Universal Basic Income: Biden's Best Bet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PFD also keeps Alaska from imposing a State tax which was repealed in 1980 (iirc)
Imagine that! A State repealing state taxes!!
It's not as if Alaskans can't afford a state income tax:

Alaska GDP and Per-Capita GDP | Department of Numbers.

"Alaska per-capita GDP was $74,343 in 2019. which is $9,103 higher than the US per-capita GDP."

Which is the irony of your point. The Alaska perm fund is $1,000 for the whole year, for a group of people that already make significantly more than the US average.

I don't get it. How has Trump, or anyone on the right-wing, caused democrat run states, or democrat run cities, or democrat policies, created homelessness?
You don't get it because it isn't about Republicans or Democrats.

It is about creditors vs debtors and both major parties side with the former:

"(See Citigroup Has Made a Sap of the Fed: It’s Borrowing at 0.35 % from the Fed While Charging Struggling Consumers 27.4 % on Credit Cards.)"

But this to me is stupid.... because if you choose to borrow from Citigroup... that's between you and Citigroup.

That has nothing to do with Trump, or Republicans, or Democrats, or government, or anything.

You know how high interest rates are on Credit Cards.

You agreed to this.

You are the idiot.

I have not owned a credit card since about 2005. My average wage from 2005 to 2015 was barely $20,000 a year.

Live on less than you make. Keep $1,000 in the bank at all times. If you don't have the money for something... don't buy it.

I don't understand people who blame government, for their own ridiculously stupid choices.

Or blame the banks. The bank didn't force you at gun point to take a loan, or buy crap you didn't need, with money you didn't have. How is your stupidity, their fault?

Phrase "Personal Responsibility". It's incumbent on you, to make wise choices for your life. Not government, not corporations, not the banks. YOU. JUST YOU.

I use a credit card for everything.

I pay the balance in full every statement. Get cash back and convenience. Some free float.

" If you don't have the money for something... don't buy it."

I don't get it. How has Trump, or anyone on the right-wing, caused democrat run states, or democrat run cities, or democrat policies, created homelessness?
You don't get it because it isn't about Republicans or Democrats.

It is about creditors vs debtors and both major parties side with the former:

"(See Citigroup Has Made a Sap of the Fed: It’s Borrowing at 0.35 % from the Fed While Charging Struggling Consumers 27.4 % on Credit Cards.)"

But this to me is stupid.... because if you choose to borrow from Citigroup... that's between you and Citigroup.

That has nothing to do with Trump, or Republicans, or Democrats, or government, or anything.

You know how high interest rates are on Credit Cards.

You agreed to this.

You are the idiot.

I have not owned a credit card since about 2005. My average wage from 2005 to 2015 was barely $20,000 a year.

Live on less than you make. Keep $1,000 in the bank at all times. If you don't have the money for something... don't buy it.

I don't understand people who blame government, for their own ridiculously stupid choices.

Or blame the banks. The bank didn't force you at gun point to take a loan, or buy crap you didn't need, with money you didn't have. How is your stupidity, their fault?

Phrase "Personal Responsibility". It's incumbent on you, to make wise choices for your life. Not government, not corporations, not the banks. YOU. JUST YOU.

I pay the balance in full every statement. Get cash back and convenience. Some free float.

I'll never have a credit card again, for the rest of my life.

My only point to those who use credit cards is... if you end up homeless or in trouble, or broke, or with bills you can't pay... and you use a credit card? That's on you for being stupid.

I have not paid interest on any debts or loans since about 2006. I owe no one, anywhere, anything.

If you don't either, more power to you. Do what you think is best.

But for me, debt card does everything I need. Can't miss a payment. Can't get a late fee. Can't get a service charge. Nothing.

I pay cash for everything, but online, always use a credit card because you really have few other choices. Where I live there are no stores nearby so I do a lot of shopping on Amazon. If somebody breaks into their system, steals your card number and uses it, the credit card company won't charge you for the illegal transactions.

Should we ask persons on the street in tent cities if they would stay there if they had recourse to unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States?
Go ahead and waste your time asking street people anything you'd like. You might come to the realization that many are there by choice, even if that choice was injecting heroin too many times.
The only choices they currently have?

This is what we are supposed to be doing with our Government:

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Not, waging useless and alleged wars on abstractions.

Still no questions
I have no questions of you because you have nothing to say.
I can generate your opinions with this simple formula:
1. At will employment
2. Equal protection of laws
3. Solve simple poverty
Mix incoherently with a pinch of hoax and fallacy, bits of lazy entitlement and virtue signaling for best results.
Should we ask persons on the street in tent cities if they would stay there if they had recourse to unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States?
That would be dishonest. It would be more honest if you asked them if they would stay there if they had recourse to welfare. Bot, thy name is dogma.
They obviously are being denied and disparaged welfare as well. Equal protection of the laws, not if Right Wingers have anything to say about it.

n other words, you want the US to hand out $328,000,000,000,000 every month? Thats 4 trillion dollars annually. Are you fucking high?
Do you work in the FIRE sector?
Think of UBI as QE for productive Americans.

bailouts.jpg

The New York Fed, Pumping Out More than $9 Trillion in Bailouts Since September, Gets Market Advice from Giant Hedge Funds

"The New York Fed was in charge of almost all of the secret $29 trillion in bailouts during the 2007 to 2010 financial crisis.

"Congress never approved these loans or was even aware of where the money was going.

"After the Fed lost a multi-year court battle to keep its bailouts a dark secret from the American people, we learned that Morgan Stanley was one of the largest recipients, receiving a cumulative total of $2.04 trillion according to the audit conducted by the Government Accountability Office (GAO)..."

"On top of those facilities, beginning on September 17, 2019 – months before the first case of COVID-19 was reported in the United States – the New York Fed embarked on a massive emergency repo loan operation, which had reached $6 trillion cumulatively in loans by January 6.:eek:

"(See Federal Reserve Admits It Pumped More than $6 Trillion to Wall Street in Recent Six Week Period.).

n other words, you want the US to hand out $328,000,000,000,000 every month? Thats 4 trillion dollars annually. Are you fucking high?
Do you work in the FIRE sector?
Think of UBI as QE for productive Americans.

bailouts.jpg

The New York Fed, Pumping Out More than $9 Trillion in Bailouts Since September, Gets Market Advice from Giant Hedge Funds

"The New York Fed was in charge of almost all of the secret $29 trillion in bailouts during the 2007 to 2010 financial crisis.

"Congress never approved these loans or was even aware of where the money was going.

"After the Fed lost a multi-year court battle to keep its bailouts a dark secret from the American people, we learned that Morgan Stanley was one of the largest recipients, receiving a cumulative total of $2.04 trillion according to the audit conducted by the Government Accountability Office (GAO)..."

"On top of those facilities, beginning on September 17, 2019 – months before the first case of COVID-19 was reported in the United States – the New York Fed embarked on a massive emergency repo loan operation, which had reached $6 trillion cumulatively in loans by January 6.:eek:

"(See Federal Reserve Admits It Pumped More than $6 Trillion to Wall Street in Recent Six Week Period.).
I have never heard of that stories source. For all i know, its just another weirdo conspiracy website. Also, i dont know what that has to do with what i posted.

The only choices they currently have?
People who have narrowed their choices via poor decision making are not my problem.
This is what we are supposed to be doing with our Government:
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
Provide and promote have different meanings.
Not, waging useless and alleged wars on abstractions.
We're not doing that, so your contention is irrelevant diversion.

Still no questions
1. At will employment
3. Solve simple poverty
Mix incoherently with a pinch of hoax and fallacy, bits of lazy entitlement and virtue signaling for best results.
That would be dishonest. It would be more honest if you asked them if they would stay there if they had recourse to welfare. Bot, thy name is dogma.
They obviously are being denied and disparaged welfare as well. Equal protection of the laws, not if Right Wingers have anything to say about it.
Be honest and call it welfare. Stop calling it UC, because what you want is NOT that.

Still no questions
1. At will employment
3. Solve simple poverty
Be honest and call it welfare. Stop calling it UC, because what you want is NOT that.
You stop calling welfare because it is not means tested.

Still no questions
1. At will employment
3. Solve simple poverty
Call it a Universal Income then and state clearly that you want to be paid to smoke pot in Mom's basement.

Still no questions
1. At will employment
3. Solve simple poverty
Call it a Universal Income then and state clearly that you want to be paid to smoke pot in Mom's basement.
It is merely and only, compensation for capitalism's natural rate of unemployment. And an actual solution to a known problem; what a capital and market friendly concept.

Free market capitalism and full employment of capital resources is the return on that promotion of the general welfare investment.
When productive capitalism gives way to monopoly capitalism, a new brand of parasite is born:

MR Online | Notes on Marx’s “General Law of Capitalist Accumulation”

"Before long, too, the system breeds a new species: Marx labels them 'a new financial aristocracy, a new variety of parasites in the shape of promoters, speculators and nominal directors, a whole system of swindling and cheating by means of corporation promotion, stock issuance, and stock speculation.'
flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

"Could Marx be talking about us?

"By God yes.

"Nowadays, we know these people by name, by sleazy reputation; we know, too, that within the overall accumulation process this new financial aristocracy has a stake very different to that of productive capital’s."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back