UPDATE: University's American Flag Ban Overturned; Illegals Offended...

In America, banning the American flag is offensive, and thus cannot be allowed. Those who, in the name of tolerance, do not tolerate the American flag are themselves intolerant and should attend tolerance classes on how to be tolerant. This is how you fight idiots, by using their own rhetoric.
The flag can be banned here, even burned, now you know. We call the concept Freedom, a liberal thing so you wouldn't understand.

So we can ban the mexican flag as well?
The resolution by the student council was to ban all flags...

You dont find banning your own countries flag offensive?
I sure as hell do.
First off I don't jump like a rabid dog at the first sight of a slight..Secondly the students on campus did not agree with the council and had a way to redress by petition the rule and it was vetoed by unanimous consent....
Who jumped like a rabid dog? It was news and people spoke against it, as they could...and, in my eyes, as they should.

Hey, if you are the type that doesn't speak out when you are not happy with an initiative, go for it.

But...don't complain when the initiative is passed.

Geez.....gotta love these guys who criticize those that speak out.

Time to break out the flag T-shirts, flag appliques on backpacks and laptops, etc. Then it's a matter of individual expression. If the students are so offended by the American flag, they shouldn't be taking financial aid from the government.
You don't know who is and who isn't getting financial aid...
Chances are good if an undocumented immigrant is attending the university, they are getting financial aid. Not, not everyone of them....but most certainly, the majority of them.

The flag can be banned here, even burned, now you know. We call the concept Freedom, a liberal thing so you wouldn't understand.

I sure as hell do.
First off I don't jump like a rabid dog at the first sight of a slight..Secondly the students on campus did not agree with the council and had a way to redress by petition the rule and it was vetoed by unanimous consent....
Who jumped like a rabid dog? It was news and people spoke against it, as they could...and, in my eyes, as they should.

Hey, if you are the type that doesn't speak out when you are not happy with an initiative, go for it.

There is a reason for moderation when dealing with legislative issues..

Time to break out the flag T-shirts, flag appliques on backpacks and laptops, etc. Then it's a matter of individual expression. If the students are so offended by the American flag, they shouldn't be taking financial aid from the government.
Chances are good if an undocumented immigrant is attending the university, they are getting financial aid. Not, not everyone of them....but most certainly, the majority of them.
yet, you can't prove exactly whom receives aid...or how much..

I'm willing to take a not so giant risk and state that most of the students being offended are likely receiving some sort of financial aid, and/or goodies of some kind from the government.

Last edited:

I sure as hell do.

There is a reason for moderation when dealing with legislative issues..
Sure....so exactly where was there not moderation here? Am initiative was proposed by the council...word got out, and people spoke up.

What did those against it do wrong?

Why do you refer to them as rabid dogs?

I'm willing to take a giant risk and state that most of the students being offended are receiving some sort of financial aid, and goodies of some kind from the government.
Ahhh, to go back to college dayz when all you had to worry about was hazing and panty raids...

yet, you can't prove exactly whom receives aid...or how much..
I don't want to prove who does or doesn't and how much they get.

I simply pointed out that logic dictates that if an undocumented immigrant attends that university, chances are good that he or she receive financial aid.

Forum List

Back