US states economies shows most gains since before recession

This isn't a bad thing, but the article points out that these gains are unsustainable and we'll likely return to the "anemic" growth rates within a few months.

The elephant in the room is our $16 trillion debt, and the estimated $200+ trillion in debt that exists (and is very real) but is not counted "on the books". Here's a link to an older article about this:

A National Debt Of $14 Trillion? Try $211 Trillion : NPR

I'd like to note too that the Fed is currently buying about $85 billion in Mortgage-backed bonds every month (while keeping the interest rate close to 0%) as a means to somehow improve our economy. If you ask me, this pretty much equals a never ending bailout (because guess who's getting all of this cash). What's next? Taking money from our bank accounts like how they've been doing with our good friends across the Atlantic?

Anyways, just wanted to drop a line to brighten up everyone's day!

Last edited:
Red state economies shows most gains since before recession

There, fixed

Well to bolster that argument, I just read today that Texas is doing very well and is planning on a $8 billion surplus. Of course, there are many reasons for this but I think a few of can be tied to conservative policy such as low taxation.

Last edited:
Red state economies shows most gains since before recession

There, fixed

Well to bolster that argument, I just read today that Texas is doing very well and is planning on a $8 billion surplus. Of course, there are many reasons for this but I think a few of can be tied to conservative policy such as low taxation.

they also grabbed a bunch of California Companies.....

Forum List

Back