US President awards $14M to 15 groups working to prevent homelessness among veterans

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
when the person does good, i praise the person.

he did.......good.

feels so weird to say it!

Like all other programs that are supposed to help Veterans I'll reserve my kudos until I actually see actual proof that a Vet is being helped and no pockets are being lined.

Veterans are capable and able bodied adults.

This is just welfare, which I do not support. You are all going to applaud the government for sticking their hands in my wallet without my consent, just because the money is going to veterans?

This is just welfare, which I do not support. You are all going to applaud the government for sticking their hands in my wallet without my consent, just because the money is going to veterans?

Some are not capable physically or mentally and need help. Good on the president for this.

Some are not capable physically or mentally and need help.

Their living family should support them.

If you want to do more, then start a community organization and collect voluntary dues in order to assist the needy in your area.

I've done so in the past. Some have no family.

Then start a community organization to assist veterans, and collect voluntary dues to maintain it. Try focusing the initiative on leveraging the skillsets of veterans to make their work economically productive, because even individuals with serious mental conditions are still capable of working on an assembly line.

A little bit of the conservative philosophy about self-reliance?

A little bit of the conservative philosophy about self-reliance?

Conservatives hate me.

Either way, it is the just policy. Dependence is a weak attribute in humans, and should be minimized as much as possible.

when the person does good, i praise the person.

he did.......good.

feels so weird to say it!
Republicans feel that's money foolishly spent. Their question: Why spend money helping veterans who are homeless. Haven't we spent enough on homeless vets? And we still have homeless vets.

Seems you don't understand when someone is defending your premise.
So, whatever, sounds like a response from a 12 yr old.

Oh! I can see how they might be upset with your telling them about their own party's thoughts, in a round about way.

Sure, whatever.
This issue is one Obama should get credit for, and it shows what a really despicable and un-American undertaking Two Tone Donnie did with the birthers.

Despite vow to end veteran homelessness, Obama administration halfway there

It cannot be done now, because we're in a partisan election, but someday this country will have to come to grips with the fact that we elected the first, so far as we know, mixed race president, who was not only part of a generation not of the WWII but even not of boomer generations, and who carried on policies that while not uniformly effective or even welcomed, were certainly as much mainstream as anyone's.

It's a good day to be an American.

This issue is one Obama should get credit for, and it shows what a really despicable and un-American undertaking Two Tone Donnie did with the birthers.

Despite vow to end veteran homelessness, Obama administration halfway there

It cannot be done now, because we're in a partisan election, but someday this country will have to come to grips with the fact that we elected the first, so far as we know, mixed race president, who was not only part of a generation not of the WWII but even not of boomer generations, and who carried on policies that while not uniformly effective or even welcomed, were certainly as much mainstream as anyone's.

It's a good day to be an American.

What about this post justifies the forced stealing from Americans to pay into the welfare schemes of the government to retired military veterans?

Forum List

Back