US Prosecutors asking Death Penalty in Roof case

Should the death penalty be on the table in the Roof caae

• Yes

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
You wish.
Please post anything that might support your claim .

You have forgotten yet again, I am intelligent and educated, unlike you.

Punishment is a proven deterrent WHEN the punishment is swift and certain.

"Swift and Certain" Sanctions in Probation Are Highly Effective: Evaluation of the HOPE Program | National Institute of Justice

The farce of a death penalty employed at present offers no deterrent simply because the 20 year lag between conviction and eventual execution makes the convict no more at risk of death than other people. There is no certainty any of use will be alive in 20 years.

Death next week is a very different proposition, and has a very different effect on criminals.

Here is statistical evidence supporting my claim. You won't read it, and if you did you wouldn't understand what you read. But for the lurkers.

https://marisluste.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/deterrence-theory.pdf
Actually you are neither.
Historically ,swift or protracted death penalties have no long term effects on crime.
Fail.

Kill em all.

We need to go back to public hangings. Can we hang the Benghazi turd as well?
Major hissy fit and false comparison.

False comparison? That guy that was turned over to us absolutely led the attack on our embassy and the US announced that we would NOT seek the death penalty.

Justice Department won't seek death penalty in Benghazi case - CNNPolitics.com

HAHAHAHAHA you weren't aware of that and thought I was referring to Hillary , amirite?
Nope but you had to say something.

LOL whatever bro, you obviously thought I was referring to Hillary. Worse, you can't just say "oh my bad" and be done with it.
Nope .

Kill em all.

False comparison? That guy that was turned over to us absolutely led the attack on our embassy and the US announced that we would NOT seek the death penalty.

HAHAHAHAHA you weren't aware of that and thought I was referring to Hillary , amirite?

LOL whatever bro, you obviously thought I was referring to Hillary. Worse, you can't just say "oh my bad" and be done with it.
Nope .

I know you can't. It's childish and pathetic. No, it's not even childish, my 5 year old can admit when she's made a mistake.

If I was facing life in prison, I'd ask for the death penalty.

What the hell, the end result is the same either way and checking out early saves yourself decades of a shit life not worth living.

Nope .

I know you can't. It's childish and pathetic. No, it's not even childish, my 5 year old can admit when she's made a mistake.
False if I had fucked up I would have said so .
Fail.

Historically ,swift or protracted death penalties have no long term effects on crime.
Fail.

As always, a well thought out and well documented reply from duhs..

:lmao:

Duhs brain;

img_full_58759.jpg

Drugs are irrelevant, above is the permanent state.

Kill em all.

Nope .

Derp.

:lol:

Fucking retard.

Nope .

Derp.

:lol:

Fucking retard.
Does the Death Penalty Reduce Crime? - EAPL Student Society - Everything you want to know about Forensic Psychology

Fail.

As always, a well thought out and well documented reply from duhs..

:lmao:

Duhs brain;

img_full_58759.jpg

Drugs are irrelevant, above is the permanent state.
Ohhhh no not the yuri on drugs ploy again!
Fail.

:rofl:

Even in this, you're too stupid to follow along. Don't ever change. :thup:
Yes dear.

It's ineffective in every country it's used in.
Fail.
What damn funny is I'm pro death penalty.

Really?

What is the recidivism rate of criminals who have been executed?

What is damned funny is you have the intellect of a head of cauliflower.

It's ineffective in every country it's used in.
Fail.
What damn funny is I'm pro death penalty.

Really?

What is the recidivism rate of criminals who have been executed?

What is damned funny is you have the intellect of a head of cauliflower.
Way to dodge the subject slappy Mc slapdick.
The subject is not how effective the DP is to individuals but to crime in general .
It has almost no effect.
Fail.

Way to dodge the subject slappy Mc slapdick.
The subject is not how effective the DP is to individuals but to crime in general .
It has almost no effect.
Fail.

False Cauly McCheesesauce. The American left makes claims, the evidence does not support your claims;

{
One way of testing this assumption is to examine how the number of executions carried out relates to the number of homicides committed in a given year. Empirical studies on this topic are often conducted by economists with some claiming to have found an additional deterrent effect of the death penalty compared to long-term or life imprisonment. One study found that “each additional execution decreases homicides by about five, and each additional commutation [of a death sentence to a long prison term] increases homicides by the same amount” [3]. From 1967 to 1976, there was a moratorium on executions in the United States. Researchers have used this freeze in practice to further quantify the deterring effect of capital punishment. In one study, higher rates of homicide were found in 91% of the states after suspension of the death penalty; the reinstatement of capital punishment legislations was followed by a decrease in homicide rates in 70% of states across the US [4].

}

Does the Death Penalty Reduce Crime? - EAPL Student Society - Everything you want to know about Forensic Psychology

As always, you are out of touch, hey, you're a vegetable.

The left has been defeated on the deterrent question; the new tact is that "all murderers are really innocent."

It turns out that a static environment allows us to observe the actual effect. In 1987 the Philippines abolished the DP, but by the mid-90's demanded the reinstatement, why? Simply because of the massive rise in homicide.

{
When Ramos was elected as President in 1992, he declared that the reimposition of the death penalty would be one of his priorities. Political offenses such as rebellion were dropped from the bill. However, the list of crimes was expanded to include economic offenses such as smuggling and bribery.In
December 1993, RA 7659
restoring the death penalty was signed into law. The law makers argued the deteriorating crime situation was a compelling reason for its reimposition. The main reason given was that the death penalty is a deterrent to crime. In 1996, RA 8177 was approved,stipulating lethal injection as the method of execution}

Death Penalty in the Philippines

For. The only thing better is if they could shoot him in the stomach watch him die then bring him back to life and do it over and over again until everyone grew bored with it.
Just bring him to the brink of death. Wash rinse and repeat.

He deserves whatever he gets.

Likely won't live long enough in prison to see an execution.

Put him in general population and let the inmates have their way.
He's pretty. He would be someone's bitch, get to like it, and be protected.

Forum List

Back