Unfortunately my friends, gun control is coming.

20 kids dead will do that. Its hard to argue against that emotional bomb honestly.

20 kids are dead but you want more kids dead by ignorantly not wanting to provide for their protection. All because you might scared them with seeing a police officer carrying a gun in school. Hell man children see more violence on TV and play violent video games. Are you fucking serious using 20 children when more will die with what you are supporting, fucking piece of shit rat bastard.

New Jersey just suffered a mass shooting in a cop shop no less. Some of the strictest gun control laws in the US. The criminal decided he wasn't going to respect the law.. Liberals have NO ARGUMENT and they know it. This is nothing more than an excuse to disarm Americans.. IT WON'T HAPPEN. Whoever made this thread.. you're dead wrong. Liberals don't have the numbers or the power to shred the 2nd Amendment.

So it is ok if you own any type of gun if you were inclined to do so....
but the "average" person is an idiot who should not be able to own a gun to protect themselves? What else would you eliminate the average person from doing?
This is great, so honest, because only a Liberal would admit that they know whats better for the average person than they do.

Going to start calling you Yogi since you have been telling me that you are smarter than the average bear.

I didn't say I should own a gun, did I? I don't need one. Just like you don't need one.

No you didn't and I didn't say you did.
Just said that according to you. you could own any type of gun if you were inclined to do so..Just not anyone else.

Ummm, nope. Never said anything remotely close to that. But thanks for putting words in my mouth.

I didn't say I should own a gun, did I? I don't need one. Just like you don't need one.

No you didn't and I didn't say you did.
Just said that according to you. you could own any type of gun if you were inclined to do so..Just not anyone else.

Ummm, nope. Never said anything remotely close to that. But thanks for putting words in my mouth.

^^Liberal whining about someone putting words in it's mouth when she has the nerve to tell someone what they do or do not need. AMAZING, isn't it?!

but the "average" person is an idiot who should not be able to own a gun to protect themselves? What else would you eliminate the average person from doing?
This is great, so honest, because only a Liberal would admit that they know whats better for the average person than they do.

Going to start calling you Yogi since you have been telling me that you are smarter than the average bear.

It's not up to you to decide what someone does or doesn't need. Go mind your own business and worry about yourself.

Actually, it is if your ownership of a thing presents an unreasonable danger to me and mine.

That's why you can't start your own anthrax lab or raise rattlesnakes in your back yard.

It's not up to you to decide what someone does or doesn't need. Go mind your own business and worry about yourself.

Sure it is. This is just as much my country as anyone elses.

I'm sorry you don't like people having an opinion comrade.

My thinking on how laws should be made is that if people can't follow common sense and only if that lack of common sense affects other people should an action be outlawed.

Alcohol, drugs, prostitution, abortions all, at in part, are acts that people want to do to themselves. Having a gun implies what someone wants to do to someone else. If one wants to buy an excessive weapon which can harm other people and does not have the common sense not to there needs to be a law against such behavior.

I'm going to tell you the same thing I told someone else earlier. Do not quote me if you're going to completely dodge what I said. In this case, I have no interest in hearing your babble on about irrelevancies that nobody else is talking about. Let's keep it on point: Prohibition does not stop proliferation.

Save me some typing and go read post #171 please. Thanks.

Riiigght. So when the gun designer designed those semi and full autos he was thinking about hunting, right? :cool::cool:

I would suspect that the designers did what designers of civilian weapons have always done, take a battle proven rifle platform and made it available to the civilian population.

It's the modular nature of the M16 that initially made the AR15 so popular.

A person could repair it, and tweek it without purchasing expensive gunsmithing tools.

I bought one while I was still in the Army.

The wife is calling me to dinner. BBS.

God, I hope she does not give you a steak knife.

Why?

Do steak knives frighten you now too?

New Jersey just suffered a mass shooting in a cop shop no less. Some of the strictest gun control laws in the US. The criminal decided he wasn't going to respect the law.. Liberals have NO ARGUMENT and they know it. This is nothing more than an excuse to disarm Americans.. IT WON'T HAPPEN. Whoever made this thread.. you're dead wrong. Liberals don't have the numbers or the power to shred the 2nd Amendment.

All your post shows is that gun laws aren't strict enough and that even people who are armed with guns can't stop an armed gunman. Thanks for proving the point of gun restriction advocates. More guns doesn't solve anything.

Actually, it is if your ownership of a thing presents an unreasonable danger to me and mine.

That's why you can't start your own anthrax lab or raise rattlesnakes in your back yard.

You can't!? Oh shit. Er, I mean, I knew that.

There are 300,000,000 legally owned guns in the United States, and I don't know a single soul who has ever been shot.

But I know several that have been hit by drunk drivers.

So, let's ban alcohol...it presents an unreasonable danger to me and mine.

No, it's the result of someone who is bent on criminal behavior. Easy access will always be the case. Alcohol, drugs, prostitution, abortions.....all have been prohibited by law, and NEVER has access be more than 15 minutes away. It will be no different with guns.

Furthermore, even if we accept the silly notion that prohibition can have any effect on ease of access, there are still plenty of easily accessible alternatives, some of which are going to leave to even worse carnage. Can you imagine the horror at Sandy Hook if that guy had walked in with a 5 gallon can of gasoline and a book of matches? Or if he had made a homemade bomb? Hell, he could walked in with a baseball bat and started swinging and still killed 20 kids before someone might have managed to stop him.

How in the world is it selfish to want to defend one's self? I want to be able to possess a gun so that I can defend myself and my family from the bad guys out there. The problem is that the true fantasy here is your belief that it's even possible to restrict access to criminals. Because, even if we entertain your silly notion that a gun ban will somehow make guns magically disappear from existence, people can always make more. What do you think will happen if the government by some kind of slut magic managed to truly stamp out guns from existence? I can tell, you: The gang bangers would go take some gun-smithing classes and learn how to make their own.

Most people are middle of the road and don't want a complete gun ban. They just want the type of guns banned and rules put in place when purchasing.

Sounds good to me..

If you're going to completely evade the very essence of my arguments, then please don't bother quoting my comments. Once again, prohibition will do NOTHING to prevent proliferation.

Don't get snitty...

Prohibition might not work in the US, initially.But over time, I'm sure it would. Here in Aussie, after the Port Arthur massacre in 1996 there were strict gun controls put in place and buybacks, and proliferation has more or less been prevented. Very few gun crimes here. To be fair, guns were never as prolific as in the states in the first place..

Forum List

Back