Unpatriotic Dems In Virginia Erases Confederate Holiday

Actually slavery existed in the south for 200 years before the Democratic Party was formed

Baptist Conservatives existed for those 200 years and beyond

True, Americans didn't invented slavery.

But Americans that supported slavery were all Democrats. They also fought to keep it.
Americans that fought against slavery were Republicans and later Unioninsts.
Democrats did not bring slavery to this country

That would be Southern Conservatives

Slavery was brought to this country before them too. Conservatives were present in the North and South.

Conservatives in the North did not owned the slaves, only those in South did, and yes, they were all Democrats.
Very true
And Democrats in the North did not own slaves

Does that make it a North/South issue?

Democrats in the North were pro slavery and for expansion of slavery to the territories, and because of that they stayed Democrats, otherwise they would leave the party. Beside, they couldn't own the slaves above Mason-Dixon line.
Actually, they weren’t.

Not anymore than northern Democrat’s advocated Jim Crow.

What was consistent was it was a North/South issue

Slavery and Jim Crow were part of the “Peculiar Institution” of the south and had nothing to do with political affiliation

And yet --- I just had a wag ( 2aguy ) try to tell me "the Democrats started the Civil War and fought the Republicans".

You'd like to say it was war between north and south, but in reality, it was war between Republicans and Democrats.

republicans who supported the confederacy? but hated slavery?

democrats who WANTED slaves and slavery but FOUGHT against the confederacy?

you are truly deranged

and THAT is why you vote trump

Where have I said Republicans supported confederacy, moron?
Today...in 2020......who are the ones most likely to have a hissy fit whenever a confederate monument is taken down...

A republican

Or

A democrat....

There is no need to go back to what either party did 150 years ago....I am talking today....

It's not about Republican or Democrat, but about history.

As long those monuments are in place, they will remind us of history. Tell me, why are Democrats so eager to remove monuments that are exposing the truth about them?

I'm curious....

in your deranged brain what color uniforms are the DEMOCRATS wearing?

blue?
grey?

Actually slavery existed in the south for 200 years before the Democratic Party was formed

Baptist Conservatives existed for those 200 years and beyond

But Americans that supported slavery were all Democrats. They also fought to keep it.

Slavery was brought to this country before them too. Conservatives were present in the North and South.

Conservatives in the North did not owned the slaves, only those in South did, and yes, they were all Democrats.
Very true

Democrats in the North were pro slavery and for expansion of slavery to the territories, and because of that they stayed Democrats, otherwise they would leave the party. Beside, they couldn't own the slaves above Mason-Dixon line.

That's curious, because their (1860) candidate wasn't. As I schooled your sorry ass yesterday and before, the Democrat position was, say it with me, 'popular sovereignty'. That means each new state would choose for itself and the federal government would stay out of their way.

And that's because the Democrats were all about "states rights" and smaller decentralized government, whereas the Whigs, who largely populated the then-new Republican Party, were all about doing big things with a big central government. That's why Buchanan hesitated to act against the uprising South -- he didn't believe the President had the authority. Lincoln did. And yes, Lincoln had been a Whig.

Matter of fact that's pretty much why the South kicked the Democratic Party out --- because they wouldn't take the position of expanding Slavery as you hallucinate here with your pipeful of wishful thinking. As in "I WISH I could rewrite the history books". Whelp --- ain't gonna happen. Deal with it.

Not to mention that no Republican owned the slave, meaning that all 4.5 million slaves were owned by Democrats.

They were owned by Baptist Conservatives

Democrats.

300 years actually,

Over which time they were being shipped and sold in the Caribbean and South America in far greater numbers, where the Democratic Party has never existed at all. And the poster's been told this repeatedly, yet here he is trotting out the same bullshit expecting different results.

600,000 African slaves were brought to the US.
Twelve million were captured and sent to the Americas. Four and a half million to Brazil alone.

That means 95% of those slaves went to places where the Democratic Party has never existed.

From this, following American'tdo's logic, we must conclude that the Democratic Party curtailed the slave trade, bigly.

Yet, in US only Democrats fought to keep slavery.

For the 195th time ----- the Confederacy had no political parties.

PROVE they did.

You'd like to say it was war between north and south, but in reality, it was war between Republicans and Democrats.

you are truly deranged

Today...in 2020......who are the ones most likely to have a hissy fit whenever a confederate monument is taken down...

A republican

Or

A democrat....

There is no need to go back to what either party did 150 years ago....I am talking today....

As long those monuments are in place, they will remind us of history. Tell me, why are Democrats so eager to remove monuments that are exposing the truth about them?
Yet all you have consistently done is claim "ALL DEMOCRATS WERE SLAVE OWNERS...AND ALL REPUBLICANS WERE ANTI-SLAVERY" -- Now is it about parties or not??

Here is the reason why you folks keep harping on this delusional party label distinction, it is because you don't want the distinction to be about IDEAOLOGY.....

The fact is it that it was the "CONSERVATIVES" who since the very beginning wanted to maintain slavery....It's the "CONSERVATIVES" who after the Confederacy lost, VIOLENTLY OPPOSED the policy of Re-Construction..they called that policy too "PROGRESSIVE" -- the reason there was even a KKK -- was because it was a group formed in DIRECT opposition to that progressive policy of Re-construction….

It was the "CONSERVATIVES" who after the end of re-construction, began implementing Jim Crow policies, it was the "CONSERVATIVES" who started erecting all of these monuments to confederates -- as their way of signaling a return to the past -- a more "CONSERVATIVE" return to the past....

And in 2020....it is the CONSERVATIVES who continue to whine and cry whenever these confederate monuments get torn down...and saying "but the Democrats started the KKK" and "The democrats owned slaves" none of those goofy ass retorts actually refutes that fact......

It doesn't seem to sink in to their shallow collective brain that the Democratic Party at the time was where the conservatives hung out. Hell they kept hanging out long past their welcome until 1964. The Liberals at the time joined the Republicans, because that's what the idea of Abolition is --- Liberal.

This level of ignorance depends on the fatally flawed premise that a political party is some kind of ideological anchor that never moves or shifts with the winds, as ALL political parties do. That's also why American'tdo has been running away from my treatise on the mutual shifting of the Democratic and Republican Parties at the turn of the century way back here --- because it undermines his whole fantasy and the ridiculous premise it teeters on.

As a recent post put it:
only a fucking moron would be surprised to see that the situations evolved differently over time.

So on the one hand they'll try to sell us this bogus idea that "politiical party X" of 2020 is the same thing as "political party X" of 1860, and then find themselves in the untenable position of defending ant attacking that party at the same time. "Democrats started the Civil War but let's make sure we honor their monuments". Can't have it both ways, yet their too drunk on partisan hackology to see themselves in the mirror.

Last edited:
Every time a subject like this comes up -- it is ALWAYS the so-called "conservatives" who keeps lying about it...…

Every time a subject like this comes up -- it is ALWAYS the so-called "conservatives" who continues to reflexively try to defend the Confederacy....

It's almost like the so-called "conservatives" and the "confederacy" share the same ideology….

The "Confederacy" was accepted as part of American Heritage, long ago. The respect for their fallen soldiers was morphed into regional pride, as part of the larger American Nationalism, while the reasons for the rebellion became moot and the desire for secession was immediately dropped.

So, yes, Conservatives are looking to conserve this aspect of American history and culture.

ONly a race baiting asshole would find anything wrong with this.

Here's yet another example of trying to have it both ways. Here's a wag who actually wants to make "American Nationalism" out of American Separatism, and thinks he can get away with it.

As a recent post put it:
"A completely different situation. Literally, EVERYTHING about it, is different."

Hey, that was you. Curious how when it's advantageous to do so suddenly having it both ways isn't so priceless after all.

SMGDH

Political affiliations from 150 years ago are no longer relevant

What is relevant is that TODAY it is Republicans defending the imagery and legacy of the Confederacy.
It is Republicans stirring up Virginians to continue a holiday that is no longer wanted by most Virginians. They do not want their children celebrating the deeds of Lee and Jackson

Very true

Actually, they weren’t.

Slavery and Jim Crow were part of the “Peculiar Institution” of the south and had nothing to do with political affiliation

That basis is exactly why when the Civil Rights Act of 1964 came to a vote, the Southern Congressional contingent voted against it in bipartisan numbers --- the Republicans more against it than the Democrats --- while the Congress from everywhere else voted for it in the same bipartisan fashion. Yet the mendacious will sit on this board and try to massage the numbers into a political party thing. We've seen them do it. With a straight face.

Every time a subject like this comes up -- it is ALWAYS the so-called "conservatives" who keeps lying about it...…

Every time a subject like this comes up -- it is ALWAYS the so-called "conservatives" who continues to reflexively try to defend the Confederacy....

It's almost like the so-called "conservatives" and the "confederacy" share the same ideology….

The "Confederacy" was accepted as part of American Heritage, long ago. The respect for their fallen soldiers was morphed into regional pride, as part of the larger American Nationalism, while the reasons for the rebellion became moot and the desire for secession was immediately dropped.

So, yes, Conservatives are looking to conserve this aspect of American history and culture.

You dic suckers would be the same ones in Germany trying to romanticize the Nazis as just your way of "conserving" culture.....

History has spoken and continues to speak....and you dumb asses continue to be on the wrong side of it..fuk what you talking about

Germans exterminated the Nazi party. If we follow your logic, we should do the same with Democrat party, right?

If that is the case, why don't you find statues and monuments of Nazis in Germany. For the simple fact of not all history should be celebrated.

A completely different situation. Literally, EVERYTHING about it, is different.

That you have to have that explained to you, just shows how lib brains don't work.

Both were evil, both committed atrocities, both were traitors. I know that is hard for you to accept.

Well, I guess if you are general enough you can find some similarities.

Yes, in a war, both committed atrocities. Interestingly enough, in both examples, their enemies committed atrocities too. So, I don't know what you think you proved with that one.

Oh, right, you are just a monkey throwing shit against a wall.

Anyway, the two situations were massively different, so only a fucking moron would be surprised to see that the situations evolved differently over time.

Sorry dumbass the 2 belong together in history. Many of the atrocities they committed were before the war even started, but I am pretty sure even a moron like you could figure that out.

Sure, a slave owning agrarian 19th century confederacy in rebellion and a 20th century totalitarian industrial genocidal state waging a massive war of conquest,

two peas in a pod.

If you are a drooling retard, too stupid to wipe his own ass.

For everyone else, that bit where you seriously and literally argued that they were the same, all you did was verify that you are just a monkey throwing shit at the wall, hoping someone is stupid enough to believe it,

and thus support your side.

you are truly deranged

A republican

Or

A democrat....

Are they?

Like what?

You're the asshat that's been trying to rewrite history here and getting your ass handed to you in return soooooo...... :dunno:

Like what? Like that Democrats were pro-slavery, they fought for slavery, they created KKK, they were against civil right...

History is already written, no need for revising it. Democrats will always be in history party of slavery. You can't escape that. We wont let you. :D

Very true

Actually, they weren’t.

Name political parties in the South at that time.
Now name political party in the South that were against slavery.

Here's yet another example of trying to have it both ways. Here's a wag who actually wants to make "American Nationalism" out of American Separatism, and thinks he can get away with it.

As a recent post put it:
"A completely different situation. Literally, EVERYTHING about it, is different."

Hey, that was you. Curious how when it's advantageous to do so suddenly having it both ways isn't so priceless after all.

That is the historical record. The South for 5 generations has been expressing pride in itself as a region, while also expressing pride in itself as part of a greater whole.

And for 5 generations, the rest of the nation has been just fine with that.

Until, the modern lefty decided to reopen ancient wounds, because they are assholes like that.

you are truly deranged

A republican

Or

A democrat....

Are they?

Like what?

You're the asshat that's been trying to rewrite history here and getting your ass handed to you in return soooooo...... :dunno:

Like what? Like that Democrats were pro-slavery, they fought for slavery, they created KKK, they were against civil right...

History is already written, no need for revising it. Democrats will always be in history party of slavery. You can't escape that. We wont let you. :D

History is indeed already written, so why are you on this message board trying to REwrite it?

Democrats did not "fight for slavery", their position was not slave expansion, and they did not create the KKK, and you've been schooled on ALL of these historical facts REPEATEDLY, yet here you are flinging the same mythological shit hoping it sticks to the wall. Why WOULD it stick to the wall when it's all been disproven? What, do you think the history book is just going to throw out all its evidence and give up after a century and a half, just because YOU posted a wishful-thinking fantasy on a message board?

What kind of hallucinogens are you snorting anyway?

ONCE AGAIN --- what you wrote above was, QUOTE:

why are Democrats so eager to remove monuments that are exposing the truth about them?

Now answer the fucking question and quit pussyfooting.

Last edited:

you are truly deranged

A republican

Or

A democrat....

I'm curious....

in your deranged brain what color uniforms are the DEMOCRATS wearing?

blue?
grey?

Was it South's decision to secede, or Democrats from South made that political decision by creating Confederate states?

Very true

Actually, they weren’t.

Name political parties in the South at that time.
Now name political party in the South that were against slavery.

Political parties in the South at the time were: Whigs (from about 1830), Democrats (from the 1830s), Know Nothings (1840s-'50s) and minor upstarts. Same as the North with the exception that Republicans organized in 1854 in the north, midwest and west only, and did not organize in the South until after the War. Prior to the 1830s, Federalists and Democratic-Republicans, as in the North, which was the environment when South Carolina first started agitating for secession in 1828.

Very true

That's curious, because their (1860) candidate wasn't. As I schooled your sorry ass yesterday and before, the Democrat position was, say it with me, 'popular sovereignty'. That means each new state would choose for itself and the federal government would stay out of their way.

And that's because the Democrats were all about "states rights" and smaller decentralized government, whereas the Whigs, who largely populated the then-new Republican Party, were all about doing big things with a big central government. That's why Buchanan hesitated to act against the uprising South -- he didn't believe the President had the authority. Lincoln did. And yes, Lincoln had been a Whig.

Matter of fact that's pretty much why the South kicked the Democratic Party out --- because they wouldn't take the position of expanding Slavery as you hallucinate here with your pipeful of wishful thinking. As in "I WISH I could rewrite the history books". Whelp --- ain't gonna happen. Deal with it.

You schooled me? Right, that's your pipe dream.

And this one is a real gem. :D

"South kicked the Democratic Party out"

LOL

The definition of lunacy:

A. Pretending the Civil War was a war of political parties (can you be any more moronic?)

B. Having a holiday in the first place, that commemorates the side who started a war, because it wanted the right to own other human beings, and lost that war.

C. Being all butthurt because folks no longer wanted that bizarre holiday to be a holiday.

D. All of the above.

You are good product of leftist education, aka, know nothing that is not in your favor.

Why stop there? Let's see...

Pretending that Democrat party was not party of slavery.
Pretending that Democrat party was not party of lynching laws.
Pretending that Democrat party was not party of Jim Crow laws.
Pretending that Democrat party was not party of KKK.
Pretending that Democrat party was not party of segregation.
Pretending that Democrat party is only party of civil rights.
Pretending that parties switched...

Shall we continue?
Nice rant. To bad it has nothing to do with the point.

They were owned by Baptist Conservatives

Democrats.

300 years actually,

Over which time they were being shipped and sold in the Caribbean and South America in far greater numbers, where the Democratic Party has never existed at all. And the poster's been told this repeatedly, yet here he is trotting out the same bullshit expecting different results.

600,000 African slaves were brought to the US.
Twelve million were captured and sent to the Americas. Four and a half million to Brazil alone.

That means 95% of those slaves went to places where the Democratic Party has never existed.

From this, following American'tdo's logic, we must conclude that the Democratic Party curtailed the slave trade, bigly.

Yet, in US only Democrats fought to keep slavery.

For the 195th time ----- the Confederacy had no political parties.

PROVE they did.

Who made decision to secede? Farmers? Trappers? Or politicians?

Confederacy was political decision, otherwise it wouldn't be feasible.

Now, name all political parties in the South at the time. Go.

You dic suckers would be the same ones in Germany trying to romanticize the Nazis as just your way of "conserving" culture.....

History has spoken and continues to speak....and you dumb asses continue to be on the wrong side of it..fuk what you talking about

Germans exterminated the Nazi party. If we follow your logic, we should do the same with Democrat party, right?

Alright. I admit, you are making a strong argument there.:beer:

Forum List

Back