University seminar teaches faculty not to judge ‘quality’ of writing when grading

How dare someone expect anyone to be able to express what they have learned. Learning is not something a person should have to do in college.

How dare someone expect anyone to be able to express what they have learned. Learning is not something a person should have to do in college.

Washington state. No liberals there, huh? Once again, you cherry pick your topics and then paint with that broad brush.

My son left the state when he could no longer stomach the liberalism.

Don't like it? MOVE!

Washington state. No liberals there, huh? Once again, you cherry pick your topics and then paint with that broad brush.

Don't like it? MOVE!
Are you upset because I think that a college should actually expect someone to learn, expect someone to do better because they are no longer in grade school or are you upset because you think that a college should not expect too much from those they are supposed to teach?

Don't like it? MOVE!
Are you upset because I think that a college should actually expect someone to learn, expect someone to do better because they are no longer in grade school or are you upset because you think that a college should not expect too much from those they are supposed to teach?

Neither. I made no such claims. I suggested if you don't like it, move, as my son did!

Don't like it? MOVE!

Neither. I made no such claims. I suggested if you don't like it, move, as my son did!
I have not been in college for so long I still remember them teaching. I still remember them allowing competing ideas to be expressed. Funny that you would suggest someone move. Do you also suggest everyone that does not agree with you on every thing leave the country?

I don't live in that city nor even that state but I still feel that a college should expect more from its students. Participation trophys should not be the norm in college.

Sorry if that offends you.

Don't like it? MOVE!

I have not been in college for so long I still remember them teaching. I still remember them allowing competing ideas to be expressed. Funny that you would suggest someone move. Do you also suggest everyone that does not agree with you on every thing leave the country?

I don't live in that city nor even that state but I still feel that a college should expect more from its students. Participation trophys should not be the norm in college.

If you leave the area where these liberal colleges are located, they cannot affect you and yours. You will starve them of the tax dollars they feed upon. Simple solution.

Don't like it? MOVE!

If you leave the area where these liberal colleges are located, they cannot affect you and yours. You will starve them of the tax dollars they feed upon. Simple solution.
I see you did not read my post.
I do not live in the area nor do I plan to. I find it offensive that anyone should be required to move out of any area just to recieve the education they are paying for.
The mere fact that that a college feels it is acceptable to lower its standards in such a way is unacceptable.
If a store in your area decides to lower its standards do you plan to move? If a construction company in your area decides to lower its standards do you plan to move? Where do you plan to draw the line? After every school and collage has dropped their standards?
You claim I painted with a broad brush but you seem willing to hide your head in the sand. Perhaps more people should be outraged when acceptable standards are lowered.

Don't like it? MOVE!

I see you did not read my post.
I do not live in the area nor do I plan to. I find it offensive that anyone should be required to move out of any area just to recieve the education they are paying for.
The mere fact that that a college feels it is acceptable to lower its standards in such a way is unacceptable.
If a store in your area decides to lower its standards do you plan to move? If a construction company in your area decides to lower its standards do you plan to move? Where do you plan to draw the line? After every school and collage has dropped their standards?
You claim I painted with a broad brush but you seem willing to hide your head in the sand. Perhaps more people should be outraged when acceptable standards are lowered.

I would not patronize that store, that construction company, or any others that did not meet my standards. I draw the line at conversing with people who know the difference in college and collage.

Forum List

Back