🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Upcoming fights. Who ya got

BBCAmerica

May 23, 2012
Mayweather/Alverez?

Personally I like Mayweather just because his skills are otherworldly. Canelo is big and strong but to slow and gets winded.

Juan Marquez/Timothy Bradley?

In his last fight Bradley was almost no he was knocked out about 9 times his opponent just couldn't finish him. I think if he gets in this kind of trouble with JMM it will be over

Manny Paquiao/Brandon Rios?

This one I don't really want to call. Most fighters don't bounce back from such a devastating knock out like the one Pac suffered in his number 4 with JMM. So I will need to see Pac fight again before I would make a call

I would have taken Alverez over Floyd, but with the whole catch weight thing, I think Floyd by decission.

I would have taken Alverez over Floyd, but with the whole catch weight thing, I think Floyd by decission.

C'mon Rocko. Floyd at his best and Canelo at his best. Floyd would kill him like he's gonna do. I mean dud only has to lose 2 lbs. Only problem is he is already bursting at the seams and needs to move on up. But He would get exposed very quickly at the bigger weight. Imagine Canelo in the ring with the likes of GGG.

Mayweather vs. Canelo: Winner will receive belt made of solid gold from the WBC

Whoever wins the Floyd Mayweather - Canelo Alvarez showdown on September 14 will receive a WBC belt made of solid gold with ferrari leather for the strap.

Having an incredibly difficult time trying to get up for the Floyd Mayweather - Canelo Alvarez fight?! Probably not, but here is something that will cure your lethargy!

Because they have nothing else to do with the tons of money they make off of sanctioning fees and such, the WBC has decided to give the winner of the bout their very own championship belt made with actual solid gold. Now, before you freak out, realize that the entire belt is not made of solid gold. I would imagine that would be very expensive, not to mention heavy. The parts that will be made with gold are the main plaque in the center, a coin on each side, and a flag (one Mexican, one American) on each side.

According to the WBC press release (via World Boxing News), "This belt is earned for sheer excellence, but also to honor the careers of both fighters, who've been steadfastly loyal to the WBC."

You may remember the WBO did something similar last year for the Manny Pacquiao - Juan Manuel Marquez fight. They had the Champion of the Decade title and, yes, that was the third year of the decade. I don't know either.

For some reason, I sense this may be a way for the WBC to puff their chest and try to "one-up" the WBO. Maybe, maybe not. Perhaps the WBC is just giving back, back to the richest athlete in the world and one who is soon to be up there as well.

Mayweather vs. Canelo: Winner will receive belt made of solid gold from the WBC - Bad Left Hook

Forum List

Back