Unions fight for back pay for furloughed federal workers.

There is some justification for paying furloughed gubmint workers because the work they normally do isn't getting done when they're gone.

So, when they come back, they have work harder to catch up.

I still wouldn't pay them. Just to be a prick.

Don't like it? Quit

The unionized government employees will get overtime pay if they have to work longer to catch up. So there is ABSOLUTELY NO JUSTIFICATION for paying unionized government employees for their extra vacation.

They should work without pay to show appreciation for their guaranteed overpaid government job. Government screws the private sector & makes them eat-it. Farmers only get paid once a year. What happened when President Carter embargoed grain? He screwed them out of a years pay plus they lost on all their investment into the crop. But OMFG a government employee may be inconvenienced a bit by a government decision to give them more vacation, so tax payers must pay.

Congress needs to admit their pettiness, get down on their knees to apologize and pay the loyal workers they have so thoughtlessly abused

They only get on their knees for the big money crowd.

Workers, on the other hand, can eat shit and bark at the moon.

No, just the gazillion "non-essential" workers that have been laid off. Question: If they're non-essential, why so we need them? We don't have non-essential workers, if you work here, it is because you are needed.

Congress needs to admit their pettiness, get down on their knees to apologize and pay the loyal workers they have so thoughtlessly abused

No, just the gazillion "non-essential" workers that have been laid off. Question: If they're non-essential, why so we need them? We don't have non-essential workers, if you work here, it is because you are needed.

And therein lies the lesson in all of this.

Simple solution

Congress should serve without pay until every worker they have harmed has been repaid

What do you do for a living?

If you did not show up for work tomorrow, would people die?

You are not very essential are you?

The term 'essential' is relative. No one ever died because I would have to occasionally call in sick, but I was considered an essential worker. I'm glad I retired. Where I worked they do not consider the clerks 'essential.' WTF? How do you run a clinic without support personnel? If I had not retired, I would be ready to quit by now.

The term 'essential' is relative. No one ever died because I would have to occasionally call in sick, but I was considered an essential worker. I'm glad I retired. Where I worked they do not consider the clerks 'essential.' WTF? How do you run a clinic without support personnel? If I had not retired, I would be ready to quit by now.

The key to the Government determination of essential was whether there would be an immediate irreversable impact if you were dismissed from work. The loss of many people would not be felt for weeks or months. They are therefore non-essential. That does not mean their jobs are not important

The key to the Government determination of essential was whether there would be an immediate irreversable impact if you were dismissed from work. The loss of many people would not be felt for weeks or months. They are therefore non-essential. That does not mean their jobs are not important

Medical clinics cannot run without their clerks. If they could no doctor's office would have them because doctor's offices are in it to make money. They don't have 'nonessential' personnel.

Let em use their vacation pay. Thats what I would have to do.

Of course I'm not payed with taxpayer dollars.

Fucking government always takes care of their own. To hell with us tax paying citizens.

House votes to give furloughed federal workers back pay: "A bill that provides back pay for furloughed Federal workers during the government shutdown unanimously passed the House during a rare Saturday session on Capitol Hill... Retroactive pay is guaranteed under the bill, but federal workers can't expect their paychecks until after the government shutdown ends and Congress reaches a resolution on the budget."

Fucking government always takes care of their own. To hell with us tax paying citizens.

House votes to give furloughed federal workers back pay: "A bill that provides back pay for furloughed Federal workers during the government shutdown unanimously passed the House during a rare Saturday session on Capitol Hill... Retroactive pay is guaranteed under the bill, but federal workers can't expect their paychecks until after the government shutdown ends and Congress reaches a resolution on the budget."

You do know that federal employees are "tax paying citizens" too, right?

Forum List

Back