Unfortunately my friends, gun control is coming.

Steak knife has an intended purpose that isn't killing.

So what? My single shot 30/30 has an intended purpose that is killing.

Do you wish to ban it?

Then intended use is a red herring.

NO! Now we're getting somewhere. Probably not though.

You can argue 30/30 as a hunting rifle. The only thing you hunt with an AR-15 is people.

You could hunt anything with an AR-15. Only the laws say otherwise. Logic fail.

do you understand 20 children were jsut mowed down before christmas?

That is a sad sorry fact.
However, that idiot that should have been institutionalized is responsible for that not every gun owner in the United States.

If we could institutionalize everyone who was going to commit mass murder no one would be arguing for gun control. The fact of the matter the first is not possible but the second is. People who want gun control do have a reason I hope you understand.

Maybe not tomorrow, but it will.

We can't fight the mainstream media bias. Even though there are a great many of us NOW that won't allow it, the young are ignorant and susceptable to the media hyperbole and butt hurt. They will believe that guns are bad and blindly go along with whatever the benevolent government says they need to be kept safe.

The asshat in the White House will probably get a SCOTUS pick or two before he's done trashing the country and then all they will need is a challenge to the 2nd Amendment and the liberal court will change the meaning of it.

It will come piecemeal, but it will come.

When it does, this conversation will happen:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/6524222-post1.html
Sorry PF, but I don't believe any of that is going to happen any time soon. There's more gun owners in America than not, and any politician wanting to hold on to his job won't go near a total gun ban. You do know that firearms get passed on down through a family don't you? That's makes them family heirlooms also, and people don't want to give those up.

No, don't buy into this shrill, fever pitch, frothing at the mouth, rabid line of bull shit coming from the commies and brain washed government welfare cases and cry babies. Banning firearms is a BIG deal... a BIG FUCKING deal, as smokin' Joe would say, and it ain't gonna happen any time soon.

Relax.

Most people who don't like guns don't want a complete ban, just certain types of guns and restrictions. Like, hey, we just wanna do a background check to make sure you aren't a psycho. Good idea, no?

Do you wish to ban it?

But AR15 cannot be used for hunting game only for hunting people.
You floundered on your herring.

Of course it can...I take mine to cull coyotes and hunt wild boar.

I can hunt deer in Missouri with an AR15 down to .223 caliber.

Riiigght. So when the gun designer designed those semi and full autos he was thinking about hunting, right? :cool::cool:

if more guns were the answer we would already be the safest nation in the world

Then explain Switzerland.

Switzerland has one if the highest gun ownership rates in the world. And by "arms" I am referring to fully automatic assault rifles. Incidentally, Switzerland also has a much lower homicide rate than we do. For every 100,000 people, the Swiss have a 0.7 crime rate. Meanwhile, the US has a 4.2 crime rate; six times as high.

Unfortunately my friends, gun control is coming.

Of course it is. Only a fool would not know that. Sadly, for sane gun enthusiasts, the radical never-give-an-inch gun nuts will likely make it more severe than it otherwise would be.

Switzerland has one if the highest gun ownership rates in the world. And by "arms" I am referring to fully automatic assault rifles. Incidentally, Switzerland also has a much lower homicide rate than we do. For every 100,000 people, the Swiss have a 0.7 crime rate. Meanwhile, the US has a 4.2 crime rate; six times as high.

They still have strict gun controls on who can own a weapon and background checks.

And the US is a much more violent place. just the way you guys are. Remember the Swiss are fence sitters. They may be armed to the teeth, but as a nation they are peaceniks. Can't say the same for the US...

Guns don't scare me. It's people like you owning them that scare me. The average person is an idiot and certainly shouldn't be allowed to possess the power that comes along with owning a gun.

You're free to leave the country anytime. Good luck.

Fortunately, our Constitutional rights aren't subjugated by your bed wetting.

oooh, the old "you're free to leave" argument. Good for you.

And you're free to own a musket like they did when the 2nd amendment was written.

That is the best interpretation of the second amendment I have ever heard. I love it.

That's the result of too many guns and access that is all too easy.

No, it's the result of someone who is bent on criminal behavior. Easy access will always be the case. Alcohol, drugs, prostitution, abortions.....all have been prohibited by law, and NEVER has access be more than 15 minutes away. It will be no different with guns.

Furthermore, even if we accept the silly notion that prohibition can have any effect on ease of access, there are still plenty of easily accessible alternatives, some of which are going to leave to even worse carnage. Can you imagine the horror at Sandy Hook if that guy had walked in with a 5 gallon can of gasoline and a book of matches? Or if he had made a homemade bomb? Hell, he could walked in with a baseball bat and started swinging and still killed 20 kids before someone might have managed to stop him.

In the meantime, we have the very real scenario of thousands of innocent people dying every year because these nuts are selfish assholes.

How in the world is it selfish to want to defend one's self? I want to be able to possess a gun so that I can defend myself and my family from the bad guys out there. The problem is that the true fantasy here is your belief that it's even possible to restrict access to criminals. Because, even if we entertain your silly notion that a gun ban will somehow make guns magically disappear from existence, people can always make more. What do you think will happen if the government by some kind of slut magic managed to truly stamp out guns from existence? I can tell, you: The gang bangers would go take some gun-smithing classes and learn how to make their own.

Most people are middle of the road and don't want a complete gun ban. They just want the type of guns banned and rules put in place when purchasing.

Sounds good to me..

If you're going to completely evade the very essence of my arguments, then please don't bother quoting my comments. Once again, prohibition will do NOTHING to prevent proliferation.

Do you wish to ban it?

NO! Now we're getting somewhere. Probably not though.

You can argue 30/30 as a hunting rifle. The only thing you hunt with an AR-15 is people.

You could hunt anything with an AR-15. Only the laws say otherwise. Logic fail.

Name one thing you would hunt with an AR-15. I have seen lots of guns on gun racks. I ain't never seen an AR-15 on one.

Since we are working with hypotheticals here, such as black helicopters, coming to take your guns. If your child was killed by a pycho with an AR-15 would you still feel that any psycho that wants one should be able to have one?

Hypothetically speaking, my child would never be killed by a psycho with an AR-15. Because I would have killed that psycho with MY AR-15 first.

Guns don't scare me. It's people like you owning them that scare me. The average person is an idiot and certainly shouldn't be allowed to possess the power that comes along with owning a gun.

You're free to leave the country anytime. Good luck.

Fortunately, our Constitutional rights aren't subjugated by your bed wetting.

oooh, the old "you're free to leave" argument. Good for you.

And you're free to own a musket like they did when the 2nd amendment was written.

And you're free to point out the part of the Second Amendment that says you have the right to only bear a musket.

Exactly. The U.S. has a culture problem, not a gun problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

False argument. One must also compare several other Swiss/U.S. statistics before making the crime/gun argument.

Do you wish to ban it?

Edit - I just rechecked the caliber regulation, and it says ANY center fire round is legal to harvest deer. That means a round as small as a .17 Remington Fireball would be LEGAL. I don't think any ethical hunter would try it, but it's legal.

Is this your dumb ass hunting coyotes?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSJ3R1lwwS4]AR-15 Lights Up Coyote and the Hunter Becomes the Hunted - Kill of the Week 3 - YouTube[/ame]

Riiigght. So when the gun designer designed those semi and full autos he was thinking about hunting, right? :cool::cool:

I would suspect that the designers did what designers of civilian weapons have always done, take a battle proven rifle platform and made it available to the civilian population.

It's the modular nature of the M16 that initially made the AR15 so popular.

A person could repair it, and tweek it without purchasing expensive gunsmithing tools.

I bought one while I was still in the Army.

The wife is calling me to dinner. BBS.

Forum List

Back