Unfortunately my friends, gun control is coming.

Last edited by a moderator:
NO! Now we're getting somewhere. Probably not though.

You can argue 30/30 as a hunting rifle. The only thing you hunt with an AR-15 is people.

You could hunt anything with an AR-15. Only the laws say otherwise. Logic fail.

Name one thing you would hunt with an AR-15. I have seen lots of guns on gun racks. I ain't never seen an AR-15 on one.

Now your argument changes to 'would'?

LOL

Fail.

if more guns were the answer we would already be the safest nation in the world

Then explain Switzerland.

Switzerland has one if the highest gun ownership rates in the world. And by "arms" I am referring to fully automatic assault rifles. Incidentally, Switzerland also has a much lower homicide rate than we do. For every 100,000 people, the Swiss have a 0.7 crime rate. Meanwhile, the US has a 4.2 crime rate; six times as high.

False argument. One must also compare several other Swiss/U.S. statistics before making the crime/gun argument.

Such as racial purity, for example.

Last edited:
Guns don't scare me. It's people like you owning them that scare me. The average person is an idiot and certainly shouldn't be allowed to possess the power that comes along with owning a gun.

So it is ok if you own any type of gun if you were inclined to do so....
but the "average" person is an idiot who should not be able to own a gun to protect themselves? What else would you eliminate the average person from doing?
This is great, so honest, because only a Liberal would admit that they know whats better for the average person than they do.

Going to start calling you Yogi since you have been telling me that you are smarter than the average bear.

I didn't say I should own a gun, did I? I don't need one. Just like you don't need one.

Since we are working with hypotheticals here, such as black helicopters, coming to take your guns. If your child was killed by a pycho with an AR-15 would you still feel that any psycho that wants one should be able to have one?

Hypothetically speaking, my child would never be killed by a psycho with an AR-15. Because I would have killed that psycho with MY AR-15 first.

Do you scare the other children sitting in your child's class cradling an AR-15? You have just verified that current gun control is completely ineffective.

I know an outright ban will never happen....but I can dream.

Why? Why would you dream of that? Your dream is a world where innocent and law abiding people die because their hands were tied and they couldn't protect themselves from the criminals. You think that criminals are going to just do what the law says because you ask them nicely? They're going to keep doing what they want, when they want, to whom they want, because they want.

If this is your dream, then YOU are the one who is psychotic, not Adam Lanza.

But why can other 1st world nations restrict access and still be able to lead a civilized society. Why are we the only 1st world country that needs such unrestricted access to fire arms?

Maybe guns don't cause crime. Maybe the decay into criminality is actually caused by things that are completely irrelevant to gun, like poverty, poor education, and poor overall opportunities for economic stability.

Why can't we make it harder to own a gun? Why can't we stiffen the penalty for possessing one illegally? Why can't we greatly restrict the types of guns, ammo that can be legally owned? Of course we can...other nations have successfully done it and.......wait for it......their crime rates haven't exploded with this "inability to defend themselves".

See above. This issue is not about causing more crime. It's about PREVENTING crime. There is a difference.

I get it, you like your toys, it makes you feel more like a real man to have your gun.

See, this is the kind of backwards thinking that causes these problems. The gun does not make the man. The man makes the gun what it will be. Either an instrument of crime, or an instrument of lawful abidance.

But a gun is a tool intended for killing and you can't justify a need for it other than killing.

1) I DO intend to kill with it. I intend to kill any person who breaks into my home ready to do harm to me or my family. If you break into my home I don't intend talk with you, I don't intend negotiate with you, I don't intend to simply trust that giving you my wallet will send you on your way. I intend to KILL. And if you think that I'm wrong for that, then too bad.

2) Who are you to demand that I justify my need for any one thing or another? You are not the arbiter of freedom.

I am of the mind that not every idiot needs the ability to end someones life at any point.

You seem to be of the mind that everyone is an idiot. Maybe you should step away and return to the subject when you've found a way to deal with your own self righteousness.

Last edited:
if more guns were the answer we would already be the safest nation in the world

Then explain Switzerland.

Switzerland has one if the highest gun ownership rates in the world. And by "arms" I am referring to fully automatic assault rifles. Incidentally, Switzerland also has a much lower homicide rate than we do. For every 100,000 people, the Swiss have a 0.7 crime rate. Meanwhile, the US has a 4.2 crime rate; six times as high.

Exactly. The U.S. has a culture problem, not a gun problem.

So you're saying you don't like Americans? Is that why you have so many guns?

Guns don't scare me. It's people like you owning them that scare me. The average person is an idiot and certainly shouldn't be allowed to possess the power that comes along with owning a gun.

but the "average" person is an idiot who should not be able to own a gun to protect themselves? What else would you eliminate the average person from doing?
This is great, so honest, because only a Liberal would admit that they know whats better for the average person than they do.

Going to start calling you Yogi since you have been telling me that you are smarter than the average bear.

I didn't say I should own a gun, did I? I don't need one. Just like you don't need one.

No you didn't and I didn't say you did.
Just said that according to you. you could own any type of gun if you were inclined to do so..Just not anyone else.

My thinking on how laws should be made is that if people can't follow common sense and only if that lack of common sense affects other people should an action be outlawed.

Alcohol, drugs, prostitution, abortions all, at in part, are acts that people want to do to themselves. Having a gun implies what someone wants to do to someone else. If one wants to buy an excessive weapon which can harm other people and does not have the common sense not to there needs to be a law against such behavior.

I'm going to tell you the same thing I told someone else earlier. Do not quote me if you're going to completely dodge what I said. In this case, I have no interest in hearing your babble on about irrelevancies that nobody else is talking about. Let's keep it on point: Prohibition does not stop proliferation.

Since we are working with hypotheticals here, such as black helicopters, coming to take your guns. If your child was killed by a pycho with an AR-15 would you still feel that any psycho that wants one should be able to have one?

Hypothetically speaking, my child would never be killed by a psycho with an AR-15. Because I would have killed that psycho with MY AR-15 first.

You sit at school with your child every day?

You spend 24 hours a day with your child?

Speaking of fantasy scenarios. You just introduced another one.

You're free to leave the country anytime. Good luck.

Fortunately, our Constitutional rights aren't subjugated by your bed wetting.

oooh, the old "you're free to leave" argument. Good for you.

And you're free to own a musket like they did when the 2nd amendment was written.

And you're free to point out the part of the Second Amendment that says you have the right to only bear a musket.

Right after you tell me about the militia you are a part of.

Of course it can...I take mine to cull coyotes and hunt wild boar.

I can hunt deer in Missouri with an AR15 down to .223 caliber.

Riiigght. So when the gun designer designed those semi and full autos he was thinking about hunting, right? :cool::cool:

I would suspect that the designers did what designers of civilian weapons have always done, take a battle proven rifle platform and made it available to the civilian population.

It's the modular nature of the M16 that initially made the AR15 so popular.

A person could repair it, and tweek it without purchasing expensive gunsmithing tools.

I bought one while I was still in the Army.

The wife is calling me to dinner. BBS.

God, I hope she does not give you a steak knife.

It's not up to you to decide what someone does or doesn't need. Go mind your own business and worry about yourself.

20 kids dead will do that. Its hard to argue against that emotional bomb honestly.

You just admitted that the pro-gun control argument is purely emotional. Reason has nothing to do with it. That's the basis of all Democrat legislation. Rule by crisis.

As opposed to the Republican method, which is to cause unnecessary crisis...

If you guys backed common sense gun safety laws, you wouldn't have the Loughners, the HOlmeses and the Lanzas of the world making the policy for you.

Forum List

Back