US Jobless claims fall to 4 decade low

You made the point that "Jobs Saved" was a viable statistic...all I did was ask you to provide the formula that the Obama Administration's economists used to obtain that statistic...something that one would ASSUME you would gladly provide to prove your point.
Yes you did, me boy. And I simply answered that I would provide the formula if you would provide the bill republicans brought forward to combat unemployment. Which you agreed to. Then failed to do.

Why do all that? Because once again, Georgie...you painted yourself into a corner pretending to know something about economics when in fact you probably know less about the subject than practically anyone who posts on this board!
That would be your opinion. And you know how much I respect your opinion. But, my opinion is that you know nothing of economics, because you never post about the subject.

Did you know, Oldstyle, that the ue rate is down to 5% under the current president's economic team policies? Does that make you really unhappy? What would you suggest to see it get smaller, and to see the jobs pay better? Any economic thoughts??

All I do, OS, is keep responding to your lies. Which you push time after time after time. So, simple. Provide the bill, me lying tool. And quite with the games. Responding to your lies, and proving that they are lies, is not whining. It is simple self defense. Try and see if you can stop lying. Tell the full truth, instead of half truths. Quit being a lowly con tool.

So your "answer" to a question was to ask another question? How did that work for you in school, Georgie? What's 2+2? Before I answer that question...you'll have to tell me what my favorite color is? I'm sure your teachers didn't have a problem with that...

Your response to a simple question shows who and what you are in a nutshell, Rshermr! Instead of simply admitting that you CAN'T provide the formula that the Obama economic team used to determine "Jobs Saved" because it doesn't really exist...you had to go through all THIS bullshit!

It was simple, me boy. Willing seller, unwilling buyer. You got what you paid for. And here I thought you were a capitalist.

It was a simple question...what was the formula that the Obama economic team used to determine "Jobs Saved"? If you can't supply it...admit that you can't and move on! "Willing seller, unwilling buyer"? "Capitalist"? What does any of THAT have to do with the question that you were asked? Like anyone with half a brain can't see that you don't have any formula to give!

You made the point that "Jobs Saved" was a viable statistic...all I did was ask you to provide the formula that the Obama Administration's economists used to obtain that statistic...something that one would ASSUME you would gladly provide to prove your point.
Yes you did, me boy. And I simply answered that I would provide the formula if you would provide the bill republicans brought forward to combat unemployment. Which you agreed to. Then failed to do.

Why do all that? Because once again, Georgie...you painted yourself into a corner pretending to know something about economics when in fact you probably know less about the subject than practically anyone who posts on this board!
That would be your opinion. And you know how much I respect your opinion. But, my opinion is that you know nothing of economics, because you never post about the subject.

Did you know, Oldstyle, that the ue rate is down to 5% under the current president's economic team policies? Does that make you really unhappy? What would you suggest to see it get smaller, and to see the jobs pay better? Any economic thoughts??

All I do, OS, is keep responding to your lies. Which you push time after time after time. So, simple. Provide the bill, me lying tool. And quite with the games. Responding to your lies, and proving that they are lies, is not whining. It is simple self defense. Try and see if you can stop lying. Tell the full truth, instead of half truths. Quit being a lowly con tool.

So your "answer" to a question was to ask another question? How did that work for you in school, Georgie? What's 2+2? Before I answer that question...you'll have to tell me what my favorite color is? I'm sure your teachers didn't have a problem with that...

Your response to a simple question shows who and what you are in a nutshell, Rshermr! Instead of simply admitting that you CAN'T provide the formula that the Obama economic team used to determine "Jobs Saved" because it doesn't really exist...you had to go through all THIS bullshit!

It was simple, me boy. Willing seller, unwilling buyer. You got what you paid for. And here I thought you were a capitalist.

It was a simple question...what was the formula that the Obama economic team used to determine "Jobs Saved"? If you can't supply it...admit that you can't and move on! "Willing seller, unwilling buyer"? "Capitalist"? What does any of THAT have to do with the question that you were asked? Like anyone with half a brain can't see that you don't have any formula to give!

So, Oldstyle, that is SEVENTEEN. Seventeen straight posts where you have posted nothing relative to economics, and nothing specifically relative to the subject of this thread.
What anyone can see is that you are a lying con tool. You were given the option to provide what I asked of you so that I would give you your formula. You did not, do as I asked, but want your answer. That was not the deal. So, when are you going to tell me when the republicans had any bill that was meant to help the unemployment situation. Or are you simply admitting that they did not care? You said that conservatives provided help to the unemployed. But obviously you were lying again.
You know, there was an option for you. You choose not to take it. So, I am used to dealing with people that have class. Makes dealing with you impossible.

Last edited:
Deal? Why do you need a "deal" to provide the formula for Jobs Saved? You maintained that statistic is real and that there was a formula for coming up with it...yet when I asked you to provide that formula...you balked. Why is that, Georgie? Is it because you know there is no formula for establishing Jobs Saved? That's why you tried to pass that A-B=Jobs Saved farce off...isn't it? You did that because you couldn't come up with a formula. Then you pretended to put me on ignore because you didn't know what else to do.

Admit it...you don't really WANT a discussion about economics because you don't know anything about the subject. It's why you've played this silly game of yours...demanding a "deal" you know you'll never honor before you'll answer a simple question!

Deal? Why do you need a "deal" to provide the formula for Jobs Saved? You maintained that statistic is real and that there was a formula for coming up with it...yet when I asked you to provide that formula...you balked. Why is that, Georgie? Is it because you know there is no formula for establishing Jobs Saved? That's why you tried to pass that A-B=Jobs Saved farce off...isn't it? You did that because you couldn't come up with a formula. Then you pretended to put me on ignore because you didn't know what else to do.

Admit it...you don't really WANT a discussion about economics because you don't know anything about the subject. It's why you've played this silly game of yours...demanding a "deal" you know you'll never honor before you'll answer a simple question!

It would be so easy for anyone but you to answer the question of where the republican bill to help decrease unemployment was. But you simply could not. Said you could, even tried a pipeline bill. Really. oldstyle, you were caught lying. And you are turning yourself inside out to make it look like it was ok. Lying, me boy, is not ok. And you lied time, after time, after time, after time.
What makes you look really stupid is when you suggest I twisted your arm to get you to agree to show me a bill, as a condition for your formula. No one could twist anyone's arm, me boy. It was simply that you had no intent of honoring the deal. None at all. Those with honor would admit there was no bill, and have it over. You just go on and on and on and on, wasting everyone's time. You have killed this thread. I see no reason to respond to you again, dipshit. Because you are, without doubt, the lowest human I have yet run into on this board.

It would be so easy for anyone but you to answer the question of where the republican bill to help decrease unemployment was. But you simply could not. Said you could, even tried a pipeline bill. Really. oldstyle, you were caught lying. And you are turning yourself inside out to make it look like it was ok. Lying, me boy, is not ok. And you lied time, after time, after time, after time.
What makes you look really stupid is when you suggest I twisted your arm to get you to agree to show me a bill, as a condition for your formula. No one could twist anyone's arm, me boy. It was simply that you had no intent of honoring the deal. None at all. Those with honor would admit there was no bill, and have it over. You just go on and on and on and on, wasting everyone's time. You have killed this thread. I see no reason to respond to you again, dipshit. Because you are, without doubt, the lowest human I have yet run into on this board.

Why don't you admit there is no real formula for "Jobs Saved", Georgie? Be honest for once. You made the claim. You couldn't back it up. All the rest of this nonsense is just noise. It's why you have the rating that you do. You get caught pretending to know something about economics and then when someone asks you an even remotely involved question about economics...you're screwed! You can't give them an intelligent answer because you don't know anything about the subject...so what do you do? You start with your usual "me boy", "dipshit", "liar" "con tool" baloney...like THAT is going to win you the argument instead of an informed answer. If you really DID want to "respond" to me like a grownup you would have done so weeks ago when I asked you this simple question...

What is the formula the Obama Administration economists used to determine "Jobs Saved"?

By the way, despite what you seem to think that question isn't a personal attack...if you think it is...you've got some serious problems.

The mocking of you for once again pretending to be something you're not isn't a personal attack either...it's the natural result of doing what you're do here! You've EARNED your Georgie designation! God, have you earned it! What's sad is you don't seem to ever learn from the times you've painted yourself into a corner in the past.

Most intelligent people would realize that they embarrass themselves when they pretend to be what they're not and get caught doing so. Not you! It's why I refer to you as George Costanza. You truly are the "Lord of the Idiots".

What's sad is that if you spent half the time studying economics as you do posting your "me boy" histrionics...you'd probably be able to pass yourself off as someone who graduated with a degree in the subject and taught it at the college level. But you're too lazy and too stupid to do that...aren't you?

By the way, despite what you seem to think that question isn't a personal attack...if you think it is...you've got some serious problems.

The mocking of you for once again pretending to be something you're not isn't a personal attack either...it's the natural result of doing what you're do here! You've EARNED your Georgie designation! God, have you earned it! What's sad is you don't seem to ever learn from the times you've painted yourself into a corner in the past.

Most intelligent people would realize that they embarrass themselves when they pretend to be what they're not and get caught doing so. Not you! It's why I refer to you as George Costanza. You truly are the "Lord of the Idiots".

NINETEEN. DO YOU EVER DO ANYTHING BUT INSULT AND ATTACK? EVER? DO YOU EVER TELL THE TRUTH? DO YOU EVER FEEL GUILT FOR WASTING PEOPLE'S TIME.

I never, ever lie. I never, ever pretend that I am something I am not. That is you projecting. Look it up. PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO INTEGRITY LIE. I HAVE INTEGRITY. YOU SIMPLY HAVE NONE. AND YOU KNOW IT. MAKES FOR A MISERABLE LIFE, DOESN'T IT, OLDSTYLE?

YOU ARE UNHAPPY THAT YOU HAVE BEEN CAUGHT LYING TIME AFTER TIME AFTER TIME. AND YOU WANT IN THE WORST WAY TO CATCH ME TELLING A LIE. BUT YOU WILL NOT, ME BOY. BECAUSE I NEVER, EVER LIE. NEVER.

Why don't you admit there is no real formula for "Jobs Saved", Georgie? Be honest for once. You made the claim. You couldn't back it up. All the rest of this nonsense is just noise. It's why you have the rating that you do. You get caught pretending to know something about economics and then when someone asks you an even remotely involved question about economics...you're screwed! You can't give them an intelligent answer because you don't know anything about the subject...so what do you do? You start with your usual "me boy", "dipshit", "liar" "con tool" baloney...like THAT is going to win you the argument instead of an informed answer. If you really DID want to "respond" to me like a grownup you would have done so weeks ago when I asked you this simple question...

What is the formula the Obama Administration economists used to determine "Jobs Saved"?

TWENTY. DO YOU EVER DO ANYTHING BUT INSULT AND ATTACK? EVER? DO YOU EVER TELL THE TRUTH? DO YOU EVER FEEL GUILT FOR WASTING PEOPLE'S TIME.

What's sad is that if you spent half the time studying economics as you do posting your "me boy" histrionics...you'd probably be able to pass yourself off as someone who graduated with a degree in the subject and taught it at the college level. But you're too lazy and too stupid to do that...aren't you?

TWENTY ONE. DO YOU EVER DO ANYTHING BUT INSULT AND ATTACK? EVER? DO YOU EVER TELL THE TRUTH? DO YOU EVER FEEL GUILT FOR WASTING PEOPLE'S TIME.

Ever notice how the board's biggest bullshit artists always post in CAPITAL LETTERS? They must think that caps or a red font makes them more "forceful"!

I AM NOT A LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what Georgie considers proof. He'd be a lot more convincing about the whole "integrity" thing if he provided the formula for determining "Jobs Saved"...but at this point it's rather obvious that won't be happening!

That's what Georgie considers proof. He'd be a lot more convincing about the whole "integrity" thing if he provided the formula for determining "Jobs Saved"...but at this point it's rather obvious that won't be happening!
Do you actually think there is a simple single formula, or do you realize it's a lot more complicated than that? Or do you think there was no methodology and the numbers were just pulled out of somebody's ass?

Ever notice how the board's biggest bullshit artists always post in CAPITAL LETTERS? They must think that caps or a red font makes them more "forceful"!
TWENTY TWO. DO YOU EVER DO ANYTHING BUT INSULT AND ATTACK? EVER? DO YOU EVER TELL THE TRUTH? DO YOU EVER FEEL GUILT FOR WASTING PEOPLE'S TIME.

TWENTY THREE. DO YOU EVER DO ANYTHING BUT INSULT AND ATTACK? EVER? DO YOU EVER TELL THE TRUTH? DO YOU EVER FEEL GUILT FOR WASTING PEOPLE'S TIME.

Do you actually think there is a simple single formula, or do you realize it's a lot more complicated than that? Or do you think there was no methodology and the numbers were just pulled out of somebody's ass?
I see it as just a game. He lies a lot, gets caught a lot, and hates it. I am now his target, and he is trying to "prove" that i lie. Which is hard, since I do not.
I suppose I need to take some responsibility for his rants. I should probably simply ignore him, since he is uninterested in actually addressing the subject of the thread. If you could make the call, what would you suggest??

A spike that very nearly reached the high levels of 2009...so what's your point?
That didn't even happen in 2011. Just how far out on that frail limb are you willing to climb for your fellow yahoo?

The North Dakota oil boom refers to the period of rapidly expanding oil extraction from the Bakken formation in the state of North Dakota that lasted from the discovery of Parshall Oil Field in 2006, and peaked in 2012,[1][2] but with substantially less growth noted since 2015 due to a global decline in oil prices.[3] Despite the Great Recession, the oil boom resulted in enough jobs to provide North Dakota with the lowest unemployment rate in the United States.[4][5] The boom has given the state of North Dakota, a state with a 2013 population of about 725,000, a billion-dollar budget surplus. North Dakota, which ranked 38th in per capita gross domestic product (GDP) in 2001, rose steadily with the Bakken boom, and now has per capita GDP 29% above the national average.[6]

I'm actually willing to go rather far out on that limb, Faun because it's looking rather sturdy! :blowup:
LOL

You've already fallen off. Your post does nothing to prove unemployment peaked in 2011.

Did you not want to comment on my point that the fracking oil and natural gas boom taking place up through 2012 probably created more jobs and more economic growth than ANYTHING the Obama Administration's policies did? Or are you still claiming that didn't happen in 2011?
A lot of things happened in 2011. At the moment, we're discussing what didn't happen -- namely, that unemployment peaked that year.

Are you too senile to keep up, gramps?

Well, in Oldstyles defense, he is only off by two years or so. But, on your side, you are correct. And he is WRONG. 2011? How the hell do you miss the high point of unemployment by two years. By that time, republicans had voted against every bill brought forward by dems to lower the ue rate. Several by then. And Republicans, by that time, had brought forward a round number of bills to lower the rate. That being 0.
Oh, of course, he was trying to say that it was obamas fault that the ue rate had not started down for 2 years or so. One of those famous conservative talking points. That are wrong. But which cons believe, because they believe what they are told, and what they want to believe.

So, apparently oldstyle has been using capital letters. And thinks the purpose is to make himself look forceful. Comical.

Eco-growth-600-nrd.jpg

Of course the numbers were just pulled out of somebody's ass, Pinqy! That was the whole purpose of "Jobs Saved"! It let the Obama Administration avoid having to tell the American public how few jobs they created with the stimulus by substituting a statistic that couldn't be verified! You can TELL they're pulling their numbers out of their asses by the wide range of estimates.

Forum List

Back