US Embassador to Lybia Killed

It looks like once again Obama spoke before the facts were in and looked foolish in doing so.
After as many times as he's done this....he should have learned from his past mistakes, but apparently hasn't.

In obama's mind he does not make mistakes, he's just incomplete on things.

Well... yesterdays events in Cairo and Libya seal it. President Carter is no longer the worst President in US history, Obama is. Someone tell me how the Marine embassy guards allowed the breaching of the embassy walls. Who gave the order not to shoot? This was an act of war and Obama is on his way to a campaign rally/fund raiser. Any American that still supports this man is putting his or her selfish wants, needs, and Utopian ludacris desires over the real needs for our Nation and it's security. And for that I say shame on you.

I for one felt real anger when the initial response from the White House last night was to apologize for insulting Muslims before expressing grief, anger, and concern for the murdered Americans. The formal response from President Obama was more measured and did condemn the acts for which he said there was 'no excuse', but again there was an implied apoliogy for any insult to Muslims.

Mixed signals indeed.

The 'apology' was before the attacks

Well... yesterdays events in Cairo and Libya seal it. President Carter is no longer the worst President in US history, Obama is. Someone tell me how the Marine embassy guards allowed the breaching of the embassy walls. Who gave the order not to shoot? This was an act of war and Obama is on his way to a campaign rally/fund raiser. Any American that still supports this man is putting his or her selfish wants, needs, and Utopian ludacris desires over the real needs for our Nation and it's security. And for that I say shame on you.

When asked from a reporter if this was an act of war, Obama didn't respond to the question.
I hope America is looking at our Commander in Chief regarding this.
Hillary talked more presidential than Obama.

When asked from a reporter if this was an act of war, Obama didn't respond to the question.

She's motivated by her determination to undermine him.
:lol::lol::lol:

I for one felt real anger when the initial response from the White House last night was to apologize for insulting Muslims before expressing grief, anger, and concern for the murdered Americans. The formal response from President Obama was more measured and did condemn the acts for which he said there was 'no excuse', but again there was an implied apoliogy for any insult to Muslims.

Mixed signals indeed.

The 'apology' was before the attacks

No it wasn't. It was last night as it was happening and reinforced at the press conference--at which Obama took no questions--this morning.

Weird how Obama resembles Carter in almost everything. In 1980, we all know how it ended. In 2012, IF Obama wins.... then we all know there's something wrong with America.

Why is it every embassy is considered that nations soil,that nations country.
And any hostile act against it an act of war.

Except when it happen to us.
At least twice now.
Four people dead and one of them our Ambassador..

What's going to be done about it.

Oh I see a speech then an appearance on Lettermen's show for like the 20th time to have
a few yucks.

At least twice now.

Oh I see a speech then an appearance on Lettermen's show for like the 20th time to have
a few yucks.

Obama: We're so sorry we insulted your religion but there is no excuse for this and we will work with Lybian authorities to bring the people who did this to justice. Translation: We can't help it if you don't do anything. (Unsaid: We won't question why you stood by and allowed them to attack our embassy with impunity.)

Gary Johnson: It is our fault because we had people there when they should never have been there.

Romney: ". . . .America will not tolerate attacks against our citizens and against our embassies. We’ll defend also our constitutional rights of speech and assembly and religion.

We have confidence in our cause in America. We respect our Constitution. We stand for the principles our Constitution protects. We encourage other nations to understand and respect the principles of our Constitution, because we recognize that these principles are the ultimate source of freedom for individuals around the world.

I also believe the administration was wrong to stand by a statement sympathizing with those who had breached our embassy in Egypt, instead of condemning their actions. It’s never too early for the United States government to condemn attacks on Americans and to defend our values."

Foxfyre: You will guarantee the safety and security of our embassey and consulate personnel and will deliver to our justice system any who would attack us on our soil or yours, or we will put your country off limits to all Americans and you will not receive one more dime of American assistance in any form.

At least twice now.

a few yucks.

Obama: We're so sorry we insulted your religion but there is no excuse for this and we will work with Lybian authorities to bring the people who did this to justice. Translation: We can't help it if you don't do anything. (Unsaid: We won't question why you stood by and allowed them to attack our embassy with impunity.)

Gary Johnson: It is our fault because we had people there when they should never have been there.

Romney: ". . . .America will not tolerate attacks against our citizens and against our embassies. We’ll defend also our constitutional rights of speech and assembly and religion.

We have confidence in our cause in America. We respect our Constitution. We stand for the principles our Constitution protects. We encourage other nations to understand and respect the principles of our Constitution, because we recognize that these principles are the ultimate source of freedom for individuals around the world.

I also believe the administration was wrong to stand by a statement sympathizing with those who had breached our embassy in Egypt, instead of condemning their actions. It’s never too early for the United States government to condemn attacks on Americans and to defend our values."

Foxfyre: You will guarantee the safety and security of our embassey and consulate personnel and will deliver to our justice system any who would attack us on our soil or yours, or we will put your country off limits to all Americans and you will not receive one more dime of American assistance in any form.

That's not what Gary Johnson said.

It is tragic when Americans serving their country are murdered, and we both mourn their loss and honor their service.

Part of honoring that service is to ask the obvious question: What U.S. interest is being served by putting our people – and our money – in places where U.S. personnel can be killed by extremists over a video? We launched millions of dollars worth of missiles to bring down Gaddafi, and this is what we get. We hail and encourage the outbreak of an Arab Spring in Egypt, send them billions of dollars we can’t afford, — and our embassy is breached and our flag desecrated.

In Afghanistan, we continue to put our troops in harm’s way 10 years after our post-9/11 mission was complete. Why?

The airwaves are filled today with political chest-pounding and calls for decisive action. The most decisive and prudent action we can take today is to stop trying to manage governments and peoples on the other side of the globe who don’t want to be managed, get our people out of impossible situations that have no direct U.S. interest, and immediately stop sending money to regimes who clearly cannot or will not control their own countries.

Protecting America with a strong national defense and a rational foreign policy is our leaders’ most basic responsibility. But let us not confuse national security with senseless intervention where our interests are clearly not being served.

Gov. Gary Johnson Releases Statement Regarding Libya Attack

Gary Johnson's actual statement.

Forum List

Back