Union Boss salaries- They have a lot in common with the people they represent

Wow, nice deflection, Toro... You are teaching the master of deflection there...

Of course, the middle class has declined as unions have declined.

Which is why the Koch Brothers want us fighting over the last cookie.

The data says that living standards for the middle class has risen, not fallen nor stagnated as you claim.

Wow, nice deflection, Toro... You are teaching the master of deflection there...

The data says that living standards for the middle class has risen, not fallen nor stagnated as you claim.

False analysis does not make the conclusion so.

Give us the charts on purchasing power, or just shut up.

Then surely you can produce graphs that clearly show that the purchasing power of working Americans have significantly increased. We await. Don't want words, want graphs with explanations (not yours).
SNIP [/url]

Not what I asked for. If you can't give the graphs I have requested or won't, then by Affirmative Silence, you admit that the working classes have not prospered well in the last 30 years.

I've provided the data you asked for. If you are unable to process it, it's not my problem.

False analysis does not make the conclusion so.

Give us the charts on purchasing power, or just shut up.

I've given you the charts. You're being obtuse. Not my problem.

You can manipulate the data to say that the sky is made of grape jelly.

I'm going by real facts. I'm also going by what I see in my own life, my family's lives, and people I know lives...

We are not doing nearly as well as our parents did even with more education.

I'm going by real facts. I'm also going by what I see in my own life, my family's lives, and people I know lives...

It's not manipulating the data. You are engaging in confirmation bias for the millionth time here. Sorry that you're not doing better than your parents but anecdotes is not empirical evidence.

And yet my husband and I have done considerably better than did our parents. And our children have done considerably better than we have. I am observing the same trends among our friends, family, neighbors. So my anecdotal experience trumps yours if that is the criteria to be used.

Maybe if you got out of the union hall and saw how the real world works without artificial manipulation, you might have a different perspective.

And yet my husband and I have done considerably better than did our parents. And our children have done considerably better than we have. I am observing the same trends among our friends, family, neighbors. So my anecdotal experience trumps yours if that is the criteria to be used.

Maybe if you got out of the union hall and saw how the real world works without artificial manipulation, you might have a different perspective.

Same here.

Your charts do not answer the simple question. This may help you.

Doesn't link.

If it's a simple question, you should be able to answer it, right? You've offered nothing thus far. If you have anything, feel free to share it.

Try it again. It does link.. I just opened it.

That's an extension of what I posted earlier. It's the same chart. My data stopped at 2006. That link stops at 2010. Go back and read what I wrote.

It's not manipulating the data. You are engaging in confirmation bias for the millionth time here. Sorry that you're not doing better than your parents but anecdotes is not empirical evidence.

Nobody I know is doing better than their parents, dumbass. That's the point.

This is what 30 years of war on working folks have brought us.

A hollowed out middle class...

You mustn't know many people then.

And you took a shot at PC for not having any friends. Tsk, tsk.

Doesn't link.

If it's a simple question, you should be able to answer it, right? You've offered nothing thus far. If you have anything, feel free to share it.

That's an extension of what I posted earlier. It's the same chart. My data stopped at 2006. That link stops at 2010. Go back and read what I wrote.

Study the chart. Nothing you wrote changes the lines of the graph. The lower 60% is not doing better and has not for a very long time.

Why do you lie?

Study the chart. Nothing you wrote changes the lines of the graph. The lower 60% is not doing better and has not for a very long time.

Why do you lie?

Why are you stupid?

Total compensation - including salary and wages, pensions, medical, etc. - for all income strata has risen since 1970, 1980 and 1990 adjusted for inflation.

The stupidity is yours, Toro. The charts don't lie and you can't turn straw into gold. Stop lying.

You mustn't know many people then.

And you took a shot at PC for not having any friends. Tsk, tsk.

Wow, stalking me on other threads... you know the neighbors are complaining about the tissues you keep leaving in their bushes.

I know a lot of people. Nearly all of them say the same thing... More debt, less oppurtunity. Don't know if they will ever get their kids into college.

And frankly, I'm not a young guy. I see the generation that is following mine having an even harder time of it.

I am squarely middle class--well probably more on the low end of middle class--and I have had jobs I loved, jobs I hated, have earned wages that I thought were not commensurate with my abilities and contributions to a company, but I've never earned less than I agreed to work for. Because I chose to accept a crappy job when nothing else was available, was not the fault of the system. But we have also been willing to change jobs when we needed to and were able to, to move when we needed to in order to better our position, and we both have always given better than what our jobs required of us which has allowed us to move up to better circumstances.

Unlike what the union mentality would have us believe, most Americans willingh to work for what they receive and willing to do what they need to do to get ahead, are doing pretty well. Those stuck in the "I deserve more of what you have" mentality very often don't prosper as well because it shows up in their work ethic, their atttitude, and their outlook on life in general.

Forum List

Back