Unpatriotic Dems In Virginia Erases Confederate Holiday

Yes. Neither of us are confused about that. So, please stop discussing it.

You made a point about TODAY'S blacks.

I asked you why they are more important than the rest of the nation and why they are not bound by the principles of multiculturalism.
The people of Virginia have spoken

They don’t want a Confederate Holiday

Yes, a majority of the people, driven primarily as you stated, by modern blacks.

I ask again, since you brought it up.

why they are more important than the rest of the nation and why they are not bound by the principles of multiculturalism?
You really don’t understand how a Democracy works

I understand how multicultualism is supposed to work. We are supposed to all live in harmony.

Why are the people of Virginia, primary, as you stated, the modern black ones, not being tolerant of Southern Whites who want to celebrate their culture and heritage?

And why do you support it? Does it not pose a huge problem for your multiculturalism and diversity agenda?

Sooooo you're sitting here admitting that this was a "white" holiday ---- after calling another poster "racist" for being concerned about blacks?

WOW dood. Hypocrite much?

We are past all of that. The question now is what are the standards by which some cultures are judged and others just get a pass.

The people of Virginia have spoken

They don’t want a Confederate Holiday

Yes, a majority of the people, driven primarily as you stated, by modern blacks.

why they are more important than the rest of the nation and why they are not bound by the principles of multiculturalism?

I understand how multicultualism is supposed to work. We are supposed to all live in harmony.

Why are the people of Virginia, primary, as you stated, the modern black ones, not being tolerant of Southern Whites who want to celebrate their culture and heritage?

And why do you support it? Does it not pose a huge problem for your multiculturalism and diversity agenda?
Southern culture is NOT a 4 year period where slave owners started a war they couldn't win. And yet, that's what you want the sum total to be....and you want to "celebrate" it.

Correct. It is more than that period. OF course a period of time in a region, where they were operating as an independent country, would loom large in any regional heritage.

So what? Who cares? Why is that important? I dont' care about that? DO you?

Hey, Vermont operated as an independent country for more than three times that period. Yet they don't have a state holiday for it. It's nothing more than an arcane historical factoid.

What's the difference?

Oh wait, I know. Vermont has never had slavery.

Correct, they are not the same thing. Therefore do not conflate them.

"Southern pride and heritage" is a cultural entity, a living breathing one. It lives in families, language, foods, music, customs and all the various manifestations of culture. For me it lives in my cousins, deceased parents aunts and uncles, places they took us, the food they fed us, the Stars and Bars I inherited from my mother, songs we played together, the very house I live in, and by the way it's absolutely subdivided into distinct and diverse regional cultures. The Cult of the Lost Cause on the other hand is a deceitful dishonest propaganda campaign designed to whitewash history.

So ---- "the state", or "the campaign" owns people now? Does said state or campaign get to determine how you will dress, wear your hair or beard and where you will live in life? It must, if it gets to edit your wishes to the opposite of what they were in death once you're out of the way to object.

It's an incontrovertible FACT that Robert E. Lee specifically opined that such statues NOT be erected. That means, because "one equals one", that those who do erect Lee statues are specifically disrespecting him while claiming by their action to do the opposite. At the very least, purporting themselves to be better judges of what Reconciliation than Lee himself, the very object they supposedly seek to glorify.

But they're not glorifying Lee, are they. They're glorifying their own historical bullshit. Lee put them in that position, and they went ahead and did it anyway, in the example posted yesterday in New Orleans, with his arms folded facing North in defiant confrontational posture, stark contrast to Lee's actual wish for reconciliation (that you yourself correctly cited). There's only one reason to do that, and it's outright lying about history. It's selling propaganda on the back of a dead man who's not around to object any more.

Long story short --- that statue wasn't removed because it was Lee. It was removed because it's a Lie.

1. You are the one conflating the Lost Cause movement with tens of millions of good southern people who, while not Lost Causers, are proud of their heritage and culture. YOu, not me.

2. They are focusing on certain aspects of the Confederacy, such as the bravery and skill and service of the Confederate fighting men. This is not lying. We all pick and choose what to celebrate in our history and culture. ALL cultures do this. Indeed, it is part of progress.
Southern people who conspired to enforce Jim Crow second class citizenship after they no longer could have slaves

Oh, democrats?

Yeah, democrats are real scum. Always were, always will be. They're doing the Jim Crow shit again, but this time against white people. Fucking vermin....
Southerners

Southerners owned slaves for 200 years before the Democratic Party was formed

Cool. Now tell us what party was dominant in South?

Northern Democrats were pro slavery too. Only one party was against it.

NO party was "dominant in the South" until after the Civil War. We've done this.

The Whigs got more votes in the 1860 POTUS election than the Democrats. Way more. And the Democrat position of the time was "popular sovereigny" --- leave the question up to the new states as they came in. In other words pretend the problem isn't there and will fix itself. The country had been buying that for 80 years and was done buying it.

Last edited:
Northerners owned slaves for the same period of time as Southerners did. And a little longer.

Is sky blue where you're from?

All Northern states abolished slavery by 1804. There were some 100 slaves recorded by 1840 census in Connecticut, and that would be all. If what you say is true, you wont have a problem to back it up with some links or book titles. Would you?

Well, lots of other people, are more forgiving of their ancestors and celebrate them.
There's "forgiving"....and then there is "celebrating". Two different things.

That is correct. Perhaps that is why I used the word "and" to show that the people in question were doing TWO DIFFERENT THINGS.

Thank GOD you were here. Someone might have been confused otherwise.
So...what is to "celebrate" about what the Con-federacy stood for?

Why do you ask a question, when you plan to reject any answer that is given?

THe fact is, that some people celebrate their ancestors that were part of the Confederacy. That you will not agree with them, is not relevant.
How do you "automatically" assume a poll will be rejected? Oh, I know....that's the EXCUSE you are using to not provide such a poll.......a poll that doesn't even exist because you lied. Is lying part of that "culture" you "celebrate"?
Correll is lying a lot in this thread

How do the haters, who want to erase Confederate history, feel about the fact that the same Union army immediately after the Civil War, waged another war to exterminate the Indians? Should we erase that history also?

I don’t see anyone erasing that history.

I don’t see many towns honoring Custer
I don’t see any holidays honoring those who fought the Indians
Ever heard of Columbus Day? He enslaved Indians.
Columbus didn't discover America there were already Indians living here

Has anyone claimed that he did?

And your state had slavery for over 200 years including after the Civil War was over. But I bet NJ has erased that from their history books.

Then where did you find it?

oops.

Again, this is not a thread about Slavery. I understand that you wish it were but tough titty.
More people here on this thread crying about slavery than states rights. :cool:

Sorry, "you" don't qualify as "more people".

Neither do you. You're in the "loudest" column.

And your state had slavery for over 200 years including after the Civil War was over. But I bet NJ has erased that from their history books.

Then where did you find it?

oops.

Again, this is not a thread about Slavery. I understand that you wish it were but tough titty.
More people here on this thread crying about slavery than states rights. :cool:

Sorry, "you" don't qualify as "more people".

Neither do you. You're in the "loudest" column.

Nothing like a poster who's eight hundred posts behind the rest of us.

Southern culture is NOT a 4 year period where slave owners started a war they couldn't win. And yet, that's what you want the sum total to be....and you want to "celebrate" it.

Correct. It is more than that period. OF course a period of time in a region, where they were operating as an independent country, would loom large in any regional heritage.

So what? Who cares? Why is that important? I dont' care about that? DO you?

Hey, Vermont operated as an independent country for more than three times that period. Yet they don't have a state holiday for it. It's nothing more than an arcane historical factoid.

What's the difference?

Oh wait, I know. Vermont has never had slavery.

Different situations, having different outcomes? Wow. Proof of evil.

There's "forgiving"....and then there is "celebrating". Two different things.

That is correct. Perhaps that is why I used the word "and" to show that the people in question were doing TWO DIFFERENT THINGS.

THe fact is, that some people celebrate their ancestors that were part of the Confederacy. That you will not agree with them, is not relevant.
How do you "automatically" assume a poll will be rejected? Oh, I know....that's the EXCUSE you are using to not provide such a poll.......a poll that doesn't even exist because you lied. Is lying part of that "culture" you "celebrate"?

I never lie. You lie all the time. YOu know this, and it makes you feel bad about yourself, but you can't change for some reason which I don't understand.

I don’t see many towns honoring Custer
I don’t see any holidays honoring those who fought the Indians
And when the south loyally voted democrat for over 100 years you saw all the symbolic honors of confederate culture...the only thing that has changed is who they now vote for...heck even NY state flew the confederate flag at the capital in Albany until Pataki took it down [Cuomo had no problem with it].
All I see is REPUBLICANS defending the Confederacy TODAY

There you go... wishful thinking.

I see dick in your mouth. Every day. :D

I never lie. You lie all the time. YOu know this, and it makes you feel bad about yourself, but you can't change for some reason which I don't understand.

Link to these lies?

I mean it shouldn't be hard if it's "all the time", amirite?

Link to these lies?

I mean it shouldn't be hard if it's "all the time", amirite?

Sure. Right here, where he denied admitting that his vision of the future involves discrimination and oppression of whites.

Screenshot_20200218-191954.png

Pogo...Are you for erasing Confederate history? If so, why?
It is a history of hate and disgrace
And the democratic [sic] party.

Once again --- the Confederacy never had any political parties.

There's nothing you can do about that.

The first Confederate President was Jefferson Davis. His Vice-President was Alexander Stephens. Both were Democrats in U.S Congress. His Secretary of State was Robert Toombs, Democrat. His second Secretary of State was Robert M. T. Hunter, who was U.S. Congressman and U.S. Senator before civil war, also Democrat.

You may claim there were no political parties in Confederacy, byt mostly all politicians were from Democrat party before the Civil war. In fact, about 1/3 of Confederate Congress were Democratic legislators while U.S Congress. And after Civil war, guess what party was again dominant in South? Democrat.

You may scream your lungs out, but there is nothing you can do about it, because it's truth.

Pogo...Are you for erasing Confederate history? If so, why?
It is a history of hate and disgrace
And the democratic [sic] party.

Once again --- the Confederacy never had any political parties.

There's nothing you can do about that.

The first Confederate President was Jefferson Davis. His Vice-President was Alexander Stephens. Both were Democrats in U.S Congress. His Secretary of State was Robert Toombs, Democrat. His second Secretary of State was Robert M. T. Hunter, who was U.S. Congressman and U.S. Senator before civil war, also Democrat.

You may claim there were no political parties in Confederacy, byt mostly all politicians were from Democrat party before the Civil war. In fact, about 1/3 of Confederate Congress were Democratic legislators while U.S Congress. And after Civil war, guess what party was again dominant in South? Democrat.

You may scream your lungs out, but there is nothing you can do about it, because it's truth.

Oh good, now he's only THREE hundred posts behind. Be still my heart.

Davis was a Democrat, Stephens was a Whig, and NEITHER had a political party in the Confederacy because NO ONE DID. And that's because the CSA had no parties. Just as the USA had no parties when IT started.

As already noted we did this three hundred (and more) posts ago and there's nothing you can do about it even three hundred posts, or three million posts, later. It's history.

Again, Democrat dominance in the South began AFTER, not before, the Civil War. By now you're crying your eyes out having just now come across my post from last week listing all those parties oozing around. Tough shit.

Think about the folks who erected these statues, created these monuments, named streets and towns after these traitors and racists. It was children and grand children of the Confederate trash.

Why are you so full of hate towards these people?

Why were they so full of hate towards black folks? Why should people today honor symbols of hate?

They are not symbols of hate. They are harmless symbols of regional pride.

You seem to be the one seething with hate today.

Hmmm, how am I hating because I am not honoring people who enslaved, maimed, dismembered, raped, brutalized and murdered black folks.

Because you are hating good people who have done none of that, and merely want to celebrate their regional culture and heritage.

THe part where you hate them? That is you being hateful.

Did I make that clear enough for you?

That you have your reasons or excuses for your hate, does not make it, not hate. You still hate them.
Why is it that to you "regional culture and heritage" is only about a 4 year bloody war that those who started it got their asses beat?

That makes no sense. I am pretty sure most Southern whites don't give a damn about honoring traitors of the Confederacy.

Polls I've heard are that most American support the historical statues, your spin not withstanding.
Link one of those polls.

You.
Ah, my sweet little boy....you were the one who claimed such polls exist. I have no such delusion.

Whatever. You are the one pretending to care now, when we both know you don't.
Not at all....I care that you claim there are these polls and yet you cannot produce them and are fighting post after post to keep from providing them. That's the sign of a liar....cultural?

Forcing people to celebrate the Confederacy is not harmony

The culture of the Confederacy is not worth honoring, it is a stain on our nation

Not shutting down another group's holiday, is harmony.

Explain to me, why as a liberal, you are not calling on the modern blacks of Virginia to be tolerant of their white neighbors who want to celebrate their culture and heritage.

Oh, interesting. So, not all cultures are equal and some, it is ok to suppress them?

This is new. I have never heard a liberal admit this before.

What are the standards to judge cultures by? When was this published? Why am I only hearing of it now?
The other group can still celebrate any hate holiday they wish.......Hitlers Birthday, Charley Manson Day, Confederate States Day

They just can’t force the state to celebrate

Whoa. YOu totally refused to address any of my questions.

That implies that you always knew that this was the way it was. That multicultualism was always a lie.

Which ties in with your Vision of the Future, as a racist one party state.

That is what the people you want to honor wanted and had.

So, to be clear, you are admitting that not all cultures are equal, and some can be suppressed, based on standards you won't share.

Is being white part of what makes a culture ok to be discriminated against?

Nobody is discriminating against whites, that is the bullshit you are trying to throw out. Do you attack Jewish folks for not wanting to honor Nazis?
An excellent point you just made there.

Okay, so remove all monuments to Obama.

Then what?
It's an attack on our history that must be preserved for future generations warts and all.

Here we are in a civil war again. What was that about those who fail to learn from history?

The Antebellum South was a horrible society. Feudalism where a tiny monied elite had absolute control of state governments and preyed on the populace at large. Georgia with the small holder act that allowed large plantations to literally steal land from small farmers. Poor whites fared worse than black slaves. I have nothing good to say about the south. BUT erasing history is what the Taliban and other tyrants do.

Poor whites fared worse than black slaves, Smfh. That has to be one of the stupidest statements ever made on this message board.

It’s all part of Lost Cause Revisionist history

Did you know that Whites were slaves too?
That makes four million black slaves OK

Republicans were against slavery. Period.

What do you think who owned those white slaves?
Were

Forum List

Back