: you don't attack people; you attack ideas and the weakness with which they are presented and you do it with undeniable facts. What does it take to know that?

The man went to a military prep school. Did they just not prepare him for the ennobled life expected of him, the life he's got at least the appearance of leading? The man is acting like lottery winning trailor trash. Why?

He shouldn't be giving Streep the time of day, much less the satisfaction of a response to her remarks. You by your silent nonchalance consign people to ignominy and move on with what you are doing and what you have to say. Let the hoi polloi trifle amongst themselves. Principals, to say nothing of a PEOTUS, have no need to deign to that level, nor would or should they. There is no material upside to it.

The man has the world at his fingertips - financially successful beyond any reasonable expectation, popular with millions, known around the world, about to assume the reigns of the single most powerful position on the planet - and what does he do? He responds to every criticism from every corner like an insecure playground bully.

It isn't just the stooping that disconcerts me. It's that for Trump, policies and ideology recede to the backburner of his priorities. Instead, image advances as the key to his ascendance, and right behind it, media mention. Is that what the voters want? If so, why? To what end? Are there too few films for people to get their daily dose of "entertainers in chief?" At this point, it's beginning to look like Trump uses Twitter-tainment as a façade to conceal his desultory policy by distracting the American public with pussyfooting and catchy quips.

I would think the man be embarrassed. I sure am embarrassed for him as well as chagrined to have to try to explain to my overseas friends how it is the U.S. made this man PEOTUS.

Last edited:
There were only about six other threads you could have put this in, but no. Let's fire up another one.

Why is Trump even bothering to respond to Meryl Streep's Golden Globe remarks? What are supposed to expect from Trump for the next four years? Is he going to tweet every time a TV/screen celebrity, Kimmel, Fallon, O'Brian, et al makes him the butt of a joke or derides him? Grow the hell up, Donnie boy!

He has signed himself up for all sorts of criticism from literally everywhere on the planet. Can the man rise above nothing? Has he no self-respect? World leaders don't "do the dozens" onTwitter.

The obvious way to deal with public scorn is to ignore it and move steadily forward on your substantive agenda. This is high school rhetoric/forensic debate: you don't attack people; you attack ideas and the weakness with which they are presented and you do it with undeniable facts. What does it take to know that?

The man went to a military prep school. Did they just not prepare him for the ennobled life expected of him, the life he's got at least the appearance of leading? The man is acting like lottery winning trailor trash. Why?

He shouldn't be giving Streep the time of day, much less the satisfaction of a response to her remarks. You by your silent nonchalance consign people to ignominy and move on with what you are doing and what you have to say. Let the hoi polloi trifle amongst themselves. Principals, to say nothing of a PEOTUS, have no need to deign to that level, nor would or should they. There is no material upside to it.

The man has the world at his fingertips - financially successful beyond any reasonable expectation, popular with millions, known around the world, about to assume the reigns of the single most powerful position on the planet - and what does he do? He responds to every criticism from every corner like an insecure playground bully.

It isn't just the stooping that disconcerts me. It's that for Trump, policies and ideology recede to the backburner of his priorities. Instead, image advances as the key to his ascendance, and right behind it, media mention. Is that what the voters want? If so, why? To what end? Are there too few films for people to get their daily dose of "entertainers in chief?" At this point, it's beginning to look like Trump uses Twitter-tainment as a façade to conceal his desultory policy by distracting the American public with pussyfooting and catchy quips.

I would think the man be embarrassed. I sure am embarrassed for him as well as chagrined to have to try to explain to my overseas friends how it is the U.S. made this man PEOTUS.
To keep people like you occupied....

Why is Trump even bothering to respond to Meryl Streep's Golden Globe remarks? What are supposed to expect from Trump for the next four years? Is he going to tweet every time a TV/screen celebrity, Kimmel, Fallon, O'Brian, et al makes him the butt of a joke or derides him? Grow the hell up, Donnie boy!

Solid grasp of the English language.

Oh brother, stfu. Be embarrassed for yourself. I'm so sick of sheep whining about what the other sheep might think of them, or chastising one sheep because he doesn't act like all the other sheep. Get a fucking grip.

She just slagged half of America along with the President elect. I say rock on President Trump. Hit them back twice as hard every time.

The obvious way to deal with public scorn is to ignore it and move steadily forward on your substantive agenda
Sorry I must disagree, Bush took that path and the left savaged him for 8 years. Trump is showing the new way....fight fucking back! they attack you you hit them back even harder.

It appears that he'll continue to behave like this, and it appears that there is no one in the WH who can stop him.

All this does, of course, is encourage more attacks on the guy, because he's so sensitive. I wonder which world leaders will join in.

Strap in and hang on.

It appears that he'll continue to behave like this, and it appears that there is no one in the WH who can stop him.

All this does, of course, is encourage more attacks on the guy, because he's so sensitive. I wonder which world leaders will join in.

Strap in and hang on
No I don't think so, eventually the snowflakes will stop. Trump hits back hard.

It appears that he'll continue to behave like this, and it appears that there is no one in the WH who can stop him. All this does, of course, is encourage more attacks on the guy, because he's so sensitive. I wonder which world leaders will join in.
No I don't think so, eventually the snowflakes will stop. Trump hits back hard.
I dunno, having Trump go at you is probably a badge of honor for the Hollywood/Media types. And I'd think a smart unfriendly world leader would love to bait him into something that could be leveraged.

We're sure as hell gonna find out.

When one has a Twitter following one must toss them a chunk of raw meat every day or they drift away.
upload_2017-1-9_20-31-41.png

He should have just pointed out her liberal lies and moved on!

Be adult enough to know when to walk away from the nonsense around you.

You got it half right.

PEOTUS gets in Pissing Match with Actor
That just isn't a headline a president wants, yet it's essentially the one Trump created for himself.

I mean really....Not PM of XYZ Countr. Not with the House or Senate leadership. Not with a relative. With an actor. C'mon. Really? It doesn't matter how good or popular an actor. She's a great actor. So what? That's all she is. She's earned that; she can have it. You debase yourself by responding to others' denigrations with insults. How Trump managed to get through NYMA and U. Penn and not lean that is beyond me.

How many ways can it be said?

Forum List

Back