US EXPELS 35 Russian diplomats, closes two compounds.

Yes they have, it's what we do.

(For the sake of honesty I'd like to say that I added the following to the original post after your reply:

For clarification, the attacks discussed here are just the ones on WordPress no one else (aka DNC, energy, Pentagon) however the findings about /who/ is making the attacks is relevant when it comes to narrowing down specific perpetrators and/or their country of origin.)
Again, what attack? You mean revealing embarrassing e-mails. I can hardly wait to see some kind of evidence.
LOL You want evidence ?? What evidence did you ask for when the last repub president gwb the moron said WOMD WOMD??
Lesson learned eh? Your point? Me, Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me!

Last edited:
See I don't think so, and the reason is - there appears to be a long history of hacking attempts from Russia on us and other western governments aimed at election processes. Releasing it can influence things as much as holding it, especially through a proxy like Wikileaks.

We've been spying on Russian politicos for 35 years or more. This is from a book, not my "personal" experience, but in the 1980s we could tell you exactly how much Vodka the Kremlin was ordering and what brands. So if they were interested in where Podesta got his pizza from --- you shouldn't be surprised.

NONE of that info ever makes it to public domain unless someone gets blackmailed with it in exchange for negotiating concessions. That's what is "not right" about this "blame it on the Russians" deal..

You don't want the other guessing how they know what they know. Was it satellite interception, an antenna on an embassy, an asset working on the ground, a group for hire in Romania??? You don't want to widely EXPOSE those methods. Because they can be neutralized. And people could get killed.

I disagree. Russia was using Wikileaks to cover it's track. There is substantial agreement among diverse authorities that Russia was behind the hacking. There is zero evidence that it was the DNC insider. There is nothing substantial in the hacked emails - nothing outright illegal. What's there is stuff that can be implied, misconstrued or is embarressing. It's not "blackmail worthy" but it can - when released at strategic intervals - cause havoc.

WHICH hacking were they behind? The DNC hack was a simple spearfishing attack. ANYONE could have done it. Getting a Gmail account from a phone is a little trickier, but there were reports that Podesta had LOST a phone.

The assumption seems to be that ONLY the Russians were in those 3 separate attacks. But I assure you, there were other breaches on those stupid systems. There were just too tempting as targets.

In classified session, with the DNC and RNC, the FBI probably told them HOW MANY hacking attempts or successes had been made. It's not likely at all that ONLY the Russians were into those systems. And the only one of the 3 that had "the good stuff" on Clinton was Podesta's phone. And maybe the other "not publicly released" classified info that came from Clintons' "security workaround" server. But her lawyers and contractors damaged the evidence so badly on that one, that no can assess how many unauthorized leaks there were on that system.

Media and govt are wrapping all of these together in attempt to confuse folks.. The problem was -- DNC and Clinton and Podesta did not LISTEN to security advice. There's your fundamental issue..

That is A fundamental issue. Among others. I can't see all 17 intelligence agencies colluding to pinpoint Russia if they didn't have substantial evidence - they're notoriously cagy about committing to something like that. No one is saying it was ONLY Russia - but that the evidence points to Russia.
OK! all fucking ready!!!!!!
Let's ALL stipulate that 'Russia' hacked into the DNC servers and 'phised' Podesta's computer.
Fucking happy now??????
BOTTOM line is the 'man-bun' dopers the DNC hired to run the DNC computers weren't fucking smart enough to fire-wall the hacking.
What the fuck does that say about how stupefyingly incompetent the DNC is/was??????
THINK!!!!!
And you want that bunch of morons running the country?????
But that's OK. Nancy says the DEM party doesn't want to or need to 'change' and Keith Ellison will soon be running the DNC and you fucking LIB morons have lost over 1000 congressional seats since Obama was first elected, the Senate and the Congress and the Presidency!
AND IT'S ALL THE RUSSIAN'S FAULT.
I can sell you a secret video tape of Russian troops barricading the polling stations in Wisconsin if you like. Only fifty bucks........shipping and handling not included.
You REALLY ought to get your head out of Hillary's asshole pal. The next eight years is a LONG time to be tasting her shit.

And the Trump asskissers those that kiss the butt of the dumbest fn ah ever to enter our WH don't want russia to be investigated for what they did with our election process?? Disagree with high ranking repubs INCLUDING the leaders of Congress???....

Actually I do and so half of Americans that voted believed that Putin hacked into our system in order to help Trump win. During campaign Trump invited the Russians to hack into DNC and continue admiring Putin. If you don't believe that...... Then you are insulting your own intelligence.
Hah, you're an idiot. Like half of Americans that think like you. Trump made a joke regarding Hillary's missing 33,000 emails saying if they had them. For you to not know or understand means you are hopelessly deranged and stupid. You really should not be voting.

Plus you can't understand the real problem for you is the emails showed how corrupt the Dems are. Russians or no Russians. Sucks to be you.

The disingenuous outrage over "Trump soliciting Russia to hack Hillary emails" is fucking retarded and part of the reason Trump won.

Many Americans are no longer listening to the lying snowflakes.

This election was a VERY FIRM "fuck off" to snowflakes.

It's possible to disagree with Obama on policy without being "RACIST". Snowflakes leveraged their racist bullshit into political hay, and many people had enough of that stupid shit.

I would classify it as more of a flaccid "fuck off"...given the popular vote and all.

(cue cries about illegal immigrant voting)
Is that different from whining about the electoral outcome?
No whining Just the fact you gave to the greatest country in the world an unintelligent tweeting moron who's afraid of press conferences
Better than a murderer and traitor

Authentic DNC emails were released. Anything that occurred as a consequence is the fault of the corrupt DNC.

If the DNC was not corrupt, the emails would not have mattered.

$1.2 billion and the entire media...even CNN colluding with the DNC...and Hillary lost.
If Hilary had won we never would have heard anything about the Russians doing anything.
Trump and putin are buddies Some of if not a great deal of trumps financial interests are hooked up in some way with Russia and/or its leaders Putin and Hillary were not on good terms The enemy of my enemy is my friend !!
They are? How you figure?

We've been spying on Russian politicos for 35 years or more. This is from a book, not my "personal" experience, but in the 1980s we could tell you exactly how much Vodka the Kremlin was ordering and what brands. So if they were interested in where Podesta got his pizza from --- you shouldn't be surprised.

NONE of that info ever makes it to public domain unless someone gets blackmailed with it in exchange for negotiating concessions. That's what is "not right" about this "blame it on the Russians" deal..

You don't want the other guessing how they know what they know. Was it satellite interception, an antenna on an embassy, an asset working on the ground, a group for hire in Romania??? You don't want to widely EXPOSE those methods. Because they can be neutralized. And people could get killed.

I disagree. Russia was using Wikileaks to cover it's track. There is substantial agreement among diverse authorities that Russia was behind the hacking. There is zero evidence that it was the DNC insider. There is nothing substantial in the hacked emails - nothing outright illegal. What's there is stuff that can be implied, misconstrued or is embarressing. It's not "blackmail worthy" but it can - when released at strategic intervals - cause havoc.

WHICH hacking were they behind? The DNC hack was a simple spearfishing attack. ANYONE could have done it. Getting a Gmail account from a phone is a little trickier, but there were reports that Podesta had LOST a phone.

The assumption seems to be that ONLY the Russians were in those 3 separate attacks. But I assure you, there were other breaches on those stupid systems. There were just too tempting as targets.

In classified session, with the DNC and RNC, the FBI probably told them HOW MANY hacking attempts or successes had been made. It's not likely at all that ONLY the Russians were into those systems. And the only one of the 3 that had "the good stuff" on Clinton was Podesta's phone. And maybe the other "not publicly released" classified info that came from Clintons' "security workaround" server. But her lawyers and contractors damaged the evidence so badly on that one, that no can assess how many unauthorized leaks there were on that system.

Media and govt are wrapping all of these together in attempt to confuse folks.. The problem was -- DNC and Clinton and Podesta did not LISTEN to security advice. There's your fundamental issue..

That is A fundamental issue. Among others. I can't see all 17 intelligence agencies colluding to pinpoint Russia if they didn't have substantial evidence - they're notoriously cagy about committing to something like that. No one is saying it was ONLY Russia - but that the evidence points to Russia.
Let's ALL stipulate that 'Russia' hacked into the DNC servers and 'phised' Podesta's computer.
Fucking happy now??????
BOTTOM line is the 'man-bun' dopers the DNC hired to run the DNC computers weren't fucking smart enough to fire-wall the hacking.
What the fuck does that say about how stupefyingly incompetent the DNC is/was??????
THINK!!!!!
But that's OK. Nancy says the DEM party doesn't want to or need to 'change' and Keith Ellison will soon be running the DNC and you fucking LIB morons have lost over 1000 congressional seats since Obama was first elected, the Senate and the Congress and the Presidency!
I can sell you a secret video tape of Russian troops barricading the polling stations in Wisconsin if you like. Only fifty bucks........shipping and handling not included.
You REALLY ought to get your head out of Hillary's asshole pal. The next eight years is a LONG time to be tasting her shit.

And the Trump asskissers those that kiss the butt of the dumbest fn ah ever to enter our WH don't want russia to be investigated for what they did with our election process?? Disagree with high ranking repubs INCLUDING the leaders of Congress???....
Obummer you talking about?

Actually I do and so half of Americans that voted believed that Putin hacked into our system in order to help Trump win. During campaign Trump invited the Russians to hack into DNC and continue admiring Putin. If you don't believe that...... Then you are insulting your own intelligence.
Hah, you're an idiot. Like half of Americans that think like you. Trump made a joke regarding Hillary's missing 33,000 emails saying if they had them. For you to not know or understand means you are hopelessly deranged and stupid. You really should not be voting.

Plus you can't understand the real problem for you is the emails showed how corrupt the Dems are. Russians or no Russians. Sucks to be you.

The disingenuous outrage over "Trump soliciting Russia to hack Hillary emails" is fucking retarded and part of the reason Trump won.

It's possible to disagree with Obama on policy without being "RACIST". Snowflakes leveraged their racist bullshit into political hay, and many people had enough of that stupid shit.

I would classify it as more of a flaccid "fuck off"...given the popular vote and all.

No whining Just the fact you gave to the greatest country in the world an unintelligent tweeting moron who's afraid of press conferences
Whining the likes we've never seen before

Authentic DNC emails were released. Anything that occurred as a consequence is the fault of the corrupt DNC.

If the DNC was not corrupt, the emails would not have mattered.

$1.2 billion and the entire media...even CNN colluding with the DNC...and Hillary lost.
If Hilary had won we never would have heard anything about the Russians doing anything.
Trump and putin are buddies Some of if not a great deal of trumps financial interests are hooked up in some way with Russia and/or its leaders Putin and Hillary were not on good terms The enemy of my enemy is my friend !!
They are? How you figure?
Trump in a speech months ago said how tied up he was with russia and notice trump telling putin how smart he is lol?

Whining the likes we've never seen before
If I and a few others here don't tell you the truth how will it ever get to you???Trump is a filthy liar ,,and that's one of his better points

What The Russian Hacking Report DOESN’T Say
By Washington's Blog
Global Research, December 29, 2016
Washington's Blog
Region: Russia and FSU, USA
Theme: Intelligence
putin_trump-620x41211-400x265.jpg

Today, the Department of Homeland Security and FBI released a report alleging Russian hacking.

It’s important to note what the report does NOT say …

It does NOT allege any of the following:

• It doesn’t claim that it’s accurate. Instead, the report starts with a disclaimer, and uses the same type of weasel words – “as is”, “does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information” – that someone selling a lemon uses when he doesn’t want to talk about the fact that the blasted thing won’t run and doesn’t want to get sued for false misrepresentation:

• It doesn’t mention Wikileaksnot even once. In other words, the report does not allege that the Russians gave any Democratic Party or Podesta emails to Wikileaks
  • It doesn’t address the fact that Russia would not have used widely known hacking methods (and wouldn’t have paid tribute within the code to a famous Russian intelligence officer), and that anyone could have copied these methods and names
  • It doesn’t address American intelligence services’ less-than-stellar history of truthfulness, and routinely skew intelligence to justify preordained policy outcomes
In other words, the report really doesn’t say much of anything

http://www.globalresearch.ca/what-the-russian-hacking-report-doesnt-say/5565479

Oh this little nugget. Right. You do know that disclaimer is put on EVERY document they release?? You do know that right? That aside, quoting from a right-wing troll site doesn't help your argument.
I'm apparently not following this. What's the problem again? What did Russian hackers do? Did they hack voting machines or something that directly effects the election? White House spokesmen seem kind of vague about what's actually occurred. Perhaps you can shed some light on that, because so far, all that seems to have happened is some embarrassing e-mails have been made public.

Nobody hacked our election system, msm, obama, and clintons are the only idiots claiming they did so all their little sheep get on board and support them . While the sheep have no idea the games our Gov. plays .
They think Government never set people up, never lie....etc.
. Did they change the word hacked to influence once they realized that their evidence wasn't good enough to claim that hacking actually caused Hillary to lose the vote ?? How convenient it is to just change a word when one thing doesn't work, so re-write it in order to change the meaning by changing a single word right ?

Point is --- that kind of intel doesn't generally get released to the public if it can be TRACED back to specific operatives or agents. Especially if they were sloppy enough to leave evidence of their methods. The whole point of gathering it is to hold it secret and use it as leverage in "negotiations". You could burn entire groups that collect that stuff by exposing it without cleaning up.

Looks to me like someone Internally burned the Kremlin. The way that Snowden did here in the US.

And it's not just one affair. You have Hillary's stupid ass home brewed system which I'm SURE was browsed by 4 or 6 foreign nations. Then you have the DNC hacks which were interesting but not even close to fatal for Clinton personally. And Finally, you have the idiot Podesta running an entire campaign out of Gmail account on his commercial phone. Those are all different stories. And the DNC and media are just balling them up into one big "Russia did it" excuse...

See I don't think so, and the reason is - there appears to be a long history of hacking attempts from Russia on us and other western governments aimed at election processes. Releasing it can influence things as much as holding it, especially through a proxy like Wikileaks.

Perhaps flacal you missed your calling ?? Maybe you should be working for one of the 17 agencies that blamed Russia Or maybe even working with Trump who say's """"never mind I'll check the info next week I'm busy having a drink with my mentor Don King"""""""?
. Sounds like the DNC when it came to the ACA that got rammed down our throats. You know "pass the dam thing, and we will read it later".

By Washington's Blog
Washington's Blog

Today, the Department of Homeland Security and FBI released a report alleging Russian hacking.

• It doesn’t claim that it’s accurate. Instead, the report starts with a disclaimer, and uses the same type of weasel words – “as is”, “does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information” – that someone selling a lemon uses when he doesn’t want to talk about the fact that the blasted thing won’t run and doesn’t want to get sued for false misrepresentation:

• It doesn’t mention Wikileaksnot even once. In other words, the report does not allege that the Russians gave any Democratic Party or Podesta emails to Wikileaks
  • It doesn’t address the fact that Russia would not have used widely known hacking methods (and wouldn’t have paid tribute within the code to a famous Russian intelligence officer), and that anyone could have copied these methods and names
  • It doesn’t address American intelligence services’ less-than-stellar history of truthfulness, and routinely skew intelligence to justify preordained policy outcomes

Oh this little nugget. Right. You do know that disclaimer is put on EVERY document they release?? You do know that right? That aside, quoting from a right-wing troll site doesn't help your argument.
I'm apparently not following this. What's the problem again? What did Russian hackers do? Did they hack voting machines or something that directly effects the election? White House spokesmen seem kind of vague about what's actually occurred. Perhaps you can shed some light on that, because so far, all that seems to have happened is some embarrassing e-mails have been made public.

Nobody hacked our election system, msm, obama, and clintons are the only idiots claiming they did so all their little sheep get on board and support them . While the sheep have no idea the games our Gov. plays .
. Did they change the word hacked to influence once they realized that their evidence wasn't good enough to claim that hacking actually caused Hillary to lose the vote ?? How convenient it is to just change a word when one thing doesn't work, so re-write it in order to change the meaning by changing a single word right ?
Beagle I don't blame russia or electoral system for trump victory I blame republicans dumb stupid republicans who will soon see the shit thrown back in their faces

Fucking happy now??????
THINK!!!!!

. I can't wait till Trump takes office.

By Washington's Blog
Washington's Blog

Beagle I don't blame russia or electoral system for trump victory I blame republicans dumb stupid republicans who will soon see the shit thrown back in their faces
. You blame just one side eh ?? The DNC is innocent eh ??

Fucking happy now??????
THINK!!!!!

ME EITHER it's going to be a blast ....and not in a good way for republicans

Fucking happy now??????
THINK!!!!!

ME EITHER it's going to be a blast ....and not in a good way for republicans
. Well maybe not for traitorous Republicans your right.

Trump will allow the diplomats back in 3 weeks, most likely.

This was a very bad move by Obama that is not going to accomplish anything positive.

If anyone thinks this lame gesture will stop anyone from spying, they are very stupid.
What Obama did was the right thing to do. You don't give Russia a free pass. Politically it's also a good movie for Obama because it boxes Trump into a position of allying himself with Putin, a position that most his party does not support. The interest of US and Russian are about as far apart as you can get. Eventually Putin will turn on Trump.

Yeah, clearly Putin did not expect this kind of response. He wanted Trump expecting Trump would lift current U.S. Sanctions, and that has clearly backfired on him. The last thing Putin wanted was more U.S. Sanctions which Republicans in the Senate have already promised. Obama kicking out all Russian diplomats is historic. They go along with their families that may have been rooted in this country for decades. Prior to all this a Russian diplomat did admit that they had contact with the Trump campaign.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/11/world/europe/trump-campaign-russia.html?_r=

Putin has already stated that he won't kick out American diplomats. So he has to repair the damage done, because all gains over the last 20 years, or since the cold war are now GONE. He knows he did it by interfering in our National election, something they've never done before. But they went after the Pentagon recently.
Russian hack almost brought the U.S. military to its knees

It's going to be very interesting to see what Putin does over the next few weeks. Obama is to release more information over the next few weeks, but it looks like Obama and Senate Republicans are intent on diminishing the credibility of the Trump administration long before he is sworn in. Trump won't even be able to blink at Russia without suspicion.

Personally, I hope this ass clown gets impeached.
Donald Trump's Many, Many, Many, Many Ties to Russia

15747741_232568517195579_1117971243778565828_n.jpg
If Trump tries to cover up his involvement with Putin or bury information about the hacking, he will end up going the same way Nixon did. Republicans in congress would be perfectly happy with Pence as president, he would be far easier to deal with than Trump and lot less likely to do something really stupid that would hurt the party in the midterms.
I wonder when we can have some indication that an actual secret report even exists? Maybe we could get at least one of the seventeen intelligence agencies to provide the public with a secret summery of the secret report. Some kind of verification of at least that much would be nice. Or are we just supposed to take their word for it?
It is posted jointly by the Dept of Homeland Security's National Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Center (NCCIC) and the FBI. Since it's a joint report it may be available from other participating agencies. If that's not good enough for you, I suspect nothing would be.

The joint report is a summary. Although it does contain an example of code and names common to both the current hacking and previous know Russian hacking, it does not contain details of the underlying analysis. Such details are not and should not be made available to the public.

https://www.us-cert.gov/sites/default/files/publications/JAR_16-20296A_GRIZZLY STEPPE-2016-1229.pdf

Snowflakes like lies....they hate the truth.

They now know the DNC and CNN colluded....but they hate it because they do not deal in truth. They deal in race baiting and victimization.

Trump will allow the diplomats back in 3 weeks, most likely.

This was a very bad move by Obama that is not going to accomplish anything positive.

If anyone thinks this lame gesture will stop anyone from spying, they are very stupid.
What Obama did was the right thing to do. You don't give Russia a free pass. Politically it's also a good movie for Obama because it boxes Trump into a position of allying himself with Putin, a position that most his party does not support. The interest of US and Russian are about as far apart as you can get. Eventually Putin will turn on Trump.

Yeah, clearly Putin did not expect this kind of response. He wanted Trump expecting Trump would lift current U.S. Sanctions, and that has clearly backfired on him. The last thing Putin wanted was more U.S. Sanctions which Republicans in the Senate have already promised. Obama kicking out all Russian diplomats is historic. They go along with their families that may have been rooted in this country for decades. Prior to all this a Russian diplomat did admit that they had contact with the Trump campaign.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/11/world/europe/trump-campaign-russia.html?_r=

Putin has already stated that he won't kick out American diplomats. So he has to repair the damage done, because all gains over the last 20 years, or since the cold war are now GONE. He knows he did it by interfering in our National election, something they've never done before. But they went after the Pentagon recently.
Russian hack almost brought the U.S. military to its knees

It's going to be very interesting to see what Putin does over the next few weeks. Obama is to release more information over the next few weeks, but it looks like Obama and Senate Republicans are intent on diminishing the credibility of the Trump administration long before he is sworn in. Trump won't even be able to blink at Russia without suspicion.

Personally, I hope this ass clown gets impeached.
Donald Trump's Many, Many, Many, Many Ties to Russia

15747741_232568517195579_1117971243778565828_n.jpg
If Trump tries to cover up his involvement with Putin or bury information about the hacking, he will end up going the same way Nixon did. Republicans in congress would be perfectly happy with Pence as president, he would be far easier to deal with than Trump and lot less likely to do something really stupid that would hurt the party in the midterms.
I wonder when we can have some indication that an actual secret report even exists? Maybe we could get at least one of the seventeen intelligence agencies to provide the public with a secret summery of the secret report. Some kind of verification of at least that much would be nice. Or are we just supposed to take their word for it?
It is posted jointly by the Dept of Homeland Security's National Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Center (NCCIC) and the FBI. Since it's a joint report it may be available from other participating agencies. If that's not good enough for you, I suspect nothing would be.

The joint report is a summary. Although it does contain an example of code and names common to both the current hacking and previous know Russian hacking, it does not contain details of the underlying analysis. Such details are not and should not be made available to the public.

https://www.us-cert.gov/sites/default/files/publications/JAR_16-20296A_GRIZZLY STEPPE-2016-1229.pdf
. Regardless, if Russia or anyone else was able to influence an election here, and in the ways that are being claimed, then what does that say about how vulnerable the DNC was to becoming a victim of such a thing ?? Their weakness was exposed, and anyone that weak didn't deserve the presidency to begin with. Trump doesn't want to get all cozy with Putin other than usual deplomatic ties and issues, but he also doesn't want the Democrats to use Russia as a boogeyman in order for the Democrat operatives to have the freedoms to undermine his election or deligitimize his election in the way that it's currently attempting to do right now. Trump is no fool, and it's time for the democrats to learn this now.

Forum List

Back