US is worse off now than it was a year ago

They did have other issues.

But claiming that means only 6% died of COVID is the lie.

I can't believe you have such a hard time understand this. Actually I can, because you're a little crazy.
What lie? 94% had other issues. Again, you said you had multiple examples. Find em.

I said, I may have made a mistake? I am not going to go back and re-read all my posts.

Big business and the rich are kneecapping the economy. They treat workers like slaves while they get richer. Income inequality is growing in this company.
There are numerous contributing factors for the decline of the middle class American Dream

One of them is our piss poor lib education system that fails to prepare students for competitive marketplace

In many ways libs take bright children and turn them into narcissistic broken toys who expect everything to be given to them

But thats only part of the story

Globalism has opened the door for cheap foreign labor that are also robbing the American Dream

Its true that the rich have no goodness in their heart

But they never did even during the good times when American workers were on top of the world

But that was before globalism changed all the rules

56% of independents reporting that they believe the country is worse off today than it was a year ago, according to the most recent Quinnipiac poll.

View attachment 556603

I am not sure how much worse it can get then again winter is coming and who knows what rising oil/gas prices will do and supply chain is still broken and there is a nasty caravan headed our way. The Potted Plant in Chief has NO PLAN!
The outlook was not so bright a year ago either! This article is from a year ago.

Six months into the pandemic, the US economic outlook is getting gloomier

(CNN Business)Six months. It may feel like an eternity, but that's how long it's been since states started enacting stay-at-home orders.
We now know those actions were at least partially successful in slowing the spread of Covid-19. They also triggered an economic downturn deeper than any recession on record since at least the Great Depression.
Now, in many places, businesses, schools and colleges are reopening, but life is not entirely back to normal. Students are learning through hybrid models, alternating between classes in person and virtually on Zoom. Masks are still required in public in most states. Restaurants are operating at reduced capacity. And football season has kicked off with simulated crowd noise piped into stadiums in lieu of actual fans.

What comes next? How much further do we have until our jobs, businesses and finances are fully recovered?

The Back-to-Normal Index created by CNN Business and Moody's Analytics estimates that as of last week, the economy was operating at about 76% of where it was before the pandemic. (Explore the index here.)
The good news: That's much improved from the darkest days when economic activity hit a low point in April. The bad news: There's still a long way to go.
In the latest week, the Back-to-Normal Index fell slightly. In other words, the recovery could now be heading in the wrong direction.

A stalled recovery

At its lowest point in April, the Back-to-Normal Index, which is comprised of 37 economic indicators, estimated the US economy was operating at about 59% of where it had been before the pandemic in early March.
It slowly improved in May and June as coronavirus cases started moderating, unemployment claims began falling and some states started lifting restrictions on businesses.
But after that, the momentum stalled.
As coronavirus cases surged in some places, states backtracked on reopening plans. For the last three months, the index shows the economy has largely gone sideways. It reached a post-pandemic high of 80% over Labor Day weekend before slumping again to 76%.
"I think it's pretty clear the Back-to-Normal Index indicates this is not a V-shaped recovery," said Mark Zandi, chief economist at Moody's Analytics. "Six months in, we're still a long, long way from getting back to normal
."

Unemployment claims are still at historic highs

Claims for jobless benefits surged during the pandemic, and although they've improved since March, they remain well above any other period on record.​

The travel, leisure and hospitality industries have been hit particularly hard. Restaurants are seating 35% fewer customers than they did before the pandemic. Hotel occupancy is down 30%, and airline travel, as measured by travelers through TSA checkpoints, is down about 70% since early March. And although some movie theaters have reopened, they're barely operational: box office sales are still down about 90% from where they were before the pandemic

The outlook was not so bright a year ago either! This article is from a year ago.

Six months into the pandemic, the US economic outlook is getting gloomier

(CNN Business)Six months. It may feel like an eternity, but that's how long it's been since states started enacting stay-at-home orders.
We now know those actions were at least partially successful in slowing the spread of Covid-19. They also triggered an economic downturn deeper than any recession on record since at least the Great Depression.
Now, in many places, businesses, schools and colleges are reopening, but life is not entirely back to normal. Students are learning through hybrid models, alternating between classes in person and virtually on Zoom. Masks are still required in public in most states. Restaurants are operating at reduced capacity. And football season has kicked off with simulated crowd noise piped into stadiums in lieu of actual fans.

What comes next? How much further do we have until our jobs, businesses and finances are fully recovered?

The Back-to-Normal Index created by CNN Business and Moody's Analytics estimates that as of last week, the economy was operating at about 76% of where it was before the pandemic. (Explore the index here.)
The good news: That's much improved from the darkest days when economic activity hit a low point in April. The bad news: There's still a long way to go.
In the latest week, the Back-to-Normal Index fell slightly. In other words, the recovery could now be heading in the wrong direction.

A stalled recovery

At its lowest point in April, the Back-to-Normal Index, which is comprised of 37 economic indicators, estimated the US economy was operating at about 59% of where it had been before the pandemic in early March.
It slowly improved in May and June as coronavirus cases started moderating, unemployment claims began falling and some states started lifting restrictions on businesses.
But after that, the momentum stalled.
As coronavirus cases surged in some places, states backtracked on reopening plans. For the last three months, the index shows the economy has largely gone sideways. It reached a post-pandemic high of 80% over Labor Day weekend before slumping again to 76%.
"I think it's pretty clear the Back-to-Normal Index indicates this is not a V-shaped recovery," said Mark Zandi, chief economist at Moody's Analytics. "Six months in, we're still a long, long way from getting back to normal
."

Unemployment claims are still at historic highs

Claims for jobless benefits surged during the pandemic, and although they've improved since March, they remain well above any other period on record.​

The travel, leisure and hospitality industries have been hit particularly hard. Restaurants are seating 35% fewer customers than they did before the pandemic. Hotel occupancy is down 30%, and airline travel, as measured by travelers through TSA checkpoints, is down about 70% since early March. And although some movie theaters have reopened, they're barely operational: box office sales are still down about 90% from where they were before the pandemic
A year ago when we were locked down due to COVID?

What lie? 94% had other issues. Again, you said you had multiple examples. Find em.

I said, I may have made a mistake? I am not going to go back and re-read all my posts.
Having had other issues in no way means they didn’t die from COVID.

Thats the lie.

It means they didn't die from COVID-19 alone. So it is NOT a lie. Context matters. Something you cannot seem to grasp.
Saying only 6% died from COVID is the lie. Context does matter and your claim left out the context that mattered the most.

You bought the lie because it helped you feel that COVID wasn’t as big a deal. That’s not reality.

Everyone can be SAID to have "other issues." If they are NOT dying from them, or likely to die from them soon, and then they catch Covid, and die from what looks like dying from a respiratory illness, i.e., Covid, I'm going to call that dying from Covid.

Some people, like Colin Powell, look more as if they simply died of old age and a pre-existing cancer. You could sure call it that, anyway. So that's a judgement call.

But somebody who wants to say nobody ever dies of Covid can say that all the people who are claimed victims of Covid simply died of other things. I don't believe that. It's a pretty serious disease.

I'll be interested in the excess death figures per year when this goes on a little further. That's the best way to estimate the death toll. They are saying it's about 720,000 in the U.S. now ------- we need to have that many excess deaths in the statistics against earlier mortality rates. If not, something is being fiddled. The fact that hospitals get more money to treat Covid is of course a confound, but if people really can't breathe, not much of a confound.

Saying only 6% died from COVID is the lie. Context does matter and your claim left out the context that mattered the most.

You bought the lie because it helped you feel that COVID wasn’t as big a deal. That’s not reality.
It is a big deal but not if you're healthy. Like I was when I got it and lived.

Proof that the capitalist are gouging the fuck out of consumers.

LONDON (Reuters) - BP's trading team made at least $500 million in the third quarter of 2021, two sources with knowledge of the company's trading results said, as the energy major benefitted from a gas crisis that has left consumers and industries smarting.
I remember that this has always been the mantra from you leftwing loons that has been going on for decades.
Your tent has even had several investigations to those exact allegations, Bart, they always came up with nothing.
Except for a few outlier dealers that were gouging, but it wasn't a company wide issue.
So just stop with the bullshit.

You’re not the messenger. You’re a useful idiot.
So now we are going down the ad hominem part. Again, I donated my own platelets for over a year to help save COVID-19 patients while you were cleaning bed pans. Of course I took it seriously. I helped save 50+ lives per the American Red Cross. Maybe we need more useful idiots like me? Actions speak louder than words.

I remember that this has always been the mantra from you leftwing loons that has been going on for decades.
Your tent has even had several investigations to those exact allegations, Bart, they always came up with nothing.
Except for a few outlier dealers that were gouging, but it wasn't a company wide issue.
So just stop with the bullshit.
The capitalist control the means of production if production is lagging then the capitalist are the ones in control of the process. The whole propaganda of having labor shortages is just another BS story they contrived to add to inflation.

If you are worse off it is from your lack to prepare for times that are hard while times are good. My situation has not changed because I prepared.

The capitalist control the means of production if production is lagging then the capitalist are the ones in control of the process. The whole propaganda of having labor shortages is just another BS story they contrived to add to inflation.
If you pay people to sit home, they will sit home. Or in your case a trailer.

Is inflation higher now than a year ago?
Is illegal immigration higher now than a year ago?
Is energy more expensive now than a year ago?

Is income inequality higher than a year ago? Yes.

Inflation and energy are higher thanks to Trump and Americans conspiring with OPEC to keep energy prices higher.

Amazon and Hollywood came to NM. First thing the Democrat Governor did was issue huge tax breaks to them.

The Fed also bailed out Hollywood. “Tax cuts for the rich” is a meaningless leftie platitude.

No it is not. Income inequality has risen in this country. For the first time since the Fed has been keeping statistics, the top 1% own more of the wealth than the middle 60%. We see how they can buy off politicians with Sinema and Manchin.

Forum List

Back