US Goods Trade Deficit Hits Record High (Don't Tell Trump)

Trump gave corporations massive, record breaking tax cuts; then he slapped a few dinky tariffs on the things they buy. Why should they care, since they have so much extra money now and they can just pass the tax onto consumers? Meanwhile, I’m looking to pay 20% more for the new washer I want. Thanks Donald!!!
The current revenue from tariffs is $42b and if auto imports are added another $140b would be realized. They help level the playing field for Made in the USA products. For example, saw prices of John Deere mowers for $3,000 and right next to it a similar foreign made mower for $1,600.
Tractor maker Deere & Co fears a hit from Trump tariffs and retaliation on US exports

• U.S. tariffs could raise steel prices by 30 percent and may prompt the company to switch materials, Deere & Co CEO Samuel Allen said on Wednesday.
"That would have an even longer negative impact on the steel industry," Allen said. "There are a lot of unintended consequences we hope people think about as they go down the path of tariffs."

'Do not show this to President Trump, he will not be happy.

In the few months since President Trump unleashed his trade war, predicated on managing back America's massive merchandise trade deficit, things have gone very wrong, judging by the numbers.

Against expectations of a modest improvement in the deficit to $75.1 billion, September's goods trade balance slumped again to $76.036 billion from a revised $75.5 billion, and just barely surpassing the July 2008's record high deficit of $76.025 billion, making the September print a record in this series.'

advanced%20trade.jpg

MAGA

What did you think was gonna happen, imbecile?

You think a Multi-Trillion dollar economy turning around is as easy as flipping a light switch?

dimocraps are oxygen thieves

In the few months since President Trump unleashed his trade war, predicated on managing back America's massive merchandise trade deficit, things have gone very wrong, judging by the numbers.

Against expectations of a modest improvement in the deficit to $75.1 billion, September's goods trade balance slumped again to $76.036 billion from a revised $75.5 billion, and just barely surpassing the July 2008's record high deficit of $76.025 billion, making the September print a record in this series.'

advanced%20trade.jpg

MAGA

You think a Multi-Trillion dollar economy turning around is as easy as flipping a light switch?

"Trade wars are good, and easy to win." - Donald J. Trump, New York Democrat.

advanced%20trade.jpg

MAGA

Everybody note that Edgetho is now on record as supporting the massive increase in our trade deficit and the taxes imposed on him as a result of Trump’s tariffs. Oxygen thief, indeed.

When Trump tells you something is going to be easy, watch out!

"You are going to have such great health care at a tiny fraction of the cost, and it will be so easy!"

"Trade wars are good, and easy to win."

Bleev me. Bleev me. Bleev me...

Juvenile dimocraps.

Par for the course.

Can't talk to them, can't reason with them, can't educate them.

Best thing to do is slap them down and move along.

As long as Trump keeps accelerating our deficits, we will have massive trade imbalances.

Trump gave corporations massive, record breaking tax cuts; then he slapped a few dinky tariffs on the things they buy. Why should they care, since they have so much extra money now and they can just pass the tax onto consumers? Meanwhile, I’m looking to pay 20% more for the new washer I want. Thanks Donald!!!
The current revenue from tariffs is $42b and if auto imports are added another $140b would be realized. They help level the playing field for Made in the USA products. For example, saw prices of John Deere mowers for $3,000 and right next to it a similar foreign made mower for $1,600.
Tractor maker Deere & Co fears a hit from Trump tariffs and retaliation on US exports

• U.S. tariffs could raise steel prices by 30 percent and may prompt the company to switch materials, Deere & Co CEO Samuel Allen said on Wednesday.
"That would have an even longer negative impact on the steel industry," Allen said. "There are a lot of unintended consequences we hope people think about as they go down the path of tariffs."

That's the conundrum of US manufacturing. Pay union wages, comply with environmental regulations, comply with all Federal and State regulations, make a cost-competitive product when the competition pays slave wage scale, and gets government subsidies. The fact that the foreign mower was half the cost of the Deere mower illustrates my point. The Deere spokesman did say that they would need to absorb the added steel cost (which means that Deere used cheap foreign steel)

That's the conundrum of US manufacturing. Pay union wages, comply with environmental regulations, comply with all Federal and State regulations, make a cost-competitive product when the competition pays slave wage scale, and gets government subsidies. The fact that the foreign mower was half the cost of the Deere mower illustrates my point. The Deere spokesman did say that they would need to absorb the added steel cost (which means that Deere used cheap foreign steel)
And you think that's a "win"? You think that "helped level the playing field"?

:lol:

advanced%20trade.jpg

MAGA
/----/ Why do you think Trump is in the tariff war? For crying out loud he's trying to fix this and you libtards nipping at his heels doesn't help.
View attachment 224689
He’s not fixing it. He’s getting the opposite result.
/----/ Trump Wins Trade Concessions from Europe, Agrees to Work Toward Zero Tariffs | Breitbart

Fake news. Nothing has changed since then. It was all just talk...no action

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Forum List

Back